Hello There, Guest! Register

After RPCS3 0.0.7-8667 of 09/09/2019 all is 50% slower
#1
Question 
Good day,
1st tyvm for you all hard work and for this beautiful (and working) emulator.

I write here because ur emulator v. 0.0.7-8667 ch00... (of 09/09/2019) and previous versions all work fine, the frame rate is nice, sounds good, BUT when i update with the last versions (no tested this new v0.0.7-8700 of today, i will do later) the emulation is 50% slow, all is slow of 50% and the games are unplayable.
I hope this will not be permanent, i dont want and i don't can change my PC for much years [ ;'(  ] and i know that with the time (much time and years) the emulators becomes more light and less powerful for to work with normals PC.

For extra info, my setup is Vulcan, all in options faster (last option below and change in fastes or others options don't change much for me), disable the filters or in 2x, the resolution all in 480, with read and write options of GPU is better for me, all setup are for low PC usage and with v0.0.7-8667... and previous all work fine.
My PC is i5 quad core 3500GHz (no hyper active and Windows use only max 3000GHz), GPU Vulcan Nvidia GT1030 (i love this GPU because max power is only 30 Watt - your emulator for now only gets 40% of the GPU and the other 60% is free and no used). I sue ur Windows version, i don't can use ur Linux version because my Linux Mint work only in USB and no Hard Disk, soo only Windows for ur RPCS3.

I write here above all to report the problem to the developers, for my working games, for now i can continue with this old v0.0.7-8667, but in the future, for the new supported games i gotta update it... and I hope that by then everything will be as fast as and better than usual today

For test or hope fix.. suggestions?
Why all work fine with v0.0.7-8667 and the new versions all is the 50% slow (later i will test this new v0.0.7-8700), i need of change some setup or delete all (no saves) and make a new clean setup or other?
Sorry for my bad english, and tyvm for all ur work.


[url=https://rpcs3.net/download][/url]
Reply
#2
You're probably complaining about a problem that doesn't exist anymore on master, you should have tested once more with current build
Reply
#3
(09-14-2019, 01:23 PM)Ani Wrote: You're probably complaining about a problem that doesn't exist anymore on master, you should have tested once more with current build

Hello,
i encoutered the same problem after upgrading from v0.0.6 to the latest 0.0.7 (v0.0.7-8779 Alpha [2019-09-26]), simple games became unplayble, much slower.
Seeing @Look post, i downgraded to v0.0.7-8666 and the framerate got back as before.

Windows 10 x64, i5 4690, Vulkan with Nvidia GTX660 , RAM 8G, default settings

I admit it could require more rigorous testing but wanted to help things going better.
Reply
#4
(09-14-2019, 01:23 PM)Ani Wrote: You're probably complaining about a problem that doesn't exist anymore on master, you should have tested once more with current build
Hello.
I also have that problem, I've tried several compilations of 0.7 and it's always the same result: everything goes very slowly.
I have made a comparative video between 0.6 and 0.7 unto with the specifications of my Pc.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar3bDs7Y7uU
Reply
#5
This is exactly the same thing it's doing on my end Neo_One. In my case the culprit is 0.06.8089. Try loading your game on that version - it should stutter if your issue is the same I have. Then try the previous version 0.06.8086. If it's my same problem that version should NOT stutter. Maybe if we have the same issue we can join forces to see if there is a fix. Smile
Reply
#6
I've tried all 0.6 and I'm doing well, in my case it's any 0.7 compilation. With the video I've linked I hope it serves the developers.
I'll wait to see if they can solve it for a 0.8.
Reply
#7
Performance regressions due to older builds around that time were fixed in the meantime, so this is probably other regression. There's currently a known perf regression with games like Sonic Unleashed.
Reply
#8
(10-04-2019, 05:29 PM)Ani Wrote: Performance regressions due to older builds around that time were fixed in the meantime, so this is probably other regression. There's currently a known perf regression with games like Sonic Unleashed.
For me, anything after 0.06.8086 doesn't work. I tried every single release thereafter and none of them work including the latest ones just released. It just stutters exactly as happens in the video above and with all games I have not just some. 0.06.8086 and earlier worked perfectly and still do.
Reply


Forum Jump:


Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)