Non stop freezing with ni no kuni in fullscreen
Started by klepp0906

0 posts in this topic
klepp0906

11 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2018
08-21-2019, 08:18 PM -
So i remember this being a thing with vulkan at one time.  Some kind of full screen freeze issue.

It didnt effect me due to using OGL.   I still use OGL, I have to as I do the overwhelming majority of my gaming through the steam link app from my bed or couch these days and vulkan + steam link havent gotten along since ever.

unfortunately, I cant get RPCS3 (in this case, ni no kuni) to run in fullscreen for more than a few seconds without a rock solid freeze (video freeze, audio keeps on playing).

I played ni no kuni full screen without issue all the way till the last boss.  At that point I took a break for a few months, and was getting ready to return to the game.   However no matter what setting(s) i tinker with, it locks up on me like that.

anybody have any insight as to whats going on or how i can fix it? Ive tried vsync on in rpcs3 and off.   Tried it forced through nvcp.  Tried with both recompilers.  

Im at a loss, burnt a good several hours on this so far.  - bound n determined!

forgot to mention/worth noting - i can sit at the title screen/view the cutscenes there all day with no issue.  but once i start the game, it doesnt take long to lock up on me.

well, ftr - this isnt limited to full screen. Ninokuni freezing up with sound still jamming even windowed.
This post was last modified: 08-22-2019, 06:50 PM by klepp0906.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 749.48 KB / Downloads: 0)