Ways to improve Shader Loading
Started by Danthefan

2 posts in this topic
Danthefan

3 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2019
05-27-2019, 08:03 PM -
Hey there everyone!
I just got Persona 5 for PS3, and I've just started to emulate it on my rather decent PC.
Specs:
CPU: Intel I7 7700
GPU: GTX 1070TI w/ 8gb DDR5 memory
RAM: 16gb
Running Persona 5 at 1280x720 resolution right now.

So, I should be able to play Persona 5 at a slightly higher framerate than the 10-15 fps I'm getting currently right? Is there anyway I can have RPCS3 preload the shaders used in Persona 5? What can I do to increase the fps? Is there some way I can tone down the amount of npc's the game spawns that way the game doesn't need to load as many shaders? I know that when I face a singular building the game's fps shoots up drastically.
Has anyone been able to solve this problem? I know that RSPC3 posted on their blog about how they can get increased fps by preloading shaders used in a game (link: https://rpcs3.net/blog/2018/08/08/elimin...mentation/), but I'm not sure how to use that feature or if that feature has been fully implemented as of now.
Thank you in advance for any help I can get!
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
05-28-2019, 06:15 PM -
> Is there anyway I can have RPCS3 preload the shaders used in Persona 5?
It preloads the shaders you already found on every boot. You can't preload shaders you didn't find on game code yet, of course.

> What can I do to increase the fps?
Post a log file to check settings

> Is there some way I can tone down the amount of npc's the game spawns that way the game doesn't need to load as many shaders?
Not without modifying the game itself, I'm not aware of any mods that do that

Shaders are already preloaded on first boot, the ones you found on previous gameplay of course. Shader cache has been implemented a long time ago, that predates the async shader compilation post you linked.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Danthefan

3 posts 2 threads Joined: May 2019
05-29-2019, 12:55 AM -
(05-28-2019, 06:15 PM)Ani Wrote: > Is there anyway I can have RPCS3 preload the shaders used in Persona 5?
It preloads the shaders you already found on every boot. You can't preload shaders you didn't find on game code yet, of course.

> What can I do to increase the fps?
Post a log file to check settings

> Is there some way I can tone down the amount of npc's the game spawns that way the game doesn't need to load as many shaders?
Not without modifying the game itself, I'm not aware of any mods that do that

Shaders are already preloaded on first boot, the ones you found on previous gameplay of course. Shader cache has been implemented a long time ago, that predates the async shader compilation post you linked.
 I totally did not have the proper settings on, and switching them on boosted my fps through the roof! Thank you for the help!