148 posts 41 threads Joined: Feb 2019
04-13-2019, 10:51 PM -
RPCS3-0.0.6-7972-df3b46a6 Alpha

Intel i9 9900K
16 GB 3000MHz DDR4
NVIDIA RTX 2080 (Driver 419.67)

Vulkan with default settings

Game should be moved to PLAYABLE

Game plays very well at nearly locked 60 FPS. I don't think it ever dipped below 58 FPS for me. No major graphical issues. Only issue I encountered was a crash during a game that seems to just be a one-off. I will attach that log (labeled crash) in a second comment in this thread because the forum has a maximum number of attachments allowed per post, and the log had to be split into multiple parts.

I've played multiple games since then with no other crashes. I was holding off adding a compatibility report for this game because there was a strange bug where the game could not save data to the HDD, however that seems to be fixed with the most recent master release, which is great! Autosave works and the game can finally access the HDD, so legacy mode and tournaments are fully playable.

Screenshots and playable log attached below

(04-13-2019, 10:51 PM)connorwalks Wrote: RPCS3-0.0.6-7972-df3b46a6 Alpha

Intel i9 9900K
16 GB 3000MHz DDR4
NVIDIA RTX 2080 (Driver 419.67)

Vulkan with default settings

Game should be moved to PLAYABLE

Game plays very well at nearly locked 60 FPS. I don't think it ever dipped below 58 FPS for me. No major graphical issues. Only issue I encountered was a crash during a game that seems to just be a one-off. I will attach that log (labeled crash) in a second comment in this thread because the forum has a maximum number of attachments allowed per post, and the log had to be split into multiple parts.

I've played multiple games since then with no other crashes. I was holding off adding a compatibility report for this game because there was a strange bug where the game could not save data to the HDD, however that seems to be fixed with the most recent master release, which is great! Autosave works and the game can finally access the HDD, so legacy mode and tournaments are fully playable.

Screenshots and playable log attached below

Added crash log attachments
This post was last modified: 04-13-2019, 10:51 PM by connorwalks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.rar   Playable.part01.rar (Size: 3.5 MB / Downloads: 76)
.rar   Playable.part02.rar (Size: 3.5 MB / Downloads: 29)
.rar   Playable.part03.rar (Size: 3.5 MB / Downloads: 27)
.rar   Playable.part04.rar (Size: 3.05 MB / Downloads: 35)
.rar   Crash.part01.rar (Size: 3 MB / Downloads: 18)
.rar   Crash.part02.rar (Size: 1.36 MB / Downloads: 17)
tkfattal22

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2019
04-26-2019, 05:29 PM -
Hi Connor,

Is it possible to run the RPCS3 Emulator smoothly on a Mac?

I've been on a small journey trying to get the game to run on my Mac using a PS2 emulator. EVERYTHING is working great, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to control the game with my PS4 controller. I've tried multiple joystick/gamepad programs, binded the buttons, etc. - which seem to bind just fine and are recognized by the emulator on the backend configuration settings - but still no luck. 

The game boots up beautiful and I'm stuck with no way to control the game.

That said - I'm now seeing if it's worth simply downloaded the ps3 emulator and trying it that way.

Hope this message finds you well - seeing your report that NCAA Basketball '09 is 'playable' via the RPCS3 was inspiring.

Any help or guidance would be awesome - thanks, man!
This post was last modified: 04-26-2019, 05:38 PM by Ani.
connorwalks

148 posts 41 threads Joined: Feb 2019
11-08-2019, 09:40 PM -
(04-26-2019, 05:29 PM)tkfattal22 Wrote: Hi Connor,

Is it possible to run the RPCS3 Emulator smoothly on a Mac?

I've been on a small journey trying to get the game to run on my Mac using a PS2 emulator. EVERYTHING is working great, but for the life of me, I can't figure out how to control the game with my PS4 controller. I've tried multiple joystick/gamepad programs, binded the buttons, etc. - which seem to bind just fine and are recognized by the emulator on the backend configuration settings - but still no luck. 

The game boots up beautiful and I'm stuck with no way to control the game.

That said - I'm now seeing if it's worth simply downloaded the ps3 emulator and trying it that way.

Hope this message finds you well - seeing your report that NCAA Basketball '09 is 'playable' via the RPCS3 was inspiring.

Any help or guidance would be awesome - thanks, man!
Sorry for the very late response, but no this is not possible. The emulator only works on Windows and Linux. Even if the devs wanted to make a build for macOS, Apple has depricated OpenGL support and I don't think they support Vulkan, just their proprietary API Metal. You could try bootcamp with AMD ddrivers if you have a discrete GPU, but this emulator requires a lot of CPU power so I don't know how well that would work. As for using the PCSX2 emulator, feel free to send me a PM and we can discuss that there, but I don't think that we should be discussing how to use other emulators on this forum since it's just not pertinent to RPCS3