Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [BCES00757]
Started by Alchemy-Meister

7 posts in this topic
Alchemy-Meister

26 posts 13 threads Joined: Oct 2017
01-07-2019, 12:07 AM -
rpcs3-v0.0.5-7678-52ac0a90_win64

Followed settings suggested in https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-187642-page-2.html, both SPU ASMJIT and LLVM got me into ingame.
Vulkan
PPU:LLVM
SPU: ASMJIT and LLVM (experimental)
Load automatic and manual selection
-libvdec.sprx
Strict Rendering Mode
Write Color Buffers

Current status: Ingame

This post was last modified: 01-09-2019, 12:55 AM by Ani.

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 514.65 KB / Downloads: 82)
steapo

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2020
05-06-2020, 08:27 PM -
                I have a lot of problems with the game. I've tried everything I've found here and several options. The game is usually slow both to load and into it. The worst, though, often freeze after a while.

Is there anyone who's finished it? I'm also looking on youtube for possible solutions...

I need help

----------------------------

Now with these settings I play normally without the graphics card sinking after a while.
This post was last modified: 05-10-2020, 05:41 PM by steapo.
romano

19 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2021
07-09-2022, 06:53 PM -
I have just completed the game, updated to version: 1.09
RPCS3 version used was: 0022-13821

Aside from default settings + recommended "write color buffers", I set: 
RSX FIFO Accuracy => Atomic.
I did *not* had "Accurate RSX Reservations access" set, despite recommendation in wiki. I believe setting RSX FIFO Accuracy to Atomic is a good alternative with less impact on speed? Maybe should be default setting as FPS impact seems minimal and help a lot with stability.

With settings above game only froze once during entire gameplay(PPU trap) and that was near end(after fight in the temple). That crash was random, after RPCS3 restart I finished it without further issues.
There have been occasional minor graphic glitches, most relevant glitch happened in the first jungle level(white spots across bottom width of the screen, around 100 pixels height, similar white spots have been seen in TLOU and Uncharted 3).
I consider these still minor and did not had an effect on gameplay.
Little issue with blue obstacles is still present(as described in wiki), I had to use grenade but on different one that showed in wiki. Other needed little off centre axis shoot with pistol. I still would not downgrade gameplay status because of it though.

Finally, I used following game patches:
60fps,
bug fix: quit to menu crash,
disable: DOF, motion blur, SSAO, SPU post-processing, velocity motion blur,
enable: GPU lightning

PLAYABLE
This post was last modified: 07-09-2022, 07:08 PM by romano.
[email protected], 16GB RAM, GTX1060-6GB, Win7
yurinator557
RPCS3 Tester

356 posts 44 threads Joined: Jul 2019
07-09-2022, 09:08 PM -
The game must run OK with no patches enabled to be considered playable
3 screenshots and log are missing
The issues you describe with it make it sound not playable

This game definitely is not playable yet
romano

19 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2021
07-09-2022, 10:30 PM -
(07-09-2022, 09:08 PM)yurinator557 Wrote: The game must run OK with no patches enabled to be considered playable
3 screenshots and log are missing
The issues you describe with it make it sound not playable

This game definitely is not playable yet

Log does reset upon every new RPCS3 start, yet to complete a game like this it takes multiple days and new RPCS3 starts. So showing it would only give you info on that single run, not a whole picture. 

3 screenshots can be useful, I will keep that in mind especially when documenting glitches, but otherwise also do not prove anything as they can be taken all 3 from some early levels. 

All glitches were minor and sporadic, none prevented me to finish the game:
"Playable: Games that can be completed with playable performance and no game breaking glitches"

As for using patches, this I can understand. You want a clear untainted run, but I hate effects like motion bur, MLAA or DOF so I wouldn't spend my time through a whole game with those enabled if I don't have to. Therefore consider my "PLAYABLE" as a recommendation, not a statement and feel free to ignore it. So far there were only people claiming problems, asking if anyone completed it. My post is the first now where I can safely say that I was able to finish the game without too many issues, with settings described.
This post was last modified: 07-09-2022, 10:31 PM by romano.
[email protected], 16GB RAM, GTX1060-6GB, Win7
Emogop

9 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2019
12-18-2022, 03:21 PM -
I beat the game. I recommend some settings:
Stub PPU Traps: 1 in custom config file. Prevents crashes with the same error.
In Advanced I selected libsail.sprx (no more Vk device lost crashes)
Other notable settings:
Accurate RSX reservation access ON
RSX FIFO accuracy Atomic
Write Color Buffers Checked

I enabled all the custom patches except debug menu. The are some graphical glitches.
1. Some patches of water were flickering (minor) but mostly OK.
2. Some textures were flickering (very minor)
Other visual bugs are not noteworthy (for me at least)
But the game is not playable in terms of what is devs consider playable:
1. There are still random crashes. But not very often. Also checkpoints are placed very generously so there were no frustration on that part.
2 There a thing occurs when the screen becomes grey-yellowish color and although the game is still running you can't see a thing so reastart is needed.
3. The bug in chapter 25 is still there. Those who don't know the workaround would probably be stuck.
I played on my 8-cores coffeelake 4,3 Ghz and FPS was mostly 30, often dipping down to 25, and rarely 19-21, so in that sense it's fine. Not good but fine.
This post was last modified: 12-18-2022, 03:22 PM by Emogop.
Loacoon

15 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2020
06-07-2023, 04:07 PM -
I noticed that this game more than the others I've tested so far, is locking one CPU core at 100% no matter what happens, even in cutscenes. It's probably a cause of low FPS in heavier situations. Most of the time, my GPU is barely used.
davewuk

23 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2019
07-11-2023, 07:14 AM -
After PR #14149 the game runs really well at native resolution without any patches except the SPU post-processing patch. If I don't use the SPU post-processing patch I get slight glitches at the top and bottom of the screen.

I'm about halfway through my second playthrough and so far only noticed problems on one level where there was excessive blooom (Chapter 17 "Mountaineering")

[Image: wK3Vm8X.png]

Obviously this can be fixed by applying the appropriate patch while playing that level.

The game is still challenging to run but I don't get any frame rate dips on my i7 12700k + RTX2060 super except when a lot of shaders are being compiled for the first time. I'm also certain there are settings that would make the game run faster but I'm using very close to default settings in my testing.

This game is now very close to playable if you have the specs

EDIT: sorry posted this against the wrong version, I have PSN version
This post was last modified: 07-11-2023, 07:21 AM by davewuk.