Skate 3 Goes Sloth Speed at One Mission
Started by TheBigPoppa

1 posts in this topic
TheBigPoppa

3 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2018
10-03-2018, 03:01 AM -
Recently I got back into using RPCS3. However, I have ran into an Issue with Skate 3. The game runs nearly butter-smooth except for one small part. One I finish the "First TSM Photoshoot" mission and I reach the rewards screen, my game slows to a whopping 1FPS and then never picks back up. I've let it sit for a few minutes and a few hours and it stays at 1 FPS.

I have attached a .7z file with a log of one of my runs and the config for Skate 3.

My specs are an i7-8700k, a GTX 1060 3GB, and 8GB of DDR4 RAM. I am wanting to know if this issue occurs because of an error on my part of an error with the emulator. Any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files
.7z   RPCS3.7z (Size: 1.92 MB / Downloads: 2)
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
10-03-2018, 11:00 PM -
I have heard of this happening in free skate, but performance in career mode is fine. The game isn't playable so issues are to be expected. I'd use auto spu threads for skate 3 to be honest and why do you have frame skip on? And why is zcull disabled? The recent changes by kd seen in august heavily improved performance in skate 3 by optimizing zcull, I wouldn't disable it. You also have a CPU with 12 threads, you shouldn't be using "lower spu thread priority" ever.

Also never use GPU texture scaling, it can cause some issues with a few games and doesn't really provide any performance gain. Wait... you have the audio renderer set to "null" as well? why?...
This post was last modified: 10-03-2018, 11:05 PM by Asinine.