PS3 Frame rates vs RPCS3
Started by BFLAME

1 posts in this topic
BFLAME

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Apr 2018
09-25-2018, 02:38 AM -
Hello to all!

My queston is simple.. Many games on ps3 has frame rate issues, I was wondering if we will expirience the same frame issues when playing on RPCS3. For exemple, Drakengard 3 on Ps3 has terrible frame rates, will RPCS3 be able to give us at least a solid 30 fps in the future? fixing all the frame dips that we get when playing on a real ps3 console.
JobeStroud

33 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2017
09-25-2018, 03:48 PM -
Since the frame rates drops are due to lack of raw power of the PS3. In theory having more powerful hardware should balance out those issues. Unless they are more concerned about accuracy than speed. If so it will even slow down on the emulator cause it is emulating the system accurately. So yes it can fix the frame rate issues though, it may not as well..
Just like how NES emulators are more about accuracy then speed. Like when too many pixels are on screen and the emulator will still make them flash cause "out of memory." It is really up to the creators what they want to do.
PCSX2 is a perfect example of speed vs accuracy. Hell some PS3 games take into account that they won't run at a desired frame rate and uses it to determine how code is executed. Sometimes simple things such as game clocks, or some games such as encounter rates. Zelda Breath of The Wild on Wii U is a good example on how arrows are tied to frame rate for their distance. so 60 FPS vs its' wanted 30 FPS makes arrows drop twice as fast. Why there is a hack for arrows on the Cemu emulator.
Drakengard 3 is just a poorly programmed game that is designed to run at a constant 30 fps I think. So it will most likely be fine at a constant frame rate.
This post was last modified: 09-25-2018, 03:48 PM by JobeStroud.
Mobo: ROG Maximus Hero VII
CPU: Intel 4790k O.C. to 4.6 GHZ
GPU: EVGA 1070 O.C. 100 MHZ and 250 on Memory
Ram: 16 gigs DDR3 2133 MHZ Timings 9-11-11-31
HDD: Roms on Seagate Baracuda 1TB
Monitor: Gateway 24" 1920x1200 60 Hertz