PSN-bought games
Started by MikuRin

1 posts in this topic
MikuRin

2 posts 2 threads Joined: Jul 2018
07-28-2018, 12:51 PM -
Hello everyone!

I'm looking to use this emulator for the first time and I do believe I have set it up properly, but I have no games for it yet. This is because what I'm first looking for to play, are the PS3 versions of the Diva F and F 2nd games that I have on Vita myself. I'd love to see them on my monitor instead of the tiny Vita screen. So, my question is, if I buy the PS3 versions of these games on the PS Network, can I download them to my pc and dump/play them? Or do I need to try to find disc versions of the games? 
PSN downloads would be more convenient if it were possible, but I have not been able to find clear info on this, hence why I ask. I do think that this question is a bit too general to post it in support, so that is why I ask it here.

A small problem might be that I do not have a PS3 myself,nor do I have a Blu-Ray burner; I have a normal DVD burner. That is why I was thinking of the PSN purchase and download through PC. I can buy a PS3, but it would then just be collecting dust in a closet because I really don't use my consoles as much anymore, last time I have touched my X360 was 3 years ago. If I would buy a PS now, it would likely be the 4 instead. 

I hope someone can give me or point me towards more info on this; it'd be amazing if using PSN games were possible.

Thanks in advance,

- MikuRin
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
07-28-2018, 07:00 PM -
You can not dump PSN games without a PS3 console

You can use PSN games, but a console is required to dump them to your PC
This post was last modified: 07-28-2018, 07:00 PM by Ani.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux