OKAMI HD (Download Ver.) [NPUB30720] freezes
Started by dorian

0 posts in this topic
dorian

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Jul 2018
07-08-2018, 12:55 PM -
Hi,

I have been running Okami HD on RPCS3 on and off for some months now and regularly updating rpcs3 in the meantime. Running 22 hours in the game without encountering major issues (running flawlessly pretty much) and since updating some time in May (sorry, cannot really remember when) the game freezes in the first one to five minutes of play, at times even in the loading screen. The RPCS3 main window itself does not crash and I can stop/restart or start other games.

While I could not find a solution for my problem (or people having similar problems), other games I have (Bionic Commando, God of War HD, Catherine) do not exhibit this behavior and run fine (i.e. without freezing).

I also installed the AppImage version of rpcs3 (running Arch package rpcs3-git otherwise), did a clean rpcs3 install (moved config/game folders) with a new save game and still did experience freezes. I switched from Vulkan to OpenGL, changed PPU/SPU interpreters, tried to change various options and freezes still happen.

So as a last step before giving up on the game I hope someone here might be able to help me. Attached RPCS3.log, TTY.log was empty.

CPU: Ryzen 1600, GPU: AMD Radeon RX570, 16GB RAM, Arch Linux (using mesa drivers and most current stable kernel)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 378.1 KB / Downloads: 1)
This post was last modified: 07-09-2018, 03:44 PM by dorian.