Brute Force Save Editor
Started by Inotamira

0 posts in this topic
Inotamira

1 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2018
05-24-2018, 03:17 PM -
Before I ask my question, I want to make one thing perfectly clear, I AM NOT asking for how to decrypt a save from a PS3 to use with RPCS3. Please do not post videos to how to do so, a child could do it, I'm not asking about it, please stay on topic. Every topic about this either isn't answering the question I'm about to ask, or just gets dropped right after someone posts a link about decrypting a save, which is not what I'm after.

What I would like to do, is use brute force save data to edit a games save, the files are of course saved in a decrypted state by RPCS3 and I can kind of use the codes in brute force to manually edit the save but it's far from ideal and doesn't always work as the address' being used can sometimes be confusing to read. Brute Force seems to demand the save be encrypted first, then decrypted, before it will allow saves to be edited, otherwise it'll just tell you the save hasn't been decrypted and refuses to go from there. I am using the latest 4.7.5 version of BfSD, if an older version could do it, I'd be cool with that, I would just really like an answer to this question, if it can't be done without it being encrypted, I'll carry on the way I am, just please, don't post a video about encrypted files from a PS3, that is not what I'm trying to do.