Every game suddenly runs poorly..
Started by Ftmh1030

2 posts in this topic
Ftmh1030

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2018
05-07-2018, 08:24 PM -
Greetings!

I'm kind of new to RPCS3 emulation and i've been using it for a couple of days.

I played alot of Drakengard 3 and it ran perfectly until today where it started running poorly.

So I decided to try Ni No Kuni, because I know it ran fine on my computer when I tried it, same problem.

When I say poorly, it's very poorly, Drakengard 3 went from a constant 30fps @1440p to 5-6fps.

I did not mess with anything and I have no idea what could've caused this issue..

In fact, I was playing Drakengard 3 yesterday and it ran perfectly fine. When I wanted to play some more today, it started running super bad, I didn't have any windows update or drivers updates or anything, it just started running incredibly bad all of a sudden..

I already tried restarting my computer, tried using openGL, tried playing at 720p and I also updated RPCS3 to the latest version but the problem still persists.. As I said it's weird because everything was working super fine yesterday.

I also tried to use CEMU & playing some graphically demanding pc games to see if it was maybe a graphics card issue but they worked perfectly fine so I think it has something to do with RPCS3.

Here are my specs:
GTX 1080Ti - Driver version: 397.31
i7 7700k
32Gb of RAM
Windows 10 - 64bits

My RPCS3 settings: https://i.imgur.com/pQX44r7.png

And finally My RPCS3 log & TTY files (I launched Drakengard 3, tried playing a mission then closed it before uploading the files.) : http://www.mediafire.com/file/bj8lhbybhr...20logs.rar

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.
Ftmh1030

2 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2018
05-09-2018, 02:22 AM -
Update: By the time the thread got approved, RPCS3 started running perfectly again.

Asked on RPCS3's reddit and it apparently randomly happens on Windows..

I didn't even restart my computer, I just tried running RPCS3 after like 5 hours-ish and it was then running normally, which is pretty weird.

But oh well, now I know that it's just a random bug that doesn't last long. Tongue
crispy81

175 posts 19 threads Joined: Jan 2018
05-10-2018, 10:03 AM -
My games were running beautifully at close to 30fps, until installing 0.0.5-6718. Now they're lucky to get above 10fps. Unplayable. Either new bugs or new features that need optimizing at some point. I'll keep trying each new version.