SIREN: Blood Curse [NPEA00095]
Started by IlDucci

15 posts in this topic
IlDucci

23 posts 4 threads Joined: May 2018
04-17-2019, 10:01 AM -
(04-15-2019, 06:48 PM)Asinine Wrote: "This game has improved very nicely, but isn't perfect. Ingame wise, the bug where videos would end up with a black screen when finished playing or when skipped is over, so the last major bugger is out of the picture."

What does this mean? The black screen issue after videos was fixed or it's still there? I'm confused as to what is preventing this from being playable.

The black screen issue after videos is fixed. However, I got a full freeze after playing my third level in a row, during gameplay, not with videos. So maybe it's playable until the end, maybe if you reset the emulator from time to time.
This post was last modified: 04-17-2019, 10:03 AM by IlDucci.
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
04-18-2019, 01:41 AM -
Okay, fair enough. Thanks for the clarification.
digitaldude
RPCS3 Tester

3,031 posts 559 threads Joined: Aug 2017
05-19-2019, 08:34 PM -
US version playable.
Amilygaga

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2020
06-04-2020, 03:30 PM -
Thank you Big Grin
IlDucci

23 posts 4 threads Joined: May 2018
01-06-2021, 09:14 PM -
It's been a while, but I've finally found some time to play and beat the PSN version of Siren: Blood Curse. The game can be beaten entirely (i've done a full 100% Archive route), but there's still hangs and full freezes happening.

PPU Decoder: Recompiler (LLVM)
SPU Decoder: Recompiler (LLVM)
Renderer: Vulkan
Shader Mode: Async (multi threaded)
GPU: No special settings applied.

- Playtested with the latest RPCS3 versions of the past five days (last one: RPCS3 0.0.14-11518-6ae1f1b0 Alpha).
 - Current PC settings: W10 1909 x64, Intel Core i5-6600K 3.50 GHZ 4 CPUs, 16GBs of RAM, GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB of VRAM.

It seems that audio and video decoding are still posing issues. From time to time, my game froze for a few seconds, at specific situations. Sometimes after hitting a button to do a enviroment-based action (hiding in a closet, open a door...). I have the feeling, judging by what I've saw in the log, that the audio decoder some times has issues when a new audio is played.

Playing for a long time is undesired. The game will freeze entirely after playing for over 1-2 hours. Make use of the Chapter system this game has to end a Chapter/Level, return to the Main Menu, then reset the emulator to avoid getting the emulator freezing.

Skipping FMV cutscenes can still cause full game freezing. It happens after playing for a while, so if you are playing, don't skip cutscenes too much.

Texture corruption still happens, though less frequently. The Pause menu's hints at the bottom of the screen some times show white bars only, as if the DXT texture was misread. I even had a case where a Sightjack target's texture was entirely wrong (screenshot provided).

No special settings were applied to this game.

I'm attaching a two-hour gameplay log that contains plenty of errors that happened when the game hanged temporarily because of audio errors and that ended with a full game freeze. Since it's too long, I'm posting it outside the site: https://anonfiles.com/11Maua63p7/RPCS3-S...0210106_7z
This post was last modified: 01-06-2021, 09:16 PM by IlDucci.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

EnekoT2001

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2018
11-24-2021, 05:34 PM -
I know this thread is a bit dead but I've been having an issue and I can't find any info on how to fix it and I've been trying everything. basically: Videos end too soon. The more I play without restarting the emulator the more prominent it gets, especially in video cutscenes after a gameplay section. I think it has to do with a synchronization issue bc if I try to make it fullscreen and windowed several times it's more prominent and the subtitles/audio plays out of sync and it ends way before it should.

I tried changing many settings in the emulator but nothing makes a difference at all, it might seem it does but the videos mid-gameplay always end a bit too early. Help?

Also, I checked the video files and they don't have sound nor subtitles so the audio/subtitle streams are separate and I think it has an issue with sync? Idk, that's all I could dig up, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

(11-24-2021, 05:34 PM)EnekoT2001 Wrote: I know this thread is a bit dead but I've been having an issue and I can't find any info on how to fix it and I've been trying everything. basically: Videos end too soon. The more I play without restarting the emulator the more prominent it gets, especially in video cutscenes after a gameplay section. I think it has to do with a synchronization issue bc if I try to make it fullscreen and windowed several times it's more prominent and the subtitles/audio plays out of sync and it ends way before it should.

I tried changing many settings in the emulator but nothing makes a difference at all, it might seem it does but the videos mid-gameplay always end a bit too early. Help?

Also, I checked the video files and they don't have sound nor subtitles so the audio/subtitle streams are separate and I think it has an issue with sync? Idk, that's all I could dig up, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Ok I tested with the latest rpcs3 version and disabling audio buffering and it improves a bit, barely any audio stutter during gameplay and if there is it's 1 time and the audio doesn't glitch, the videos sometimes skip a bit earlier than they should but nothing important, sometimes is like 100ms and other maybe half a second or one, but not several seconds like before. 

The audio stutter happens a lot while in the archive section while moving the cursor tho, so I try to close and open the emulator all the time just in case. Havent tried to use the latest rpcs3 with audio buffering on in case the update fixed this by chance (they mentioned improving the audio backend) but I'm ok with the current settings. Just wanted to leave it here if it helps anyone
This post was last modified: 11-25-2021, 12:17 PM by EnekoT2001.