SoulCalibur II HD Online [NPEB01828]
Started by hyperspeed

11 posts in this topic
themanuel

27 posts 7 threads Joined: Apr 2018
06-16-2019, 06:53 PM -
Thanks for sharing the log, as helped me find what the problem was. I did not characterize the problem properly initially. The game ran full speed but the audio was very choppy and had an echo or looping effect. This is probably what Dreamcaster experienced as well. By comparing my settings with digitaldude's and changing some of them to match his, I found the culprit to be audio buffering. It just doesn't seem to work with this game. Disabling it makes the audio work fine.

The game still freezes for me with OpenGL at the "Compiling Shaders" screen, but I really just play everything I can with Vulkan so I'll let someone else resolve that one.

Audio:
Enable Buffering: false

Thank you both.
theDreamcaster

72 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2018
06-16-2019, 08:35 PM -
(01-16-2019, 01:17 PM)themanuel Wrote: Why would being a port of a PS/2 game affect RPCS3's ability to scale it like other titles?

(06-16-2019, 06:53 PM)themanuel Wrote: Thanks for sharing the log, as helped me find what the problem was.  I did not characterize the problem properly initially.  The game ran full speed but the audio was very choppy and had an echo or looping effect.  This is probably what Dreamcaster experienced as well.  By comparing my settings with digitaldude's and changing some of them to match his, I found the culprit to be audio buffering.  It just doesn't seem to work with this game.  Disabling it makes the audio work fine. 

The game still freezes for me with OpenGL at the "Compiling Shaders"  screen, but I really just play everything I can with Vulkan so I'll let someone else resolve that one.

Audio:
  Enable Buffering: false

Thank you both.

yup that fixed it.  thanks all..
This post was last modified: 06-18-2019, 03:57 PM by theDreamcaster.