Ni No Kuni - SPU pausing
Started by mbj0310

0 posts in this topic
mbj0310

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2018
04-06-2018, 04:22 AM -
Hi guys,

I made this thread, to share my experience using the SPU pausing method which is already known. But I have no knowledge about programming and etc. I just want to share my experience and achievement, and hope that this would be helpful for all of us.

Ryzen 7 1700 Eight-Core, RAM 24GB

[BLJS10150] No No Kuni All in one Edition, and the language is modified into Korean by some Korean users. It is an ISO file.

rpcs3-v0.0.5-6638-56811863_win64, published 4th April.
In the CPU setting, PPU and SPU decoders were Recompiler as usual, and preferred SPU threads was auto. Load liblv2.sprx only. Finally, only enable thread scheduler was checked. Other additional settings were not checked.
In the GPU, the renderer was Vulkan, and the framelimit was set to off. Default resolution was 1280*720 and resolution scare is 150%, thus the final resolution was 1920*1080.

In the game, I stopped the ‘SPU[0x2000002] Thread (CellSpursKernel2)’ first. The the fps increased. See the first and the second picture. The first capture was without any SPU pause. The second capture was taken when the SPU 2 was paused.
Furthermore, I paused the SPU[0x2000000] Thread (CellSpursKernel0) in the next step. Then additional increase of fps was shown, even in the field. Compare the 3rd and 4th pictures.

This is my experience. It seems that the order of pausing SPUs were important, 0 then 2. I don't know why. 
Sometimes, pause could make a freeze, but you can run and pause the SPU repeatedly, then it works. In addition, when the loading screen appears, you should run the SPU. In the loading screen the game will stop when the SPU was paused.

I have a question. In the log file you can see so many error message. Is it a normal phenomenon? I have not played other games with rpcs3 before. This is my first time.

Thank you for reading this.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 561.79 KB / Downloads: 0)