Dungeon Siege III [BLUS30510]
Started by MasterTurkey

3 posts in this topic
MasterTurkey

125 posts 51 threads Joined: Feb 2018
03-14-2018, 09:59 PM -
RPCS3 v0.0.5-6541-5f047034a Alpha | HEAD
Intel® Core™ i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz | 8 Threads | 23.95 GiB RAM | AVX+

Loads. Shows FPS counter. Intro. Goes in-game *sometimes*. Game disc dumped with Multiman and copied to PC.

I got this to go in game once, then tried to recreate it later to no avail. I've tried for the last few hours and finally got in game. When I started my recording software the game froze. I got screen shots this time though. I shouldn't have tried recording. 

It's very difficult to get to the menu, it's even more difficult to get to the "start game option". The menu says press start and then doesn't load any further and this is the most common problem and throws this error...

U {PPU[0x1000022] Thread (thr_list_info) [0x0354e038]} sys_prx TODO: _sys_prx_unload_module(id=0x2304ad00, flags=0x0, pOpt=*0x0)

My settings...

Vulkan, PPU precise, SPU ASMJIT, Load liblv2.sprx only, enable thread scheduler, lower spu priority, enable spu loop detection, write color buffers 64x64, use gpu texture scaling, strict rendering mode, 720p resolution...

Log file is too big for upload...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1iZUjRp...Yxsuv3Vwop
http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/RSoPApNn/file.html
https://mega.nz/#!PfxhQKBT!dhxL77X50DGSWF5WDg9rpbMavJKunLIDYQ6G1XUOogM

So in conclusion... there's several screen shots. Description. Version. Game ID in [ not (... if I'm missing something feel free to let me know. But I think this is pretty thorough.

If you get to a "loading screen" , restart process. Loading screen always stuck in loop. Especially since it's just trying to "load" the menu which loads quickly *sometimes*...
This post was last modified: 03-14-2018, 10:03 PM by MasterTurkey.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-15-2018, 04:26 AM -
If a game only goes ingame on first boot you can try: Clearing gamedata if it exists, looking through the log and see if it fails on a certain path, some games require you to delete a cache folder on each boot though that is also rare. Otherwise it could be a race condition (aka random) and to increase the chance of it working you can disable additional SPU options, try OpenGL and possibly change spu threads to auto.

Since the game just infinitely loads, my guess would be an issue with gamedata or cache.

"Errors" starting with U and in orange are not real errors they are "TODO"s e.g something not implemented yet. The main thing to look out for is those pink/purple F (Fatal) errors.
This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 04:27 AM by Asinine.
MasterTurkey

03-15-2018, 06:41 AM -
(03-15-2018, 04:26 AM)Asinine Wrote: If a game only goes ingame on first boot you can try: Clearing gamedata if it exists, looking through the log and see if it fails on a certain path, some games require you to delete a cache folder on each boot though that is also rare. Otherwise it could be a race condition (aka random) and to increase the chance of it working you can disable additional SPU options, try OpenGL and possibly change spu threads to auto.

Since the game just infinitely loads, my guess would be an issue with gamedata or cache.

"Errors" starting with U and in orange are not real errors they are "TODO"s e.g something not implemented yet. The main thing to look out for is those pink/purple F (Fatal) errors.

To help get to the menu, I'd delete the game data before boot and that would help get to the menu. But would not insure getting past the start button to the actual menu.  Sad

I will try disabling the spu options and clearing the data and try running again. because on the first boot (no recording because I thought, hey I'll just record later...) it ran and I got to some dead bodies and clicked on them for info. It wasn't anything special and then I just quit out because I thought I could recreate it later. Thanks for your advise.

(03-15-2018, 04:26 AM)Asinine Wrote: If a game only goes ingame on first boot you can try: Clearing gamedata if it exists, looking through the log and see if it fails on a certain path, some games require you to delete a cache folder on each boot though that is also rare. Otherwise it could be a race condition (aka random) and to increase the chance of it working you can disable additional SPU options, try OpenGL and possibly change spu threads to auto.

so with your advise I pretty much turned all the extra options off and was able to get in game again. deleting game data everytime. before I got it working, I decided THAT time not to delete the shader cache. somehow it worked, but then would not work a second time. however, this time I was recording with nvidia at the same time. but something really weird happened when I got to the dead bodies. Only way to describe it is screen burn? Like old film at a movie style. I'll post pics ... 

Here's the log file... (different than first log file but same game same rpcs3 version)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tXvUQB...mdndihHk8t
This post was last modified: 03-15-2018, 07:20 AM by MasterTurkey.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

MasterTurkey

03-18-2018, 02:22 AM -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fx60c5MtkLI