Started by ViruzZ

1 posts in this topic
ViruzZ

45 posts 24 threads Joined: Sep 2017
12-05-2017, 09:15 AM -
RPCS3 v0.0.4-6207-970d2a06 Alpha | HEAD
Intel® Core™ i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz | 12 Threads | 31.94 GiB RAM | AVX+ | TSX

ICO goes in game and playable.
I never played this game before, so i dont know if all shadows, lightning and special effects are present.

1) OpenGL Shows, Intro, Title scree and introductory in-game animation, than goes in game
2) Vulkan, Black screen Intro, Black Screen Title Screen, if you keep pressing Start Button you'll eventually arrive to the Boat in-engine video, from that point everything is visible.
3) Sometimes OpenGL will have the same black screen intro and title screen bug like Vulkan, but emptying ..\dev_hdd1\cache\ resolves this
4) The in-Engine intro and title screen is bright yellow, over-saturated, but after it changes to second intro cut scene, this effect is gone. I think this super yellow/over saturated effect is in-game too, it effects the sun effect that shines trough small windows when you start the game.
5) 300% Scaling (OpenGL) has no AA effect on the MPC
6) He doesn't cast any shadows (maybe it supposed to be like this, never played the original)

Shadow of the Colossus, loads up and goes in-game, works in both Vulkan and OGL with same bugs.
The Intro has the same over-bright yellow effect on it., but less yellow more white.
After the on-Screen Text "Now,Be on your way"  appears, the screen gets fully solid white and light outline around MPC.
If you press  pause and then exit pause you can properly see the game world for like 1 second, so the white color is some broken effect.
If you push forward and exit the main building to outside world, press pause and reduce brightness to zero, the outside world will be mostly visible.

P.S. If mods need the log file  for ico after it loads fine and than after it breaks without deleting cache folder and the log file for SoftC just let me know here and ill post all 3.

ICO, OpenGL, In-Game
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 147.77 KB / Downloads: 33)
ICO, Vulkan, In-Game
.gz   RPCS3.VulkanLog.gz (Size: 112 KB / Downloads: 21)
SofC, Vulkan, In-Game 
.gz   RPCS3.SofCLog.gz (Size: 116.53 KB / Downloads: 45)
This post was last modified: 12-05-2017, 11:27 AM by ViruzZ.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-29-2020, 03:45 PM -
RPCS3 v0.0.8-9452-ad8988af Alpha
SoTC is now playable as of the above version and since Ico is already playable, we can move this collection safely. You can see my gameplay and the improvement here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WkZXOYDvKcU towards the end. One of our testers finished SoTC with 0 crashes, and no issues by increasing the new setting on the advanced tab, "Driver Wake-Up Delay" to change it, you need to right-click the game and create a custom config. Set it to around 200 and it should stop the RSX Desync crashes. If it doesn't completely fix it, try 400. Going too high will reduce performance, but below 600 or so and the difference should be unnoticeable.

Performance improves significantly if you use the patch to disable MLAA, it can be found here: https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...s#SPU_MLAA . If i change vblank on the advanced settings tab i can run over the game's 30fps cap and even hit over a hundred fps in SoTC, and over 500fps in Ico if i set vblank ridiculously high and use resolution scaling. For some reason Ico is faster with 101% or higher res scaling when using the patch, but since gamespeed is tied to frame-rate, going over 30 is useless in Ico so it doesn't really matter. For SoTC i don't recommend setting vblank above 120hz, as when you go over 60fps the cutscenes are faster.

Screenshots and logs below are from puffledude who finished SoTC and played a bit of Ico (it's already been confirmed playable).
This post was last modified: 01-29-2020, 03:47 PM by Asinine.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   logs.7z (Size: 213.76 KB / Downloads: 11)