Trying to get it running.
Started by Simon

1 posts in this topic
Simon

9 posts 7 threads Joined: Dec 2017
12-03-2017, 03:01 PM -
Hello,
I have a powerful PC running Windows 10 Home Edition with a GTX1080 Ti Graphics Card, 16GB RAM so the specs are suitable.
I own about 10 PS3 games which are compatible. I've read the Quickstart guide, installed the patcher and 3k3y, ripped iso's from a couple of my discs and patched them with the ird files.
The problem is the next step with 3k3y. I try ISO TOOLS/ ISO>Extract ISO but it fails. This is what I see:

14:14: No key data, please load your 3Dump.bin
14:14: Using default public key
14:14: System.IO.FileLoadException: Invalid file type
at IsoTools.Streams.IsoToolsStream..ctor(String path, Boolean calculateHash)
at IsoTools.IsoCryptoClass.AnalyseISO(String fileName)
14:14: This is not a valid PS3 disc.
14:54: System.IO.FileLoadException: Invalid file type
14:54: This is not a valid PS3 disc.

I will add that the iso of the game I'm trying to run (Tekken Tag Tournament 2, BLJS10187) is named PS3VOLUME

Help would be very much appreciated. Have been unable to run anything.

(12-03-2017, 03:01 PM)Simon Wrote: Hello,
I have a powerful PC running Windows 10 Home Edition with a GTX1080 Ti Graphics Card, 16GB RAM so the specs are suitable.
I own about 10 PS3 games which are compatible. I've read the Quickstart guide, installed the  patcher and 3k3y, ripped iso's from a couple of my discs and patched them with the ird files.
The problem is the next step with 3k3y. I try ISO TOOLS/ ISO>Extract ISO but it fails. This is what I see:

I will add that the iso of the game I'm trying to run (Tekken Tag Tournament 2, BLJS10187) is named PS3VOLUME

UPDATE: I've run Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

The problem was that ImgBurn was making bad isos from my discs. I read online that it doesn't work with PS3 games and

that I should use IsoBuster (freeware). I did, and the first rip with it was accepted by 3k3y.

This post was last modified: 12-04-2017, 02:20 PM by Simon.
biker71

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Mar 2018
03-27-2018, 09:34 PM -
I had this exact same problem: Iso images created with IsoBuster were accepted by the 3k3y tool, and images created with ImgBurn were not.

The problem was that I compared the images created with the two programs, and they were identical byte for byte... Not surprisingly. There are not that many ways of dumping an ISO 9660 file system to an iso file.

So I found out that the problem is that the 3k3y tool ONLY accepts iso images, when the file name extension is lower case iso, and ImgBurn created image files with upper case ISO extension by default.

There is nothing wrong with the iso images created by ImgBurn, or, I'm beginning to suspect, any other iso dumping tool :-)

I own about 10 PS3 games which are compatible. I've read the Quickstart guide, installed the  patcher and 3k3y, ripped iso's from a couple of my discs and patched them with the ird files.

UPDATE: I've run Tekken Tag Tournament 2.

The problem was that ImgBurn was making bad isos from my discs. I read online that it doesn't work with PS3 games and

that I should use IsoBuster (freeware). I did, and the first rip with it was accepted by 3k3y.