Locked Folder while playing Demon's Souls
Started by Eternal Nepatuna

2 posts in this topic
Eternal Nepatuna

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2017
Bug  11-24-2017, 07:42 AM -
So far while playing Demon's Souls I have had to relocate the emulator more than 4 times due to locked folders. When the folder usually gets locked the emulator get a purple line of text and the program will not load anymore after that. I can't get a log file as of the creation of this thread.

Intel 7th Gen i7 6700
Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 GB Vram
16GB DDR4 RAM
Windows 10 Home
Most recent Nvidia driver as of this thread 388.31

I will try to get a log but 90% chance I will have to use bleachbit to remove the folder due to it locking.

(edit) Got the folder unlocked but no log exists yet. I will keep trying to figure out why it locks but let me know if any of you have an idea

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
11-24-2017, 08:08 PM -
I assume the locked folder means there's a process using some file inside the folder, which would be rpcs3.exe

When rpcs3 crashes, sometimes the process stays alive in the background (it's a bug). You have to go to task manager and forcibly terminate it.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Eternal Nepatuna

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2017
11-24-2017, 08:26 PM -
(11-24-2017, 08:08 PM)Ani Wrote: I assume the locked folder means there's a process using some file inside the folder, which would be rpcs3.exe

When rpcs3 crashes, sometimes the process stays alive in the background (it's a bug). You have to go to task manager and forcibly terminate it.

Thanks for the insight.
At least twice to date the folder stays locked even after I take down the processes for the emulator and sometimes it goes back to normal. As for the renderer issue when it does crash, it happens with both vulcan and opengl, any setting I try and the same for both decoders.

I will try to force crash since it happens too easily in areas of extreme lag like area
1.1 or 3.2 of Demon's Souls. Sometimes it says it is a runtime error and can't write to disk which is why it causes it sometimes but other times the live log for the emulator while it is running shows a mass of red (which I "think") and yellow text.

I will try to get the purple line of text to show you at another date since I don't want to force it and lose my progress again.

This is only one of the 5 types of purple errors I get when the game crashes. This one doesn't break the emulator or the game so I can continue playing by restarting the emulator.

I got that purple error that breaks my emulator
This post was last modified: 11-24-2017, 11:09 PM by Eternal Nepatuna.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)