Crash while loading firmware
Started by fergusmacfurkin

0 posts in this topic
fergusmacfurkin

1 posts 1 threads Joined: Nov 2017
11-04-2017, 01:45 AM -
Every time I try to load Firmware RPCS3 crashes, usually before I can even pick the .pup file.  I've tried a couple different builds of RPCS3 and they all have the same issue. I've downloaded and install the recommended c++ and directX redists.  I've played with the config as well to see if that changes anything but nothing has made it better.  (ie PPU recompiler)

I'm running windows 10 on an Intel® Core ™ i7-4720HQ @2.60 GHz. 
16GB RAM.
GeForce GTX 970M graphics card. 
Yes, it's a laptop. AlienWare15.

The files included are as follows:
Crash.log - Was RPCS3.log I renamed it since it showed *something* TTY.log was empty. I had just twiddled the config some to try and get a different result
RPCS3.log - what I usually get and the latest log.
TTY.log - the matched log to RPCS3.log
Screen.png - Screen shot of the crash window I sometimes get. It's about 50/50 that it doesn't just close down.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

(11-04-2017, 01:45 AM)fergusmacfurkin Wrote: Every time I try to load Firmware RPCS3 crashes, usually before I can even pick the .pup file.  I've tried a couple different builds of RPCS3 and they all have the same issue. I've downloaded and install the recommended c++ and directX redists.  I've played with the config as well to see if that changes anything but nothing has made it better.  (ie PPU recompiler)

I'm running windows 10 on an Intel® Core ™ i7-4720HQ @2.60 GHz. 
16GB RAM.
GeForce GTX 970M graphics card. 
Yes, it's a laptop. AlienWare15.

The files included are as follows:
Crash.log - Was RPCS3.log I renamed it since it showed *something* TTY.log was empty. I had just twiddled the config some to try and get a different result
RPCS3.log - what I usually get and the latest log.
TTY.log - the matched log to RPCS3.log
Screen.png - Screen shot of the crash window I sometimes get. It's about 50/50 that it doesn't just close down.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

Update:  it appears to be crashing when opening the file selection window. It does the same crash when trying to select a game SELF/ELF. I've managed to squeak in firmware, mainly by luck and have booted up DeS through the command prompt. As long as the selection window doesn't open everything works fine.
This post was last modified: 11-04-2017, 10:56 PM by fergusmacfurkin.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.7z   PS3 EMU.7z (Size: 39.47 KB / Downloads: 0)