ChipsDotMp4

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2021
04-18-2021, 09:59 AM -
Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX 2070 Super
32gb 3600mhz

Rpcs3 0.0.15-12115

Able to complete a nine inning game with the following caveats:
1. I tried messing around with different settings, but no matter what most facial textures wouldn't load and would just be plain white. (This was in "road to the show" tryout games.)
2. "Write Color Buffers" was a necessary setting for me, otherwise the lighting would be way too bright.
3. As another user mentioned, fans and bleachers are glitchy and move around a lot.

Luckily though, these issues are purely visual and don't really affect how the game runs. With resolution scale set to match my monitor (2560x1440) I was getting 60fps while batting and around 45 fps while fielding. Decent!
affablePeafowl

3 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2022
09-04-2023, 10:13 PM -
RPCS3 Version: 0.0.29-15590-6bc7d7c6 Alpha | master
Hardware: Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660 Super, 16GB RAM (2x 8GB DDR4-3200)

100% playable. My modest six-core R5 3600 runs the game at a smooth & stable 60 FPS. I'm entering my third season in Road to the Show mode with a starting pitcher, and I haven't had any issues besides the trivial visual bugs that have plagued the series, and even they've noticeably improved across recent updates to RPCS3. There are still occasional visual bugs like the grey mis-rendered texture seen in the first in-game screenshot below (TEX @ TOR) and, most commonly, the notorious "fans rendering in the sky & on the pitcher's mound" bug, seen in the same screenshot.

But I've been pleasantly surprised that the mis-rendered fans randomly won't show up in certain matches/innings; as the second in-game screenshot (CHC @ TEX) shows, I had no visual bugs at all beyond occasional skybox flickering. I don't really notice the fans on the mound anymore, so it's possible they've been absent for a match/inning before the most current build of RPCS3, but this was the first time I've noticed.

The issue with facial textures either not rendering at all on player models, causing them to render stark white like Casper the Friendly Ghost as the previous poster mentioned, or else mis-rendering and giving players a deformed appearance, seems entirely eliminated.

Even though the remaining minor visual bugs persist, I got used to them quickly, and they've been progressively reduced by updates to the point that I don't even notice them at this point.

There are two config changes I would recommend for most players, the first to mitigate some of the visual issues and the second for stability. One, enabling Write Color Buffers under the GPU tab has traditionally helped with the minor texture issues that the MLB The Show series is known for, and likewise, it seems to help in MLB The Show 16. Two, in older builds, the game was prone to random crashes, but setting RSX FIFO Accuracy (under the Advanced tab) to Atomic has completely eliminated these crashes, and I haven't experienced any crashes since this feature was introduced many builds ago.

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 1.59 MB / Downloads: 6)