usability - freezes - patreonize
Started by wHoCaReS

2 posts in this topic
wHoCaReS

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2023
09-10-2023, 05:28 PM -
first of all, thank your for your commitment and your efforts building this great emulator!

although, since i've been playing a lot of emu's from the first megadrive/snes/neogeo and model2/model3/cps3 to the wii/ps2 with all their flaws and workarounds, i never experienced so many freezes and crashes like with your ps3 - emulator.

i've been checking top spin 3 & 4, NHL2K10 and NHL2012 on a i7-6700HQ with nvidia gt980m 16 GB with vulkan and opengl - backend.

i haven't played any of these games longer than 15 minutes without a freeze of the whole emulator and afterwards having to kill the process by task manager. i've tested your actual release on win 10 and ubuntu 20 with up-to-date drivers. on linux i couldn't even manage to start or play these games with the opengl backend. i've tried all of the workarounds available on the web, and of course the wake-up-delay-settings with almost no recognizable effect. mostly all of the constant freezes are logged with "rsx thread too sleepy".

so, considering to patreonize your project i am just asking. regarding these major problems can this emulator truly be regarded as "stable" and playable? seems not stable to me at this point. and at last - is there a roadmap tackling the freezing issues to a playable / stable - version of your emulator?
Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-10-2023, 10:13 PM -
Your CPU is far below recommended requirements for laptops. Games are considered Playable targeting the recommended requirements, anything below that is not guaranteed to have a Playable experience.
That being said, if you have issues with a specific game, you can still submit a support request.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
wHoCaReS

8 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2023
09-11-2023, 10:25 AM -
(09-10-2023, 10:13 PM)Ani Wrote: Your CPU is far below recommended requirements for laptops. Games are considered Playable targeting the recommended requirements, anything below that is not guaranteed to have a Playable experience.
That being said, if you have issues with a specific game, you can still submit a support request.

allright, thanks for your reply! my fault - i didn't check the sys-reqs first. 

nevertheless the mentioned games run considerably well between 50-60 fps on windows and apart from the constant freezing of the emulator they are well playable until then. after i had time to check the linux version more closely, it seems to be a lot more stable although the performance is a little weaker (5-8 frames). with the mentioned games it is still playable and less to no freezing.

since there is no other option to play these games on pc it is pretty cool to run them on your emulator, so thanks againg for your amazing work! Heart