[$15 Bounty] Getting this RPCS3 save to work on my CFW PS3
Started by RedPaperMoon

5 posts in this topic
RedPaperMoon

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-02-2017, 05:44 AM -
Hello,

I made a post on the RPCS3 subreddit but thought I'd give the forums a shot. I just recently got ahold of a CFW PS3 and wanted to use my Persona 5 save created using RPCS3 that has over 60+ hours in the game. When I put the save on a USB flash drive the save shows up as corrupt and when attempting to encrypt it using Save Resigner or Bruteforce it still shows up as corrupt. If this is against the rules I apologize and even if someone isn't able to get the save working for my CFW PS3 I'll throw the $15 towards the RPCS3 devs. I do appreciate the emulator and I'm glad I was able to play as far as I did with it. Below is what I've already tried copy pasted from the subreddit post.

Quote:I've looked at the wiki to see how the files are structured. I originally attempted to use programs like Save Resigner and Bruteforce in order to encrypt the save file but the save always shows up as corrupted. (I'm using the PARAM.SFD from a save generated on the PS3 to encrypt the RPCS3 created save file. Other attempts include injecting the save file directly into the console via FTP, comparing the decrypted/encrypted files using a hex editor, etc.) Each time the save data is corrupted so I'm more inclined to think that RPCS3 handles the save files in a different manner than that of an actual PS3.
This post was last modified: 09-02-2017, 04:18 PM by RedPaperMoon.

Attached Files
.rar   NPUB31848-00--001--.rar (Size: 38.96 KB / Downloads: 8)
RedPaperMoon

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-14-2017, 03:51 PM -
I'm happy to say that the bounty has been claimed by Nezarn. He was able to get my Persona 5 RPCS3 generated save to work on my PS3 and definitely deserves the $15. Later today I plan on donating an additional $15 to the RPCS3 team. Thanks again Nezarn and a big thanks to the RPCS3 team for letting me play Persona 5 before I could grab a PS3.
Junkie76

3 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2017
09-26-2017, 06:38 PM -
Ops, I opened a similar thread for the same problem(still in moderation, I suppose...), so I write here, can I convert a save RPCS3 to the PS3? 
PS: sorry, I did a search but did not work...
voidprophet0

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2018
01-03-2018, 09:03 AM -
Hello, I'd like to ask how you guys managed to make it work on a cfw ps3. I was planning on doing the same thing with my P5 rpcs3 save file but, to no luck, I just can't get it to work.

I had the same situation with your reddit post (one .dat and two .neo files) but my rpcs3 save had nine .dat files after decryption.
lumo93

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2018
01-17-2018, 06:22 AM -
I'd also like to know how this was done. You never mentioned it, I think the world should know Tongue
REGRETTER

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2018
01-20-2018, 01:19 AM -
Same problem has you guys but my save game are all legit and all app "brute force etc...." wont work . RCPS3 GODS PLZ HELP US