Armored Core: For Answer [BLUS30187]
Started by KarotConCarne

39 posts in this topic
Omega

13 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2018
10-15-2019, 08:52 AM -
(08-16-2019, 08:22 PM)makotech222 Wrote: Would like to report this game is now fully playable. I was able to finish it from start to finish without a single crash.

rpcs3-v0.0.6-7983d460_win64
ARMORED CORE for Answer [BLUS30187]

Only remaining small issue is that ingame, the player's AC has weird texture artifacts, as seen in screenshot. Otherwise, plays at > full speed without vsync.
Can you see if Armored core 4 has been fixed? I do not know any settings to fix this. From what i have heard AC4 and FA are basically the same game. Maybe its fixed with your current settings? I am not able to use certain settings, such as TSX.
Saxon

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2020
01-09-2020, 04:13 AM -
Messed around with the GPU settings, turns out the texture artifacts on the players AC are fixed by enabling the Write Color Buffers. Haven't had time to test the game fully with this setting yet.

[Image: m7jRaKo.png]
Rustler One

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2018
03-03-2020, 06:14 PM -
For reference:
RPCS3 Version: 0.0.9-9806-01db83bc Alpha
Hardware: 2x Xeon X5675 at 4.12ghz, R9 280x, 48gb ddr3

Recently saw that this was working now so I wanted to try it, and really wanted to play the game again. This is my first time using this emulator, don't know my way around a lot of the settings and what they do, so sorry in advance lol. Got through a full playthrough with little issue, fps drops here and there, some missions had low fps overall, but some of it could be the game itself since I remember regulation 1.40 had issues like that on the ps3. Besides that after about 3 hours (twice) I had to restart the game cause menus would start lagging. That could be because of the 3gb of vram on this gpu though, I noticed that as I played and went through more missions the vram usage would stay higher, might not be an issue for a better gpu. A few other things like weird artifacts when buildings or stuff were destroyed sometimes, and the sky has some artifacts. Another thing I noticed was in the mission ''Defend Arteria Carpals'' the sun would flicker (could be because of the sky thing, no idea), was mostly noticeable in the beginning of the mission, moving the camera a bit down fixes it, and once you're in the fight it's not really an issue. Most of my settings are the defaults, again I don't really know what a lot of them do, but I had vsync on. I also have to use Vulcan, OpenGL doesn't work right for me. The game will start, can hear the audio, but no video. Not sure if that's specific to my gpu. And as the others here, AC textures also don't work right. Turning on write color buffers and read color buffers in the advanced tab kinda fixes it, but will crash for me after a few matches or missions. This doesn't completely fix it either, sometimes there will still be some artifacts on the AC, but not as bad. Also causes a noticeable loss in fps, and some weird stuttering. Only enabling write color buffers causes it to crash on any load screen to test area, matches, or missions for me. So yeah, this is my experience with it so far, the issues weren't too bad considering I got through the game. Glad for all the work that's been put into the emulator and that the game actually is playable now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

digitaldude
RPCS3 Tester

3,031 posts 559 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-05-2020, 12:02 PM -
(03-03-2020, 06:14 PM)Rustler One Wrote: For reference:
RPCS3 Version: 0.0.9-9806-01db83bc Alpha
Hardware: 2x Xeon X5675 at 4.12ghz, R9 280x, 48gb ddr3

Recently saw that this was working now so I wanted to try it, and really wanted to play the game again. This is my first time using this emulator, don't know my way around a lot of the settings and what they do, so sorry in advance lol. Got through a full playthrough with little issue, fps drops here and there, some missions had low fps overall, but some of it could be the game itself since I remember regulation 1.40 had issues like that on the ps3. Besides that after about 3 hours (twice) I had to restart the game cause menus would start lagging. That could be because of the 3gb of vram on this gpu though, I noticed that as I played and went through more missions the vram usage would stay higher, might not be an issue for a better gpu. A few other things like weird artifacts when buildings or stuff were destroyed sometimes, and the sky has some artifacts. Another thing I noticed was in the mission ''Defend Arteria Carpals'' the sun would flicker (could be because of the sky thing, no idea), was mostly noticeable in the beginning of the mission, moving the camera a bit down fixes it, and once you're in the fight it's not really an issue. Most of my settings are the defaults, again I don't really know what a lot of them do, but I had vsync on. I also have to use Vulcan, OpenGL doesn't work right for me. The game will start, can hear the audio, but no video. Not sure if that's specific to my gpu. And as the others here, AC textures also don't work right. Turning on write color buffers and read color buffers in the advanced tab kinda fixes it, but will crash for me after a few matches or missions. This doesn't completely fix it either, sometimes there will still be some artifacts on the AC, but not as bad. Also causes a noticeable loss in fps, and some weird stuttering. Only enabling write color buffers causes it to crash on any load screen to test area, matches, or missions for me. So yeah, this is my experience with it so far, the issues weren't too bad considering I got through the game. Glad for all the work that's been put into the emulator and that the game actually is playable now.
Needs log file.
UndeadChili

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2020
04-01-2020, 05:27 PM -
Alright I made an account just for this in case anyone else like me is looking for answers on how to get this fucking game to work. So to get the game running and actually completely playable from what I can tell with no real issues is actually p simple. You're gonna want to have the Default Settings, then turn on -Load automatic and manual selection- in the Advanced tab and cap your fps to 60 or the game gets a bit wacky. Then boot up the game and notice that the AC model is a bit jank, that's fine it's gonna be fixed before you know it. Complete the tutorial and save. Now close the game and turn on -Write Color Buffers- in the GPU tab and start that bad boy back up. If you don't do it in that order the game will crash when you finish the tutorial. Congratulations you have a fully working vido gam. The fps does dip at points when there's a fuck ton of shit on the screen but not to unplayable levels, like ~20fps, and that's just because fromsoft bad at making game run good. Hopefully this shit works for you too, and feel free to ask me whatever.

:Update: I had my friend follow my guide and it worked flawlessly for him, also he has better specs than I do and the game ran at a solid 60fps with no dips.
This post was last modified: 04-03-2020, 11:24 AM by UndeadChili.
Omega

13 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2018
05-22-2020, 10:53 AM -
Can anyone test ACFA with the update? Update 1.35 is available. 

https://ps3packages.herokuapp.com/id/BLUS30187

*Only if the update hasn't been downloaded.
This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 10:53 AM by Omega.
finetundra

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2020
05-22-2020, 11:09 AM -
(05-22-2020, 10:53 AM)Omega Wrote: Can anyone test ACFA with the update? Update 1.35 is available. 

https://ps3packages.herokuapp.com/id/BLUS30187

*Only if the update hasn't been downloaded.

Update 1.35 should work fine. Last check I did was with RPCS3 build 0.0.9-10120-e7d5d17f_linux64. Will check with newer later today.

Update: Tried with RPCS3 build 0.0.10-10413-7080305d_linux64, works as well as the one I mentioned above. I should say, I am not presently using the texture bug work around that is posted further up in the thread.
This post was last modified: 05-22-2020, 02:04 PM by finetundra.
eyeeye

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2020
05-24-2020, 09:37 AM -
I use RPCS3 Version: 0.0.10-10424-bd41a108 Alpha with ACFA (BLUS30187) 1.35 everything work fine only issue is mesh on my AC textures but everytime I enable Write Color Buffers game always crash when try to begin mission, I try UndeadChili method but it only work on first mission. May I see anyone setting how to get it work? and sorry for my bad english skill.
likethewind

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2020
10-23-2020, 08:02 AM -
(05-24-2020, 09:37 AM)eyeeye Wrote: I use RPCS3 Version: 0.0.10-10424-bd41a108 Alpha with ACFA (BLUS30187) 1.35 everything work fine only issue is mesh on my AC textures  but everytime I enable Write Color Buffers game always crash when try to begin mission, I try UndeadChili method but it only work on first mission. May I see anyone setting how to get it work? and sorry for my bad english skill.

To me it seems that whenever the mission involves any enemy NEXT , the game will always crash at the loading screen if you turn on Write Color Buffers. Order match always crashes with Write Color Buffers on. (ally NEXT without enemy NEXT mission - no issue with Write Color Buffer on)
DementedSnake

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2020
11-16-2020, 09:47 AM -
(10-23-2020, 08:02 AM)likethewind Wrote:
(05-24-2020, 09:37 AM)eyeeye Wrote: I use RPCS3 Version: 0.0.10-10424-bd41a108 Alpha with ACFA (BLUS30187) 1.35 everything work fine only issue is mesh on my AC textures  but everytime I enable Write Color Buffers game always crash when try to begin mission, I try UndeadChili method but it only work on first mission. May I see anyone setting how to get it work? and sorry for my bad english skill.

To me it seems that whenever the mission involves any enemy NEXT , the game will always crash at the loading screen if you turn on Write Color Buffers. Order match always crashes with Write Color Buffers on. (ally NEXT without enemy NEXT mission - no issue with Write Color Buffer on)

I am very happy to say that I discovered the fix for this! Big Grin You need to enable BOTH of these options.

Configuration > GPU > Additional Settings > Write Color Buffer
Configuration > Advanced > GPU > Read Color Buffers

Doing this, my mech doesn't have any missing graphics, and playing a match with a NEXT in it doesn't crash the game due to a write access error.