34 posts in this topic
Etokapa
Unregistered

07-04-2017, 02:17 AM -

Game: E.X. Troopers (?????????) [BLJM60528]
RPCS3 Version: 0.0.2-5-5089-99dea21 Alpha | 03 July, 2017 | FW 04.81
Specs: i7-4770 | GTX 1080 | 24GB DDR3 | Windows 10 x64
Core: Automatically load required libraries
Graphics: 1280x720 | 16:9 | Frame limit Off | Bind SPU Threads | Lower SPU Thread Prioirty | Write Color Buffers
Audio: XAudio2
Input/Output: XInput (Using an official PS3 controller with SCPToolkit drivers)
See Also: E.X. Troopers [NPJB00235], E.X. Troopers Demo [NPHB00522], E.X. Troopers Demo [NPJB90534].

Tested on 1 combination of the Renderer, PPU, and SPU configurations. The game creates a save file on startup. If you start the emulator again after the save file is made, you must delete it first for RPCS3 to continue. The game freezes during combat in tutorial due to Pull #2083, otherwise it's Playable.

OPENGL
V+Rec(LLVM)+Rec(ASMJIT): Ingame. AVG 22 FPS during main gameplay. Minor visual glitches and minor audio issues.
Etokapa
Unregistered

07-26-2017, 02:03 AM -
Build: rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-07-26-80b647d0 | FW 4.81
Specs: i7-4770 | GTX 1080 | 24GB DDR3 | Windows 10 x64
Core: Automatically load required libraries
Graphics: 1280x720 | 16:9 | Frame limit Off | Bind SPU Threads | Lower SPU Thread Priority | Write Color Buffers
Audio: XAudio2
See Also: E.X. Troopers [NPJB00235], E.X. Troopers Demo [NPHB00522], E.X. Troopers Demo [NPJB90534].

Tested on 2 combinations of the Renderer, PPU, and SPU configurations. Another month of RPCS3 progress and it's a major improvement! Almost twice the FPS in missions, the save bug has been fixed, and the game no longer freezes and crashes during tutorial combat! There are some minor visual issues, mainly in Menu screens, but overall runs well enough during missions! Thank you RPCS3 Team!

VULKAN
V+Int(f)+Rec(ASMJIT): Ingame. 35-60FPS. Game froze with MEM: Access violation reading location 0x4
V+Rec(LLVM)+Rec(ASMJIT): Playable. 12FPS-22FPS in Lobby area. 25-60FPS during gameplay.

mickeyindahouse
Unregistered

08-06-2017, 02:49 PM -
The game freezes with a white screen ( tried all settings ) after the cutscene with a girl almost dying after the first possibility to save the game ( after 25 min. into the game approx. ) and having some spiders killed for the first time, probably at the start of the second chapter or prologue of the game. ( Can't speak Japanese but the gameplay is nice ) Before that gameplay and cutscenes are very playable but then it stops suddenly.
Etokapa
Unregistered

08-06-2017, 07:18 PM -
Build: rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-08-06-a0c7ab64_win64 | FW 4.81
CPU: Automatically load required libraries | Bind SPU threads to secondary cores | Lower SPU thread priority | Enable SPU loop detection | Preferred SPU Threads: Auto
GPU: 1280x720 | 16:9 | Frame limit Off | Write Color Buffers | Invalidate Cache Every Frame | Use GPU texture scaling
Audio: XAudio2 | Downmix to Stereo

Tested on V+Int(f)+Rec(ASMJIT) configuration. Playable.
AVG 135 FPS on logo screens. 80 FPS on Main Menu. 35-60FPS during Prologue flying mission. 40FPS during tutorial prologue mission. 7-29FPS in Advance Base. Minor graphic issues with textures shimmering, and menu backgrounds showing up as black.
mickeyindahouse
Unregistered

08-07-2017, 10:32 AM -
Thanx for replying. I don't consider this playable tho when it's crashing at the second mission right after the long cut scene. Can you get past it? It's beyond the youtube video you posted.
Etokapa
Unregistered

08-07-2017, 11:47 PM -
(08-07-2017, 10:32 AM)mickeyindahouse Wrote: Thanx for replying. I don't consider this playable tho when it's crashing at the second mission right after the long cut scene. Can you get past it? It's beyond the youtube video you posted.
Hmm, I just tried it again running the same settings and build as the post above and I think I see the problem you're having. I normally skip through the cutscenes which is why I didn't see it. The emulator seems to not be loading certain files necessary to continue and that's why it's getting stuck.

After the pink haired character (Bren) gets attacked by the large enemy, two pre-rendered cutscenes are supposed to play, one showing him getting rescued, and the second one that happens at night with the blue haired girl (TeeKee). Oddly, the video does freeze, but the game is still running because the controller vibrates during certain parts where it would be synchronized with the video.

I'll check back next month to see if there's any changes. As a workaround, you can either press Start, Down, and Circle during pre-rendered cutscenes to skip them, or delete/move the 'movie' folder from the files and the game will simply skip to to the next part of the game, which in this case would be the hub area, Advance Base.
mickeyindahouse
Unregistered

08-11-2017, 12:38 AM -
(08-07-2017, 11:47 PM)Etokapa Wrote: Hmm, I just tried it again running the same settings and build as the post above and I think I see the problem you're having. I normally skip through the cutscenes which is why I didn't see it. The emulator seems to not be loading certain files necessary to continue and that's why it's getting stuck.

After the pink haired character (Bren) gets attacked by the large enemy, two pre-rendered cutscenes are supposed to play, one showing him getting rescued, and the second one that happens at night with the blue haired girl (TeeKee). Oddly, the video does freeze, but the game is still running because the controller vibrates during certain parts where it would be synchronized with the video.

I'll check back next month to see if there's any changes. As a workaround, you can either press Start, Down, and Circle during pre-rendered cutscenes to skip them, or delete/move the 'movie' folder from the files and the game will simply skip to to the next part of the game, which in this case would be the hub area, Advance Base.

Thank you so much for checking this for me! Sry for replying a bit late but i was too busy unfortunately. I just made a video of it but now i see you're getting stuck as well at the same place, so it's not my cpu luckily :-) Didn't notice the vibration on the controller as i don't have a compatible one. I'm looking forward to a build which plays this game really fine cuz i like this style of games of capcom very much. Well i'll post the video anyway so you can see skipping doesn't work with me. I'm always getting a white screen after skipping the videos around these cut-scenes and always at one scene where i can't continue whatever i do. Before this part of the game skipping videos worked fine but here i'm out of luck. But deleting the corresponding videos is a marvellous idea which i gonna check out right now!

Edit: Neither removing the corresponding video file nor making a dummy file of it worked unfortunately. So this should be removed to in-game i think like the other version.
[yt]_bkTGRihAyM[/yt]
mickeyindahouse

9 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2017
10-04-2017, 05:19 PM -
I was waiting for the improvement of this particular game but in the latest version of rpcs3 it does nothing anymore unfortunately in whatever setting i use. It not even displays the frame rate. Just a white screen with nothing. So it went from in-game ( imo it was in the wrong category ) to nothing. I hope this will be fixed in an upcoming version. Might be a problem on my end tho but i don't think so.
Etokapa

55 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2018
Sad  01-28-2018, 05:34 AM -
Build: rpcs3-v0.0.4-2018-01-27-a27e2db4_win64
CPU: Automatically load required libraries | Enable thread scheduler | Lower SPU thread priority | Enable SPU loop detection | Hook static functions | Preferred SPU Threads: Auto
GPU: 1280x720 | 16:9 | Frame limit Auto | Write Color Buffers | Invalidate Cache Every Frame | Use GPU texture scaling
Audio: XAudio2 | Downmix to Stereo

VULKAN
V+Rec(LLVM)+Rec(ASMJIT): Loadable. Stuck on E {rsx::thread} RSX: NV3089_IMAGE_IN_SIZE: Invalid blit dimensions passed.

Sadly, the disc version of E.X. Troopers does not work in the emulator anymore. For anyone interested in playing it, use the PSN version or use the last working build. After testing a lot of builds, I've narrowed it down to this:

Works:
PR #3437 | scribam | rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-09-12-01ffaab3_win64 | 0.0.3-6216

Breaks:
PR #3454 | Nekotekina | rpcs3-v0.0.3-2017-09-19-5c93acef_win64 | 0.0.3-6220

Hopefully this can be fixed in the future, because the PSN version runs smoothly on the most recent builds of RPCS3.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 92.58 KB / Downloads: 1)
Etokapa

55 posts 16 threads Joined: Jan 2018
02-24-2018, 04:35 PM -
Build: rpcs3-v0.0.5-6460-dc55d5be_win64.7z

RIP E.X. Troopers.
This post was last modified: 02-24-2018, 04:38 PM by Etokapa.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 94.34 KB / Downloads: 3)