Rock Band 3 [BLUS30463]
Started by GrantKane

46 posts in this topic
Kramerika

6 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2021
09-06-2021, 12:56 AM -
(03-29-2021, 06:36 PM)Kramerika Wrote: #4  Drums
- Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with Xbox midi pro adapter only work properly if set as Xinput Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work
- Alesis Nitro e-drums connected with PS3 midi pro adapter only work properly if set as MMJoystick Guitar Hero drums, Rock Band drums and pro drums do not work

I just tested this again.  I can get Pro Drums to work if I set the Xbox 360 midi pro adapter as Xinput with the Drums as Rock Band Pro drums.  However, the yellow and blue cymbals seem to hit the green cymbal at the same time.  The green cymbal works fine on its own.  I can only get the PS3 midi adapter to work with it if I set it to MMJoystick and then Drums and Guitar Hero, but I have to remap drums and can't get pro drums.
Kramerika

10-09-2021, 12:49 AM -
Does anyone know how to get a PS4 Rock Band guitar to work in RPCS3? I have it working in Windows as a controller with a bluetooth adapter on my PC. It gets recognized as a joystick using MMJoystick. I set it to a Guitar and Rock Band. However, when I try to assign the buttons, it does not work. It sets all buttons to "U-". I tested the guitar in PCSX2 for comparison, and it works fine there to assign the buttons.
yurinator557
RPCS3 Tester

356 posts 44 threads Joined: Jul 2019
10-09-2021, 06:23 AM -
(10-09-2021, 12:49 AM)Kramerika Wrote: Does anyone know how to get a PS4 Rock Band guitar to work in RPCS3?  I have it working in Windows as a controller with a bluetooth adapter on my PC.  It gets recognized as a joystick using MMJoystick.  I set it to a Guitar and Rock Band.  However, when I try to assign the buttons, it does not work.  It sets all buttons to "U-".  I tested the guitar in PCSX2 for comparison, and it works fine there to assign the buttons.

Press Filter Noise before trying to bind the buttons
Kramerika

10-11-2021, 02:28 PM -
Thanks!  That worked.  The only issues now are:

#1  Effects switch does not work
#2  Whammy bar does not work
#3  Tilt does not work, but I can hit the select button to activate overdrive
#4  Is there a way to set a gamepad profile when you are using a custom gamepad configuration for a specific game?  It is grayed out for me.  I can create and set gamepad profiles in the global gamepad settings, but I would like to make these specific to Rock Band since I would rather not have to switch them on an off depending on the game that I am playing.  Basically, if I want to use different device classes across multiple controllers for a game (such as guitar, drums, standard controller), I need to use the profiles, but the game custom gamepad configuration does not allow this from what I can see.  It makes one profile with one device specific to the game which applies to all of the controllers.
This post was last modified: 10-11-2021, 02:31 PM by Kramerika.
Kramerika

10-24-2021, 03:33 AM -
After some fooling around, I was able to get the drums/cymbals working by using the keyboard and antimicro as somzera699 suggested. I am using the Xbox 360 midi pro adapter with an Alesis Nitro e-kit. I was also able to get a PS3 Rock Band 3 guitar working through the dongle and a PS4 Rock Band 4 guitar working through a bluetooth adapter. I also have one microphone working. I can get all of these instruments working properly together.

Even though I have multiple USB microphones that all get recognized by Windows and RCPS3, I cannot get more than one microphone to work in the game in order to do harmonies. I also am unable to get a PS3 keyboard working using the dongle although it does recognize the gamepad and buttons, just not the keys. I am going to get a midi to USB adapter and attempt to use MidiKey2Key software to get the keys working, but I am skeptical that the game will recognize it as a keyboard without a device class for it.
scott0852

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2022
03-25-2022, 12:23 AM -
Since nobody seems to have mentioned it and people don't seem to be aware of it, you don't need to use external programs to bind every single cymbal to also hit R3. When you hit a cymbal it actually presses another button (the cymbal modifier), you just need to map that button to R3. You'll need to manually map it by opening the input config in a text editor as RPCS3's input mapping will always prioritize mapping the button that corresponds to the cymbal's color. The drum pads have a modifier as well, just like the cymbals, which is L3. You need to map this for drum pad navigation to work.
PUNKSTER93

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2022
08-18-2022, 05:36 AM -
Hi all,

Ive just bought an e-drum kit(Roland TD17KVX) that comes with a MIDI-Out port and its set for delivery tomorrow

I’ve purchased the xb360 midi pro adapter and a midi cable, i was wondering how do i make the drums work with rpcs3?

Does the adapter make things easier?
Do i need it at all?

First how do i make rpcs3 recognise my drum as a controller? I heard xinput works thanks to the adapter

Second how do i make the drums for rpcs3 to recognise as a controller input?
(Ex. Snare = Red pad, 3rd cymbal = Green cymbal)

Im aware the cymbal modifier requires R3 to be inputted, how do i do that?

I’ve seen YouTube videos of people claiming to use the adapter but with no tutorials.

Greatly appreciate any assistance which can help others
crono141

08-21-2022, 09:07 PM -
I have found a solution for edrums. See my comment here https://www.reddit.com/r/rpcs3/comments/...t/il4rsxm/

I needed another Xinput controller to make heads or tails out of it.

Basically, the Midi Pro Adapter sends not 1, but 2 inputs per every hit: The colored pad/button input (AXBY) plus a modifier key to tell the game its either getting a tom hit or a cymbal hit. There's no way to map this key with the drums directly though the interface, you have to open up the Windows USB game controller settings that shows you your controller inputs. For mine, it was button 6 (Right Bumper) for for the pad modifier, and button 10 for the cymbal modifier (Right Stick).

Then to get it to work, you need to find the controller config .yml file, open it in notepad, and then assign L3 to Right Stick, and R3 to Right Bumper. Save and reload RPCS3 and pro drums now work as expected.
theoreo

08-23-2022, 03:55 AM -
I would love if the RPCS3 Devs would look into allowing multiple microphones to be able to play Harmonies. Looks like this open GitHub issue has some insight but hasn't been touched in 2 years: 
https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/8209
Sad
This post was last modified: 08-30-2022, 02:41 AM by theoreo.
SkinLab133

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2022
09-06-2022, 04:52 PM -
Is there a way to change which "user" you are in the game? When I connect the drums they show up as "User [3]" in the game, but I want to be User 1. The drums are mapped to Player 1 in the custom game config in rpcs3.