Rock Band 3 [BLUS30463]
Started by GrantKane

46 posts in this topic
brianc613

4 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2023
01-11-2023, 11:55 PM -
Im having a weird issue. my wife and I were playing with 2 guitars last night and today it is still trying to play 2 player (2 guitars players 1 and 3) even though only 1 is plugged in and turned on. the one guitar is controlling both players at the same time. i dont know how to get it to go back to one player.
Rebster

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Feb 2021
01-12-2023, 11:07 AM -
(01-11-2023, 11:55 PM)brianc613 Wrote: Im having a weird issue. my wife and I were playing with 2 guitars last night and today it is still trying to play 2 player (2 guitars players 1 and 3) even though only 1 is plugged in and turned on. the one guitar is controlling both players at the same time. i dont know how to get it to go back to one player.

sometimes when the controller is unplugged it doesn't remove the player, it just set's them both to use the only available device.
To fix it, go into the gamepad settings in RPCS3 and set the player 3 handler to NULL.
brianc613

01-12-2023, 03:03 PM -
(01-12-2023, 11:07 AM)Rebster Wrote:
(01-11-2023, 11:55 PM)brianc613 Wrote: Im having a weird issue. my wife and I were playing with 2 guitars last night and today it is still trying to play 2 player (2 guitars players 1 and 3) even though only 1 is plugged in and turned on. the one guitar is controlling both players at the same time. i dont know how to get it to go back to one player.

sometimes when the controller is unplugged it doesn't remove the player, it just set's them both to use the only available device.
To fix it, go into the gamepad settings in RPCS3 and set the player 3 handler to NULL.

thanks for the suggestion. i went through looking at the game-pad settings in RB3 and only player 1 (wired controller) and player 2 (RB guitar) are configured the rest are set to null. i even went in to custom settings to make sure i didn't set a custom config

on another note i loaded up Lego RB and its doing the same thing and we haven't played 2 player on it so it leads me to believe its a setting somewhere i just gotta find it.
Rebster

01-12-2023, 03:48 PM -
(01-12-2023, 03:03 PM)brianc613 Wrote:

thanks for the suggestion. i went through looking at the game-pad settings in RB3 and only player 1 (wired controller) and player 2 (RB guitar) are configured the rest are set to null. i even went in to custom settings to make sure i didn't set a custom config

on another note i loaded up Lego RB and its doing the same thing and we haven't played 2 player on it so it leads me to believe its a setting somewhere i just gotta find it.

Oh if it's a proper ps3 guitar it might not need any set-up at all.
I noticed that with my PS3 drumkit it just works as long as it's plugged in when I launch the game, even with everything set to NULL.
but if I'd put it in the gamepad configuration it would do double inputs.
So you could try setting your player 2 to NULL as well and see if that works.
brianc613

01-13-2023, 08:09 PM -
(01-12-2023, 03:48 PM)Rebster Wrote:
(01-12-2023, 03:03 PM)brianc613 Wrote:

Oh if it's a proper ps3 guitar it might not need any set-up at all.
I noticed that with my PS3 drumkit it just works as long as it's plugged in when I launch the game, even with everything set to NULL.
but if I'd put it in the gamepad configuration it would do double inputs.
So you could try setting your player 2 to NULL as well and see if that works.

so... update... that was it. i took the player 2 controller config out and it now works as should.. thanks for the suggestion i greatly appreciate it

we need like a common operator error thread.. lol
IgorG94

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2023
02-20-2023, 10:06 PM -
hey, guys!
i've been trying to make a RB3 PS3 keyboard controller work on RPCS3 for weeks but without any success.
i tried with the dongle, with a USB-MIDI cable, nothing works. the game won't recognize that a keyboard is connected or it recognizes it as another instrument.

has anyone been able to make a keyboard like that work?
Rebster

03-28-2023, 10:41 PM -
(02-20-2023, 10:06 PM)IgorG94 Wrote: hey, guys!
i've been trying to make a RB3 PS3 keyboard controller work on RPCS3 for weeks but without any success.
i tried with the dongle, with a USB-MIDI cable, nothing works. the game won't recognize that a keyboard is connected or it recognizes it as another instrument.

has anyone been able to make a keyboard like that work?

Oh sorry for not seeing this earlier.
I don't know if you still need a hand, but you can get the keyboard controller to work by switching the driver it uses from HidUSB to WinUSB.

You can use a program called Zadig to change the drivers, everything you need should be in this guide.
https://wiki.rpcs3.net/index.php?title=H...ccessories

Using this method I've also gotten pro guitar to work through the midi pro-adapter.