Gran Turismo® 6 [BCES01893]
Started by eoiz

91 posts in this topic
StillOutOfMind

4 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2020
05-05-2020, 11:29 PM -
THANK YOU! 
These settings work FLAWlessly, out of the box, even though im using the anniversary edition <3
jcbyn

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2020
05-06-2020, 09:48 AM -
(05-05-2020, 11:29 PM)StillOutOfMind Wrote: THANK YOU! 
These settings work FLAWlessly, out of the box, even though im using the anniversary edition <3
Glad to hear that!  Smile
Bi7hazard

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2020
05-06-2020, 12:11 PM -
I solved the problem of the crash by the emulator when buying the first machine thanks to advice from a user on youtube

it all depends on the 10215 emulator and the game version

with 10215 and 1.00 the game crashes
with 10215 and 1.02 the game doesn't crash! Smile

[Image: JaDlv1.jpg]

ryzen 5 3600
gtx 1660ti
16gb ram 3200mhz
msi b450 tomahawk max
w10 64 pro
StillOutOfMind

05-07-2020, 05:05 PM -
(05-06-2020, 09:48 AM)jcbyn Wrote: Glad to hear that!  Smile
... For a couple of races, that is  Big Grin wouldnt mind having to relaunch the game from time to time (it does run well for at least 5-6 races!), but everytime RPCS3 crashes (or gets manually stopped by me, for that matter...) it seems my Save Game gets corrupted. 
After a crash (=hardlock, all the time, even when i try to close game manually) i have to delete my savegame, otherwise i cant get past the first screen. Pretty annoying. 
Anyone else has this problem and has a solution? Kinda sad, having it running decently now, but not able to have a save file...
jcbyn

05-08-2020, 03:17 PM -
(05-07-2020, 05:05 PM)StillOutOfMind Wrote:
(05-06-2020, 09:48 AM)jcbyn Wrote: Glad to hear that!  Smile
... For a couple of races, that is  Big Grin wouldnt mind having to relaunch the game from time to time (it does run well for at least 5-6 races!), but everytime RPCS3 crashes (or gets manually stopped by me, for that matter...) it seems my Save Game gets corrupted. 
After a crash (=hardlock, all the time, even when i try to close game manually) i have to delete my savegame, otherwise i cant get past the first screen. Pretty annoying. 
Anyone else has this problem and has a solution? Kinda sad, having it running decently now, but not able to have a save file...

OK, try this setting in "Advanced" : Driver Wake-up Delay : 200µs
If it works, I'll update the published settings...
StillOutOfMind

05-10-2020, 05:25 AM -
(05-08-2020, 03:17 PM)jcbyn Wrote: If it works, I'll update the published settings...

ok, random hardlocks are not quite as frequent as before, but still regular - though I can at least restart the game without having to delete my save file, like in the master version.
It's not always hardlocking, and when i can read the log before the lock it's usually "Working buffer not big enough".

I can reproduce the crash on certain tracks, funnily - for exampe the first race in the novice championship (brands hatch), after the first grid screen, while compiling shaders. Oddly if I run Brands hatch outside the championship, it runs just fine...
jcbyn

05-10-2020, 10:24 AM -
(05-10-2020, 05:25 AM)StillOutOfMind Wrote:
(05-08-2020, 03:17 PM)jcbyn Wrote: If it works, I'll update the published settings...

ok, random hardlocks are not quite as frequent as before, but still regular - though I can at least restart the game without having to delete my save file, like in the master version.
It's not always hardlocking, and when i can read the log before the lock it's usually "Working buffer not big enough".

I can reproduce the crash on certain tracks, funnily - for exampe the first race in the novice championship (brands hatch), after the first grid screen, while compiling shaders. Oddly if I run Brands hatch outside the championship, it runs just fine...

OK. Maybe you can try to set this setting (Driver Wake-up Delay) to 400µs.
StillOutOfMind

05-10-2020, 09:22 PM -
Since nothing really worked, I tried something new from scratch. Here's what i got so far: 

Master (0.0.10-10346)
Firmware 4.86
Gameversion 1.02

My Rig:
Ryzen 3700x
GeForce GTX 1080
32GB ram

I get GREAT (!) results for the first couple of races. I'm talking 40-60fps @ 1080p!

Using the following config:

CPU:
PPU: LLVM
SPU: LLVM

Enable Thread Scheduler: On
Enable SPU Loop Detection: On
SPU Cache: On

SPU BLock Size: Safe

GPU:
Renderer: Vulkan
Anisotropic Filtering: 16x
Framelimit: off

Resolution Scale: 150 % (1920x1080)
Shader Mode: Async: (Multi threaded)
Vsync: On
Multithreaded RSX: On

Advanced:

Driver Wakeup Delay: 200

Debug:

Disable ZCull Occlusion Queries: On
Force CPU blit emulation: On
Use GPU Texture Scaling: On

Everything else left to default / disabled / didnt touch it. 

As i said, first 2-3 Races run splendid. 
Then I start a race that crashes regularly, right when the first pre-race grid table pops up. 
I usually can see the error in the emulator, mostly its "Working buffer not big enough"
After I close the broken emulation, most of the time the entire emulator crashes / closes. 

This is annoying, but not THAT bad, since it is a state i could live with for now, or start fiddling more from here (If you have any suggestions to fix the bug above, I'm glad to hear them! Unfortunately I'm not very hopeful at this time...).

What is way MORE annoying, is the following: 

Once I restart the emulator after the described crash, I cant load into the game anymore! It freezes right at the first screen. I'd attach a log to that, but since the entire emulator hardlocks most of the time, i cant post a log. 
Now comes the weird part: If I delete my save files via the emulator save management menu, it starts just fine again. It might have something to do with the emulator not knowing the correct screen size (sometimes i can read an error message in the log, if the emulator doesnt hardlock immediately).
What's even more frustrating: Backing up the Save Files is NOT a workaround - if i copy them back into the saves folder, i get the same error as just reported. 
I believe, GT6 doesnt properly save the screen size (you have to set it ingame when you start it for the first time), but it EXPECTS it to be saved when you start the game a second time, hence it can't load it and crashes.
This didnt happen to earlier build, like 0.0.9 , but I don't want to fall back to earlier versions, because the performance is not even comparable to the current versions (and, also not stable...).

Would love some advice here. And sorry, but I'm pretty sure some "try a longer driver delay" hints wont cut it, since the problem (at least for the second startup bug) lies elsewhere.

Help me fiddling Smile

Edit: I just figured out: the second bug MUST have something to do with an error writing the save file (and selected screen size?) - because even if I close the game after the first start without having a crash before, it wont start a second time. I just can run it exactly once, period. Then i have to delete the save file to start it again. 

Edit 2: I just added a logfile after the first succesfull loadup. I closed the game manually (no crash), so the log creation was successful. Since I'm 98% certain, the error lays within a faulty save game / the emulator not saving the adjusted screen size correctly, all the evidence should be in here!
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...5855679207

Edit 3: I added older versions to the same RPCS3 folder, with the same (assumed broken) Safe game, and voilá - they fire right up. They still crash at a certain point (bug #1), but the dont hang up immediately. So the safe file itself aint broken, as it seems - it's just the recent emu build wont read them, for reasons unknown....
This post was last modified: 05-11-2020, 04:40 PM by StillOutOfMind.
ydkovsky

1 posts 0 threads Joined: May 2020
05-16-2020, 06:38 PM -
Hi just wanted to pitch in here

Before today i was using 10217 version of RPCS3 flawlessly to run GT6 update 1.05. Some crashes but that was to be expected I guess.

Save games won't work with version greater than 10217 for me. I thought it was the save game but its the emu version.

PC SPECS
Ryzen 5 3600
16 GB RAM
GTX 1080

Settings (Using settings from previous threads here)
Firmware 4.86
VULKAN
PPU LLVM Thread Scheduler ON
SPU LLVM SPU Loop and Cache ON | Threads at 2 | Safe
Default Res 1920x1080 | Framelimit AUTO | AF 2x | AA Disabled
Read & Write Color Buffers | VSync |Multithreaded RSX

Debug
Disable ZCull
Force CPU blit
Disable Vulkan Memory
Disable FIFO

I usually can see the error in the emulator, mostly its "Working buffer not big enough" - I think this one for me is when I upscale 150% either when using 1080p or 720p, my GPU just doesn't have enough VRAM I think

Now I'm testing until update 1.08 first to see how far can I go until I can go to update 1.22 but still using RPCS3 10217
BioShock96

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2020
07-01-2020, 02:32 PM -
Hey all, wanted to post my configuration that I've been testing since the last 5 builds:

Tested on these PC Specs:

AMD Ryzen 9 3900X
32GB DDR4 3200
Geforce RTX2070 Super
RPCS3 Builds: 10597 and the last 4 before it

CPU

PPU Decoder: LLVM
SPU Decoder: LLVM
Additional Settings: Enable Thread Scheduler/ON, SPU Cache/ON, Else/OFF
SPU Block Size: Mega
SPU Threads: 2

GPU

Renderer: Vulkan
AF: 16x
Default Resolution: 1280x720
Resolution Scale: 150% (1920X1080)
Shader Mode: Legacy
Additional Settings: VSync/ON, Multithreaded RSX/ON, Else/OFF

Advanced

Firmware Settings: liblv2.sprx ONLY
Driver Wake-up Delay: 200 μs

Debug

GPU: Disable ZCull Occlusion Queries/ON, Force CPU Bit Emulation/ON, Disable Vulkan Memory Allocator/ON, Disable FIFO Reordering/ON, Else/OFF

Please Test and report if Playable, Thanks.  Wink