Controller Assistance (Spinning Camera)
Started by Riverbui

0 posts in this topic
Riverbui
Unregistered

04-30-2017, 03:47 AM -
Not sure how related this is to RPCS3 as a whole, but I thought I'd ask about it, to see if there's anything that can be done about it.

I've recently been trying to get my Switch Pro Controller to connect to RPCS3, and managed to get it working with Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix. However, whenever I enter gameplay, my camera just starts spinning endlessly with no way for me to control it. The controller works fine on Steam and I've been able to connect it to PCSX2 as well with little issue. This spinning camera only happens when I select the MMJoyStick handler, which is also the only handler that the controller works on.

I noticed this spinning camera issue used to happen with my gamecube controller with Yooka Laylee Toybox and Portal 2 before Steam gained compatibility with generic controllers. I've also had sensitivity issues with the left analog stick so that the characters would only walk even though I'm holding it all the way forward. PCSX2 has options to change the sensitivity, so I was able to get the controller working okay there.

I figure I could try stuff out here, but seeing that the MMJoyStick handler is capable of working with more controllers, I was curious if there was something that could be done about the camera issue. And if there's not, that's cool. It'll probably be a while before KH 1.5 or 2.5 are playable anyway.