Fight Night Champion [BLUS30608]
Started by GrantKane

76 posts in this topic
bnoruto

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2018
05-13-2020, 11:28 AM -
(05-11-2020, 06:13 PM)kodomir Wrote: @bnoruto what is your pc specs?
I've got an Intel Core i7-7700 running at 3.60GHz
Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
16GB RAM
And I'm also running the latest Windows 10 update.  If you need any more detailed information than that, such as a dxdiag, I'm more than willing to furnish such.

As an aside, I also went back and tried out the game on version 9196, just like Adeno, and found that the results on my system were unchanged.  Same performance issues, and same freezes in the middle of the first round.  I should mention, though, that the freezes only occur during fights.  In the menus, although things are certainly much laggier than I'd like, the game doesn't really freeze or glitch there.  

One thing that I found that I believe is worth noting, is that by checking "lower SPU thread priority" I actually got a noticeable performance increase during actual gameplay, despite the disclaimer that it likely has no effect on i7 processors.  That, unfortunately, doesn't solve the issues with it crashing around 1 minute into the fight, however.
kodomir

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2017
05-13-2020, 02:49 PM -
Before I posted a comment in the other topic which is about the European version of the game (Fight Night Champion [BLES01039])
I copy my comment in this topic as well.

When I was with i7 3770k it also showed me 30fps but it was slow. 2 days ago I get ryzen 7 3700x and now I have no problem even the audio is fine. In my opinion, this game is playable.

This post was last modified: 05-13-2020, 02:50 PM by kodomir.
bnoruto

05-13-2020, 04:15 PM -
(05-13-2020, 02:49 PM)kodomir Wrote: Before I posted a comment in the other topic which is about the European version of the game (Fight Night Champion [BLES01039])
I copy my comment in this topic as well.

When I was with i7 3770k it also showed me 30fps but it was slow. 2 days ago I get ryzen 7 3700x and now I have no problem even the audio is fine. In my opinion, this game is playable.

While I think that it's great that you are able to play the game with no issues, and though I certainly don't mean to sound rude, that doesn't necessarily affect me or anyone else having these issues.  As I've already stated in my previous post, I don't have a Ryzen processor, and I certainly have no intention of switching to one just on the hope that this game works on my system.

At the end of the day, the game just isn't in a playable state, and it shouldn't be listed as such.  Hopefully, that'll change with a future build.
Romain98

5 posts 1 threads Joined: Apr 2020
05-26-2020, 07:23 PM -
Please, anyone? I still can't launch it, despite having erased all the caches and using the default settings.
splinter36

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2020
06-16-2020, 04:11 PM -
Game works great but the audio is choppy when a fighter is about to get KO'd. How do I fix this?
gsucc

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2020
06-17-2020, 06:51 AM -
I can't start my championship bout. RPCS3 always freezes before the match starts when the loading screen is about to complete. Any fix for this?
gsucc

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2020
06-19-2020, 04:32 PM -
(05-13-2020, 11:28 AM)bnoruto Wrote:
Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
16GB RAM
And I'm also running the latest Windows 10 update.  If you need any more detailed information than that, such as a dxdiag, I'm more than willing to furnish such.

As an aside, I also went back and tried out the game on version 9196, just like Adeno, and found that the results on my system were unchanged.  Same performance issues, and same freezes in the middle of the first round.  I should mention, though, that the freezes only occur during fights.  In the menus, although things are certainly much laggier than I'd like, the game doesn't really freeze or glitch there.  

One thing that I found that I believe is worth noting, is that by checking "lower SPU thread priority" I actually got a noticeable performance increase during actual gameplay, despite the disclaimer that it likely has no effect on i7 processors.  That, unfortunately, doesn't solve the issues with it crashing around 1 minute into the fight, however.

We almost have the same specs I suppose you are playing on a laptop too? I have the 8750h processor instead of the 7700. For me this game is already playable. My only problems are: 

1. Commentators voice stutters when a certain boxer is knocked down
2. DLC's are not working and
3. Save file has some issues like for example I'm going to create/edit a boxer after I apply the changes it corrupts the certain boxer like distorted picture or no picture at all and this is the cause why I can't have a championship bout in Legacy mode(to fix this 1. I copied my save file to my PS3 and I apply the changes there like changing accessories then putting it back to RPCS3 FNC save directory 2. DO NOT EDIT BOXER & DO NOT CREATE A NEW BOXER when starting a Legacy Mode choose "Choose an Existing Boxer"➡"Start Legacy Mode" do not choose "Edit" or it will corrupt the player and you will not be able to start a Championship fight ) If you wish to create/edit your boxer like changing hair style, accessories, etc. I suggest you copy it back to your PS3 and edit it there.

Now for your problem are you sure that Nvidia is the one rendering RPCS3? default GPU for the program is Intel for me I had to change it to Nvidia in Nvidia Control Panel and make sure use Vulkan. I finished Champions mode already and in Legacy mode I'm still in Superstar, 😄 still on progress...

P.S. This game should be in playable on the RPCS3 Compatibility list, it can be played from start to finish with minor issues only

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SavagePainal

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2020
07-13-2020, 06:39 AM -
Game seems to run nearly perfectly for me aside from an issue where in Champion Mode when you progress to Frost and go to fight him, there are no fighters in the ring...Only the ref and the timer continues to tick down. You can still move around and stamina still winds down when you "swing" but nothing lands or hits you. Can't figure out how to solve this issue as it doesn't correct itself after multiple rounds either.

Ryzen 3800x
GTX 1080Ti
32GB DDR4 3600

Edit: To solve this issue change SPU Decoder to ASMJIT.
This post was last modified: 07-14-2020, 12:33 AM by SavagePainal.
bnoruto

09-24-2020, 06:05 AM -
(06-19-2020, 04:32 PM)gsucc Wrote:
(05-13-2020, 11:28 AM)bnoruto Wrote:
Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB
16GB RAM

We almost have the same specs I suppose you are playing on a laptop too? I have the 8750h processor instead of the 7700. For me this game is already playable. My only problems are: 

1. Commentators voice stutters when a certain boxer is knocked down
2. DLC's are not working and
3. Save file has some issues like for example I'm going to create/edit a boxer after I apply the changes it corrupts the certain boxer like distorted picture or no picture at all and this is the cause why I can't have a championship bout in Legacy mode(to fix this 1. I copied my save file to my PS3 and I apply the changes there like changing accessories then putting it back to RPCS3 FNC save directory 2. DO NOT EDIT BOXER & DO NOT CREATE A NEW BOXER when starting a Legacy Mode choose "Choose an Existing Boxer"➡"Start Legacy Mode" do not choose "Edit" or it will corrupt the player and you will not be able to start a Championship fight ) If you wish to create/edit your boxer like changing hair style, accessories, etc. I suggest you copy it back to your PS3 and edit it there.

Now for your problem are you sure that Nvidia is the one rendering RPCS3? default GPU for the program is Intel for me I had to change it to Nvidia in Nvidia Control Panel and make sure use Vulkan. I finished Champions mode already and in Legacy mode I'm still in Superstar, 😄 still on progress...

P.S. This game should be in playable on the RPCS3 Compatibility list, it can be played from start to finish with minor issues only

No, I'm playing on a desktop.  And yes, I'm entirely positive that Nvidia is the only GPU running the game because it's the only GPU installed on my computer.  Just because we have nearly the same specs does not, I'm afraid, automatically dismiss my issues on the basis that it's working for you.  Again, I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just stating the facts here.  This game is simply not in a playable state, and you yourself have already listed one of the reasons for why this is the case.  If the game is listed as Playable, then according to RPCS3's own forums, that indicates that it "...can be played start to finish with playable performance and no game breaking glitches."

If your save file can get so corrupted that it necessitates you having to go out of your way to fix it, lest you be unable to start a fight, does this not constitute a "game breaking glitch"?  If it does, then by its very definition, this game is not playable and should not be listed as such.
FrostyPS3

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2020
11-10-2020, 04:23 AM -
Version 01.00 - Everything is fine but random crash (VM access violation writing location)

Version 01.02 - Audio stuttering

DLC is not working

I unlocked some fighters by cheat engine, for example: Raymond Bishop and Young George Foreman

RPCS3 v0.0.13-11214-b32d989a Alpha | HEAD | Firmware version: 4.86
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor | 12 Threads | 15.94 GiB RAM | TSC: 3.394GHz | AVX+ | FMA3

Operating system: Windows, Major: 10, Minor: 0, Build: 19042, Service Pack: none, Compatibility mode: 0
RSX: Found vulkan-compatible GPU: 'GeForce GTX 1060 3GB' running on driver 457.9.0.0
CRASH only in water break.

F {PPU[0x1000005] Thread (/dev_hdd0) [0x004a5010]} VM: Access violation writing location 0x0 (unmapped memory) [type=u8]