No supported XAudio2 library found
Started by despilks

6 posts in this topic
despilks
Unregistered

03-20-2017, 08:05 PM -
Hello.
I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve the following problem.
I am on Windows 7 and I am unable to use XAudio2 for audio playback in RPCS3. I can only use OpenAL, which is a problem as OpenAL outputs a crackling sound all the time. When I try using XAudio2 I get an "No supported XAudio2 library found" message.
Dose anyone know what can I do to make RPCS3 recognize XAudio2?
So far, I have tried updating to the latest DirectX as well as using "regsvr32" command in CMD to register all XAudio related files which are present in my system (They are all there, I checked, all files from XAudio2_0 to XAudio2_7 are present and in the right place), but it didn't solve the problem.
I would much appreciate if anybody has any ideas as to what else I can try to do to fix the issue?
Thank you very much in advance and I apologize if my post is not appropriate in some way as it's my first time posting here.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-21-2017, 02:03 PM -
Try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=6812
Resus
Unregistered

03-22-2017, 10:53 AM -
(03-21-2017, 02:03 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Try installing this: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download...px?id=6812

Hey, I have exactly this same issue with Xaudio2, I'm also using Windows 7.

When I tried installing that I got this error at the end:

[Image: 6UUA0tk.jpg]

Is there anything else I can try to fix this inconvenience? thanks for your hard work guys.

Edit 1:
BTW, I tried 2 games so far: Catherine and Metal Slug 3. I have the Xaudio2 issue everytime I start the game with Xaudio2 selected in the emulator, however, if I change the audio output to Null or OpenAL then Metal Slug 3 start working but Catherine keep having the same Xaudio2 issue and does not work.

Edit 2:
Got Catherine to work by changing the audio output to Null or OpenAL by right clicking the game and selecting Configure, Xaudio2 is the one that is not working for now. Changing the audio output globally didn't work for this one, it needed to be changed by right clicking the game. Any help is appreciated.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-22-2017, 01:07 PM -
Probably something wrong with your windows installation then.
Resus
Unregistered

03-23-2017, 12:14 AM -
(03-22-2017, 01:07 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Probably something wrong with your windows installation then.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help...-june-2010

According to that link, that error occurred because I already had a newer version of Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable present in my system, I need to uninstall that one and install the one you provided.

I'm hesitant to remove my newer version of the redistributable files and install an older version, the reason I'm hesitant to do it is because my computer is perfectly fine the way it is now and I never had any issues with Xaudio2 in any other emulator or programs, this issue only happened in RPCS3, there's nothing wrong with my windows installation dude.

Wanted to see if there was another method to do it without removing my newer version of the redistributable files, oh well...

Edit 1:
I removed my newer version of the distributable files and installed the older version posted above, it installed with no issue afterwards, the bad news is... It didn't fixed the Xaudio2 issue with RPCS3.

Any other suggestion that I can try to fix this inconvenience?

Edit 2:
http://i.imgur.com/Z88roxU.jpg

Just in case, I have these redistributable files installed in my system. I don't want to remove the other versions like 2005, 2008 and 2013 to test RPCS3 because my PC is working perfectly fine with those installed and there's probably a bunch of programs in my PC that are using those ones to work.

But just in case, do you think that have anything to do with this issue?
nothingtoseehere
Unregistered

07-20-2017, 02:52 PM -
I had the same issue as OP: It turns out to be some kind of speaker issue. When using my monitors built-in speakers I got the Xaudio2 error even when I downloaded the redistro, but when I switched to a external speaker for my audio output, games would load fine. I hope this helps find a solution to this problem.
Resus
Unregistered

07-24-2017, 04:07 AM -
(07-20-2017, 02:52 PM)nothingtoseehere Wrote: I had the same issue as OP: It turns out to be some kind of speaker issue. When using my monitors built-in speakers I got the Xaudio2 error even when I downloaded the redistro, but when I switched to a external speaker for my audio output, games would load fine. I hope this helps find a solution to this problem.

Can you please elaborate a bit more on that? do you mean you changed to an external speaker in the "Playback Devices" settings?

By the way, I'm using "Breakaway Audio Enhancer", that's an application that enhance the audio quality for everything in your PC, this includes games, music, movies, etc... this can be changed in the "Playback Devices" settings but even using the default audio driver the PC comes up with I still get the Xaudio2 issue.

I've read in Discord that some peoples fixed the Xaudio2 issue by updating their Windows, this makes sense to me and it would probably fix my issue because I hardly ever update it.

Edit:

I updated Windows and the Xaudio2 issue was fixed. If anyone else is having the issue then you know what to do, time to update.