Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix [BLUS31212]
Started by Darkriot

100 posts in this topic
Giusonic

18 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2018
11-17-2018, 07:43 PM -
(11-07-2018, 07:10 AM)hypnoticmarten77 Wrote: Hello, I recently played through all of Kingdom Hearts Final Mix and I can’t seem to figure out how to solve his issue.

Every time I beat the final boss of the game and I watch the credits and ending cutscene, the game crashes and stays on a black screen, preventing me from seeing my final results.  Is this a problem on my end specifically or is this a common problem?

(09-13-2018, 10:45 AM)Giusonic Wrote: Hello.
I have a problem with Kingdom hearts final mix: it freezes after I select it and click "Yes", when I have to choose the game to play. Sometimes it works, but it freezes again when I load the game or, when I play a new game, after the opening. I played it some months ago and it worked properly. I have the same problem with kingdom hearts 2 in kingdom hearts 2.5 Remix [BLES02070]. The rpcs3 version is v0.0.5-7324-f4139963 Alpha
Just boot kingdom.self instead of booting the game.  If the same thing happens in 2.5 just boot the games directly from their corresponding .self files.

Fortunately, with the last rpcs3 update it seems it works. Thanks anyway
Giusonic

18 posts 1 threads Joined: Jan 2018
01-22-2019, 04:24 PM -
I have another problem: the bug screens for the second part of the jafar battle and for atlantica. One or two years ago there was a video on youtube with a fix, but now that fix doesn't work anymore for the recent versions of rpcs3. Could you please resolve these bugs?

Update: I solved the problem myself. Thanks anyway

Here we go again. Even if the jafar battle bug is solved, the famous Atlantica bug still occurs. Can you solve, please?
The rpcs3 version is v0.0.5-7742 Alpha [2019-01-22]
This post was last modified: 02-12-2019, 10:24 AM by Giusonic.
Lapinas

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2019
02-13-2019, 11:23 PM -
Hi. I've put the same post in "support" but anyway.

I've played RE:Chain of memories almost complete with some problems but i've could fixed them; but now i have this problem:

https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-200110.h...f+memories

When i go past the final boss and the ending, the screen freezes in a point. I've tried with OpenGL and Vulkan but still can't.
Any helps??
It would be enough with a savegame with reverse birth mode unlocked too. In the end, i just want to play with riku.

Thanks in advance.
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
02-24-2019, 01:41 PM -
Removed incorrect instructions with weird ad link for ancient build

The proper fix to the Atlantica bug is being worked by kd-11
You can use the build from PR https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/pull/5675 which already contains the fix
This post was last modified: 02-24-2019, 01:42 PM by Ani.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
eiandredson

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Apr 2019
04-20-2019, 03:58 AM -
(02-13-2019, 11:23 PM)Lapinas Wrote: Hi. I've put the same post in "support" but anyway.

I've played RE:Chain of memories almost complete with some problems but i've could fixed them; but now i have this problem:

https://forums.rpcs3.net/thread-200110.h...f+memories

When i go past the final boss and the ending, the screen freezes in a point. I've tried with OpenGL and Vulkan but still can't.
Any helps??
It would be enough with a savegame with reverse birth mode unlocked too. In the end, i just want to play with riku.

Thanks in advance.

Same Problem in 20/04/2019 with 0.0.6 8000 Build, every Kingdom Hearts in 1.5 have the same problem in ending will freeze after credits,
ShadowtearX

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jul 2019
07-02-2019, 06:31 AM -
[Image: 300?cb=20181122003859]

So I've beaten "KINGDOM HEARTS Final Mix" today and notice there hasn't really been a report for this game from 2018.
I figured i would report all my findings/issues/progress here about this game, including issues and how to possibly bypass these.
To answer most peoples direct questions. Yes, the game is fully playable and beatable from beginning to end, there are however a few things to be aware about which i list below.

Emulation settings used and recommended:
- Emu ver.: 0.0.6-8315-2bce3674
- Renderer: Vulkan
- Addition Settings: V-Sync (i noticed screen tearing, u will not need this if you don't)
All other settings where left on default and were not touched.

Encountered issues in-game and possible fixes:
- Issue: in the starting area of the game (beach) I've noticed that opening the menu might show the in-game image of the menu black. (middle area of the menu)
- Fix: This seems to have fixed itself for me, i think it had to compile it for the first time? Try opening the menu a few times, save, completely restart the emulator etc, i have since not seen the issue anymore.

- Issue: The game at times suffers from a freezing issue when u try to open the menu/save point, this seemed to appear whenever you've been to Agrabah (the dungeon part) or in Hollow Bastian (any screen where there are water bubbles in the air that you jump into)
- Fix: There is no known fix for this, online methods regarding "write color buffer/stricht rendering mode" does not solve the issue. The only thing i can advise is the save A LOT whenever you are in Agrebah, Atlantica(?) or Hollow Bastian. SO SAVE!

- Issue: The boss fight in Agrabah (Jafar 2nd form) sometimes renders completely wrong and becomes unplayable.
- Fix: No idea how i fixed this... i changed the renderer around a few times, and tried restarting it and it somehow worked (while my renderer was on vulkan again...), so this might just require you to restart a few times...

- Issue: After the final boss, you will not see the result screen
- Fix: There is no known fix. However this is a minor issue as you cannot normally save after after the final boss, the only thing you are missing out on is the result screen.

Other issues/minor issues:
- Red card soldiers in wonderland are not properly rendered
- 60fps hack works, but cut-scenes subtitles will be rendered at double speed and the gummiship mini game is also double speed. (if it causes issues, you can always go back to 30fps)
- 30fps seems to the eye to be lower fps, somewhere around 20fps with movements etc. this is however also on the actual console/ps2 version.

I hope i have helped anyone with this that is doing research on playing this game, as i was and wished there where more of these reports when i was searching for them.
If you have more questions, feel free to ask them when i'm live on https://www.twitch.tv/shadowtearx/
This post was last modified: 07-16-2019, 01:15 AM by ShadowtearX.
jimblygg

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2019
09-07-2019, 01:02 AM -
I'm at the jafar boss, can confirm texture glitching on the red card soldiers (and gorillas in deep jungle). I tried switching between vulkan and opengl (vulkan doesnt usually even boot the game for me so i dont know how its working all of a sudden) and now the jafar boss shows *no* visual. It went from displaying the kingdom hearts intro over everything except a small box at the top left, to no visual on vulkan nor opengl. I'm on 0.0.7 8641
This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 12:36 PM by Ani.
jimblygg

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2019
09-11-2019, 02:59 AM -
Atlantica is now unplayable all of a sudden. Most of my visual is blocked by the main menu screen, except for a small box at the top left. This was the same issue with the jafar boss.
Only.. i cant grind in atlantica with only the top left visible lol. Is this an oddity with RPCS3 im not familiar with? Because i know i started getting glitches after switching to vulkan then back to opengl.I havent switched since yesterday though and ive been playing quite a bit.
MarioSonic2987
RPCS3 Tester

296 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
09-11-2019, 06:21 PM -
(09-11-2019, 02:59 AM)jimblygg Wrote: Atlantica is now unplayable all of a sudden. Most of my visual is blocked by the main menu screen, except for a small box at the top left. This was the same issue with the jafar boss.
Only.. i cant grind in atlantica with only the top left visible lol. Is this an oddity with RPCS3 im not familiar with? Because i know i started getting glitches after switching to vulkan then back to opengl.I havent switched since yesterday though and ive been playing quite a bit.

You need to enable Read Color Buffers to fix that issue (not sure if Write Color Buffers is necessary now). KH2FM needs also that option to fix flickering in pause menu. You can find that option in Advanced tab, in Settings.
This post was last modified: 09-11-2019, 06:21 PM by MarioSonic2987.
Desktop: Intel Core i9-9900KF, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 (OpenGL, DirectX12 & Vulkan), Windows 11
Laptop: Intel Core i7-7700HQ, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 (OpenGL, DirectX12 & Vulkan), Windows 11
danshuter

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2019
11-22-2019, 01:07 PM -
i have tried everthing recommended and i stil cant even load into the game, when i start a new game i just get a black screen and it hangs