Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix [BLUS31212]
Started by Darkriot

100 posts in this topic
Rmmmike

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2018
01-16-2018, 09:54 PM -
(01-16-2018, 08:15 AM)E.E03 Wrote: As of the latest build on 1/16/18 at 12:04PM, if you try to open up the in-game main menu or the save menu, the game will freeze and the emulator will crash. Using Vulkan is now necessary as after the opening cutscene, the game will freeze to a black screen on OpenGL.

My specs:
Alienware Alpha (Original, 8GB Ram. 1TB HDD)
Intel Core i3-4130T
8GB DDR3 RAM
1TB Toshiba 5400RPM HDD
Nvidia GeForce GPU (Equal to a 750Ti)

Same for me, but I can access the ingame menu. Disabling Write Color Buffers solves it but then I can't fix the issue with Atlantis and Jafar.

i5 4570 @3.2ghz
GTX 970
1TB HDD
Doctour

5 posts 2 threads Joined: Feb 2018
02-25-2018, 05:43 AM -
Atlantis seems to work using Vulkan instead of OpenGL and the only thing you need to set is SPU Threads 1 and "Automatically load libraries."

Edited
This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 10:01 AM by Doctour.
knight0834

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Feb 2018
02-26-2018, 07:37 PM -
(02-25-2018, 05:43 AM)Doctour Wrote: Atlantis seems to work using Vulkan instead of OpenGL but you also need to have Write color buffers, Strict rendering, and Disable vertex all selected and also SPU Threads 1 and "Automatically load libraries" also selected,

I can't get my game to work at all. I'm fairly new to emulators so it's probably just me being stupid. I've tried setting all of the settings you all have said to no effect. First the game opened on a black screen (fixed that with the fix above) then it would freeze and crash upon choosing my starter "form" at the beginning of the game (never fixed.) and now today (changed nothing from yesterday) it simply wont open. the whole emulator crashes immediately upon trying to launch the game. Can you, or anyone here, help me please?
azza4

12 posts 5 threads Joined: Feb 2018
02-26-2018, 10:07 PM -
how can i fix the problem with sora broken face after starting the FMV is done being played, and how can i fix the problem of why the window is so short when the starting FMV is being played
Doctour

02-27-2018, 11:47 AM -
(02-26-2018, 07:37 PM)knight0834 Wrote:
(02-25-2018, 05:43 AM)Doctour Wrote: Atlantis seems to work using Vulkan instead of OpenGL but you also need to have Write color buffers, Strict rendering, and Disable vertex all selected and also SPU Threads 1 and "Automatically load libraries" also selected,

I can't get my game to work at all. I'm fairly new to emulators so it's probably just me being stupid. I've tried setting all of the settings you all have said to no effect. First the game opened on a black screen (fixed that with the fix above) then it would freeze and crash upon choosing my starter "form" at the beginning of the game (never fixed.) and now today (changed nothing from yesterday) it simply wont open. the whole emulator crashes immediately upon trying to launch the game. Can you, or anyone here, help me please?

Make sure your game is in the "\dev_hdd0\disc\" folder in your RPCS3 directory, that was my issue when I first tried using the emulator cause I was used to other system emulators being able to load from any directory. Also try launching it by going to File>Boot SELF/ELF> going to the game directory (it should be something like RPCS3\dev_hdd0\disc\BLUS31212\) and select "Kingdom.self". I just went back and completed the beginning and it worked fine for me. And another possible fix would to try "load Liblv2.sprx only" since that seemed to only bee needed in Atlantica.

Also I found out the game works in Atlantica and the bubbles in Hollow Bastion with just SPU threads set to 1 and "Automatically load libraries." Even when raising the resolution scale. scaling.
This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 12:12 PM by Doctour.
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
02-27-2018, 01:04 PM -
Games can be booted outside of the RPCS3 directory, I have all my games on another HDD which i initially setup by File > boot game > select game folder > ok ...Thats it! the game will stay in the game list and be bootable from there. We don't recommend booting SELF/ELF files unless absolutely necessary. KH for instance has an issue with it where it will be letter boxed when you load the .self file as it wont boot the configs because you didn't run the game properly.
azza4

12 posts 5 threads Joined: Feb 2018
02-27-2018, 03:38 PM -
how can i make kingdom hearts 1.5 work 100% on the RPCS3

i tried everything to make this game work 100% for me
This post was last modified: 02-27-2018, 05:16 PM by azza4.
lastdance

37 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2017
02-28-2018, 03:32 AM -
(02-26-2018, 07:37 PM)knight0834 Wrote:

Did you ever find a solution? Ive been struggling with this for a while now.

Edit: I solved the error of the game crashing after selecting your weapon of choice. Just deselect "use GPU texture scaling", and you are good to go. Also solves a problem where the opening cinimatic was cut off at the bottom and another issue where sora's face turned blue (opengl) or invisible (Vulkan).
This post was last modified: 02-28-2018, 06:57 AM by lastdance.
Doctour

02-28-2018, 09:59 AM -
(02-27-2018, 01:04 PM)Asinine Wrote: Games can be booted outside of the RPCS3 directory, I have all my games on another HDD which i initially setup by File > boot game > select game folder > ok ...Thats it! the game will stay in the game list and be bootable from there. We don't recommend booting SELF/ELF files unless absolutely necessary. KH for instance has an issue with it where it will be letter boxed when you load the .self file as it wont boot the configs because you didn't run the game properly.

Oh, well I wasn't able to get the game working until I moved it ot the RPCS3 folder and booted from SELF, if not it would always crash, also my game also doesn't letter box. That's why I suggested those two things cause thats what fixed it for me. :\
This post was last modified: 03-03-2018, 01:10 PM by Doctour.
lastdance

37 posts 2 threads Joined: Aug 2017
02-28-2018, 09:08 PM -
(02-28-2018, 09:59 AM)Doctour Wrote:
(02-27-2018, 01:04 PM)Asinine Wrote: Games can be booted outside of the RPCS3 directory, I have all my games on another HDD which i initially setup by File > boot game > select game folder > ok ...Thats it! the game will stay in the game list and be bootable from there. We don't recommend booting SELF/ELF files unless absolutely necessary. KH for instance has an issue with it where it will be letter boxed when you load the .self file as it wont boot the configs because you didn't run the game properly.

Oh, well I wasn't able to get the game working until I moved it ot the RPCS3 folder and booted from SELF, if not it would always crash, also my game also doesn't letter box. That's why I suggested those two things cause thats what fixed it for me. :\

Agreed, while it wasnt the case when Kingdom hearts first became playable, booting from the .self has since become the only way i can play the game.