Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 [BLUS31063]
Started by GrantKane

28 posts in this topic
onkeh

50 posts 10 threads Joined: May 2020
07-30-2022, 11:55 PM -
I could play a full 18 hole round, plus 3 hole play-off (I won!!) without issue, so the crashing is """fixed""" via PPU static, however obviously does affect the performance. Menus especially very sluggish in this mode.

Enabling Write Color Buffers fixes the color/texture issues with custom characters but further performance hit, maybe 20-21fps in game now.

Interesting WCB also adds a weird DOF effect in game, it's like the course is constantly out of focus.
This post was last modified: 07-31-2022, 12:37 AM by onkeh.
Royameadow

19 posts 6 threads Joined: Jun 2022
08-10-2022, 12:48 AM -
Stability Regression: Over the past two days and change, builds of the 14000 Series started delivering the notorious Semaphore Acquire Timeout Error upon booting, bringing this title back to Intro status until it can get fixed; at present, no configuration I have worked with is able to remedy the issue (even the intended method of setting the Driver Recovery Timeout in Config.yml from One Million to Zero) and thus it can only be played on earlier builds at this time.
Now, I initially thought that this was a Radeon Driver issue, as I've also been getting interesting graphical glitches with my Radeon VII in other applications such as Vegas Pro and Topaz Labs' AI Gigapixel, due to troubles present in the most recent driver update (in this case, "22.7.1"); but after checking on Build 13669 of the emulator (I've kept it on my person since the time that PGA Tour '12 was temporarily suffering during the OpenGL Uplift updates), it is clear that something was definitely changed over the past few days that this game doesn't like, and it consistently is triggered at the same offset.

Up to two messages with this error at different offsets will appear back to back, when it happens (sometimes, it's only the first that shows, depending on the config), though the one below is what will consistently display on any build from at least 14013 to 14034; you will see it appear either before anything PPU~related can load during the boot, before or during the EA Sports Splash Screen, or as it attempts to load the Main Menu, the game will either freeze with a high framerate displayed on the chart or be permanently locked at 00.99 FPS until a Stop or Reset.

Code:
E {RSX [0x00737f8]} RSX: nv406e::semaphore_acquire has timed out. semaphore_address=0xA03004B0

~ Tiger Woods PGA Tour '14: RPCS3 Data Logues for Build 14034 (Mediafire)
donkey33

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2022
08-20-2022, 07:31 AM -
I'm very happy with this news so I tried it myself and I got it to work and am playing a round at 300% internal resolution which is amazing!!

The only question I have is I actually stuffed up the instructions above. Instead of setting the PPU decoder to static, I accidentally set the SPU decoder to static (PPU decoder still at LLVM) and it works absolutely fine and works at the full 30 FPS when playing a round. No lag in menus or anything, etc. No idea if it would crash during any other time but half a round in and it's at full speed at 300% internal resolution so I'm very happy with this.

I don't know a lot about decoders but are there any issues with running the SPU decoder at static?

This morning, after changing nothing, it now freezes between holes using that method so not sure why it worked and now doesn't. Had to revert PPU to static but low FPS as mentioned above.
This post was last modified: 08-21-2022, 01:34 AM by donkey33.
dls-saa-dd

8 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2020
10-17-2022, 10:49 PM -
I can't seem to get DLC installed correctly

The 14 course pack is showing as "installed" in that the dots for the courses are on the geographic map, but the list on the right doesn't show them.

Anyone gotten DLC to install/work correctly?
philby85

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2022
10-18-2022, 06:11 AM -
(10-17-2022, 10:49 PM)dls-saa-dd Wrote: I can't seem to get DLC installed correctly

The 14 course pack is showing as "installed" in that the dots for the courses are on the geographic map, but the list on the right doesn't show them.

I just tried myself today and same issue. Hoping for a solution as well.
dls-saa-dd

10-20-2022, 11:28 PM -
I'm stuck just playing single player rounds at this point

Career stuff leads to crashes without the PPU set to Static...which tanks performance for me to a level I don't enjoy as much.
Royameadow

19 posts 6 threads Joined: Jun 2022
10-25-2022, 07:05 AM -
(10-17-2022, 10:49 PM)dls-saa-dd Wrote: I can't seem to get DLC installed correctly

I covered this subject rigorously in my thread for the Early Access Build, which too suffers from this issue: Even via my DLC Insertion Mod, which basically involves carrying over all of the DLC files and putting them in the designated folders of the main game, be it Disc or Digital, only the Masters Historic Edition Unlock and Augusta National (1934) will work via this method on all builds of the Standard Edition, the other Six courses of MHE (including the Practice Facility) can only presently be played via its Disc Version builds and the other Eighteen courses from the Fourteen Courses Pack and TPC Four Pack are unplayable until PGA Tour '14's issues with PARAM.SFO are remedied; once that happens, I am certain that the DLC will become fully usable proper, this same issue is also present in every iteration of Super Street Fighter IV going all the way up to Ultra (if you're on an AMD CPU and GPU of the Zen III and Vega Era, at least; I cannot vouch for Intel and Nvidia users, at present) and thus we know that this is a problem that spans multiple titles for the same reason, though I am certain that our patience on finding a solution will pay off eventually.
dls-saa-dd

10-25-2022, 02:35 PM -
@Royameadow

Thank you! Sounds like more waiting is in order
In the meantime, I'm very much enjoying just normal rounds on the stock courses -- beautiful game!
philby85

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Oct 2022
10-31-2022, 11:21 PM -
This game has a 3d grass effect for the rough. If I enable write color buffers it shows, however the graphics become blurry like it disables the 300% upscale I have applied. Any tips ? cheers Phil

Enabled write depth buffers and it works but get some blurry cut scenes or when the camera changes.
This post was last modified: 11-01-2022, 01:32 AM by philby85.