Demon's Souls [BLES00932]
Started by ssshadow

328 posts in this topic
Atomic
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 06:18 AM -
Same error here, tutorial freezes/crashes in the stairs after the phantom.

Not that it really matters for me personally, my i5-2500k got no issues with the tutorial but after that it's like 15-28fps switching constantly making the game unplayable or even boring due to the insane fps changes. (Tried different settings, SPU Threads (4), obviously Vulkan, etc.)

PS3 is next to my PC but hope to run this sometime to take screenshots and just enjoy it other than on my PS3.
squerol
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 07:09 AM -
Hello.
After some RPCS3 new builds updates, framerate got drastically improved for me, but sadly, stability gone down - game crashes after 1-2 minutes of playing every time, no matter what I do or where I am in game.

Stable 30 fps most of the time, in some spots and situations (like breaking destructable objects like boxes, crates, barrels etc.) fps drops to minimum 20 fps and stutters a lot, but it's tolerable.

US version (BLUS30443) works even worse - worse framerate, crashes after few seconds when I enter game world. And strange Bandai Namco logo appears after booting the game (overlays every other company logos like Atlus, Sony, Havoc etc.)

I'm sending RPCS3.log file in attachment.

RPCS3 v0.0.3-5-0a4776d Alpha
BLES00932
PS3 firmware 4.81 (latest official)

Settings where I get best performance (hmmm maybe makes no sense posting it, tested tons of settings combinations, all time crashes after moment of playing, only setting both decoders to "precise interpreters" prevent crashes, but it brings totally unplalayable framerate):

PPU - LLVM
SPU - ASMJIT
Auto Load Libraries
Preffered SPU Threads - 2
Lower SPU Thread Priority + Enable SPU loop detection
Vulkan - Write Color Buffers + Invalidate Cache Every Frame
XAudio2 + Downmix to stereo

PC Specs:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
Intel Core i5 7500 3,4 Ghz Quad-Core
MSI GTX 1060 Gaming X Plus 6GB GDDR5
16 GB DDR4 RAM
Gigabyte GA-B250M-D3H
Nothing overclocked, not tuned up in msi/gigabyte/intel/bios settings

Thank You.
Gungil
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 08:17 AM -
The reason why it's crashing/freezing is due to Vulkan. If you try OpenGL all your crashing issues will be gone but you'll have unplayable FPS.

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3116
squerol
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 08:43 AM -
(07-29-2017, 08:17 AM)Gungil Wrote: The reason why it's crashing/freezing is due to Vulkan. If you try OpenGL all your crashing issues will be gone but you'll have unplayable FPS.

https://github.com/RPCS3/rpcs3/issues/3116

Ok, Thank You.
I will upload my log there too so.

EDIT:

Thanks for OpenGL suggestion.
I was distracted just with random crash before - after some testing crashes can either happen after few minutes or hour of playing on OpenGL.

Framerate is not unplayable - sure, fps drops happens in much more spots, stutters feels stronger, but still it's not dropping under 20 fps, it's normally playable. No input lag, no drastic slowdowns. In some locations still stable 30 fps (Shrine of Storms for example, most of the time clear gameplay here, I get to the second boss just with 1 emu crash).
That makes me continuing playing on OpenGL untill Vulkan got updated Wink
adrianwx
Unregistered

07-29-2017, 08:38 PM -
Any solution for distorted audio with echo?, Play me at 30 fps and 27.
Tallica
Unregistered

07-30-2017, 05:28 PM -
The last 2 builds (7/28 and 7/29) both fail to launch Demon's souls for me. I've rolled back to build 7/27 and it's working again.
squerol
Unregistered

07-30-2017, 06:36 PM -
Just finished whole game (all bosses), with OpenGL renderer sadly (Vulkan crashes after 1-2 minutes of playing every time, no matter which settings combination I set)

On OpenGL game is fully beatable. Just random crashes sometimes. Even played 2 hour sessions without single crashes.
Sure, on my i5 7500 in some places stutters and fps drops were annoying (where on Vulkan I tested it was much better situation), but not unplayable.
Transfered to ng+ normally, playthrough possible to continue (no crash at credits etc.)

As a Souls series fan I never thought that I would play Demon's Souls without buying PS3. Thank You guys!
Shoopman
Unregistered

07-31-2017, 12:58 AM -
Hi all,

Just loaded this up today. Everything works, but performance is not great. The game will slow down significantly in large open areas, such as the first archstone in Boletaria. The FPS counter still reads 30 during the slowdown, but in reality I am in the 15-20 range. Inside areas run fine. Not sure if there is anything I can do about it.

Using Vulkan renderer and standard settings. i7 4790k/980ti/16GM RAM.
kuchiki23
Unregistered

07-31-2017, 02:24 PM -
i have i5 7600 4.1 ghz and gtx 750ti(planing to update to 1060) can someone tell if video card affect on fps will it run any smoother ?
yapel
Unregistered

07-31-2017, 02:49 PM -
(07-31-2017, 02:24 PM)kuchiki23 Wrote: i have i5 7600 4.1 ghz and gtx 750ti(planing to update to 1060) can someone tell if video card affect on fps will it run any smoother ?

nop, rpcs3 does not behave like your typical pc videogame