Working?
Started by Shooting Star

6 posts in this topic
Shooting Star
Unregistered

01-12-2017, 01:12 PM -
I originally started trying to get this to work about a year ago give or take some months. Back then it was working for a very limited amount of games. So my question is is this working now for most games at least?

I would like to be able to play my star ocean games here if they can work on it. I have been waiting a very long time to do this. Very excited.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
01-12-2017, 01:23 PM -
No, only very tiny amount of games with simple graphics are playable. Some more advanced games may run somewhat but way to slowly, think 3 fps. See http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=195
Shooting Star
Unregistered

01-12-2017, 01:47 PM -
(01-12-2017, 01:23 PM)ssshadow Wrote: No, only very tiny amount of games with simple graphics are playable. Some more advanced games may run somewhat but way to slowly, think 3 fps. See http://www.emunewz.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=195

D: why has it still not be finished for most games? It's been years. I don't understand what could be taking so long if its there product they are transferring over. Guess they just aren't giving good man power to this.... I got my hopes up because I overlooked the game list this time sigh.
ssshadow
Administrator

01-12-2017, 02:48 PM -
It's an insanely complex project that requires highly specialized skills that one can only acquire from years of higher education and/or experience. Then you will have to spend hundreds, thousands, maybe tens of thousands of hours over several years, maybe a decade, on reading documentation and doing research, writing tests, writing code, debugging code. There is literally no payment or reward whatsoever for successfully completing any part of the project.

So no, right now very few people are actively working on it. You may now understand why... Wink

That said, it's not impossible that Star Ocean: The Last Hope (?) does boot, maybe even goes in game. If you have the game just try it out. Maybe use the Catherine settings with or without libvdec and libfs, that usually takes most games as far as currently possible. However it will definitely run at 3 fps, if it runs.
Shooting Star
Unregistered

01-12-2017, 03:03 PM -
(01-12-2017, 02:48 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It's an insanely complex project that requires highly specialized skills that one can only acquire from years of higher education and/or experience. Then you will have to spend hundreds, thousands, maybe tens of thousands of hours over several years, maybe a decade, on reading documentation and doing research, writing tests, writing code, debugging code. There is literally no payment or reward whatsoever for successfully completing any part of the project.

So no, right now very few people are actively working on it. You may now understand why... Wink

That said, it's not impossible that Star Ocean: The Last Hope (?) does boot, maybe even goes in game. If you have the game just try it out. Maybe use the Catherine settings with or without libvdec and libfs, that usually takes most games as far as currently possible. However it will definitely run at 3 fps, if it runs.

Maybe use the Catherine settings with or without libvdec and libfs, that usually takes most games as far as currently possible. I dont understand this part xD.

(01-12-2017, 03:03 PM)Shooting Star Wrote:
(01-12-2017, 02:48 PM)ssshadow Wrote: It's an insanely complex project that requires highly specialized skills that one can only acquire from years of higher education and/or experience. Then you will have to spend hundreds, thousands, maybe tens of thousands of hours over several years, maybe a decade, on reading documentation and doing research, writing tests, writing code, debugging code. There is literally no payment or reward whatsoever for successfully completing any part of the project.

Maybe use the Catherine settings with or without libvdec and libfs, that usually takes most games as far as currently possible. I dont understand this part xD.

I found the libvdec and libfs but I dont know what you mean about catherine settings
ssshadow
Administrator

01-12-2017, 03:18 PM -
(01-12-2017, 03:03 PM)Shooting Star Wrote:

Catherine settings, including a long list of LLE modules: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=175609

Use those, except libfs and libvdec as they may not work in general. But perhaps this game needs them, so also try it with them.

And if you don't know what LLE modules are and how to acquire then first of all rpcs3 isn't ready for public ease of use, and second perhaps there are some instructions on "how to set up rpcs3 with LLE modules" on youtube or so to speak...

Or just wait until the evening in 6 hours and I will try it myself.
ssshadow
Administrator

01-12-2017, 09:19 PM -
No, doesn't work: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid239450