How to identify the correct libraries to be loaded for each game by using the log?
Started by Slash

18 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
02-23-2017, 06:48 PM -
I think SRE stands for "Spurs Runtime Environment" or something. You could blame Sony for that one (every module name etc was decided by Sony a decade ago, not Nekotekina).

I would guess that the following "formula" works for basically every single game. LLE these:
- libac3dec.prx
- libac3dec2.prx
- libadec.prx
- libat3dec.prx
- libatrac3plus.prx
- libatxdec.prx
- libdmux.prx
- libdmuxpamf.prx
- libfiber.prx
- libfont.prx
- libfontFT.prx
- libfreetype.prx
- libl10n.prx
- libmvcdec.prx
- libpamf.prx
- libresc.prx
- librtc.prx
- libsail.prx
- libsail_avi.prx
- libsjvtd.prx
- libsmvd2.prx
- libsmvd4.prx
- libspurs_jq.prx
- libsre.prx
- libsync2.prx

And if you get an endless loop of of "fs" errors add libfs

And if videos don't work add libvdec

I will gladly be proven wrong, find me one game where this doesn't work Tongue Yes maybe there is some edge case where a game will crash slightly earlier or later with certain modules, but these games don't work properly anyway and crash regardless.
Kilowog01
Unregistered

02-23-2017, 08:05 PM -
(02-23-2017, 06:48 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I think SRE stands for "Spurs Runtime Environment" or something.

I look at the keyboard and I do not even know what to say besides...
[Image: CO46e3wWIAI8IBz.jpg]
if SRE means this, I am afraid to know the other acronyms like HLE. It's all right...Lets forget it before i throw a molotov at the first Sony Store that i see...
My real question is: They can work....but are they being used by all this games? Are they really necessary or are they just consuming some hardware performance?
ssshadow
Administrator

02-23-2017, 10:10 PM -
Either a game will use a certain module, or not. If the game doesn't use a certain module I don't think performance is affected. Loading unused modules shouldn't affect compatibility either.

HLE stands for "high level emulation". There is more here: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=165781

And for each term there is a corresponding Wikipedia article...
Kilowog01
Unregistered

02-23-2017, 11:15 PM -
(02-23-2017, 10:10 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Either a game will use a certain module, or not. If the game doesn't use a certain module I don't think performance is affected. Loading unused modules shouldn't affect compatibility either.

HLE stands for "high level emulation". There is more here: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=165781

And for each term there is a corresponding Wikipedia article...
To tell you the truth, I searched a few terms on the wiki today. I searched the modules, I saw an interesting tree on the dev_flash folder. At that point I've come to consider the possibility of "spurs" simply being part of some other LLE.

I already knew the topic too but I forgot him in the search for the corrects LLE's, tried to search inside the pastebin with the modules. A quick read on the topic and I've solved some 4 doubts I had. The only thing left by now is the color which is not very important and it's more for curiosity. You know what the colors mean inside rpcs3 log? After many tests I got the impression that:
Cyan Blue = Just RPCS3 Version
Green = Good
Orange = Bad, but often it's possible to solve
Red = Bad
Pink = very bad

But I do not know if this is a precise guess
ssshadow
Administrator

02-24-2017, 12:29 AM -
Right click in the console window Wink
notq
RPCS3 Tester

435 posts 58 threads Joined: Nov 2017
03-02-2017, 05:38 PM -
(02-23-2017, 06:48 PM)ssshadow Wrote: I think SRE stands for "Spurs Runtime Environment" or something. You could blame Sony for that one (every module name etc was decided by Sony a decade ago, not Nekotekina).

I would guess that the following "formula" works for basically every single game. LLE these:
- libac3dec.prx
- libac3dec2.prx
- libadec.prx
- libat3dec.prx
- libatrac3plus.prx
- libatxdec.prx
- libdmux.prx
- libdmuxpamf.prx
- libfiber.prx
- libfont.prx
- libfontFT.prx
- libfreetype.prx
- libl10n.prx
- libmvcdec.prx
- libpamf.prx
- libresc.prx
- librtc.prx
- libsail.prx
- libsail_avi.prx
- libsjvtd.prx
- libsmvd2.prx
- libsmvd4.prx
- libspurs_jq.prx
- libsre.prx
- libsync2.prx

And if you get an endless loop of of "fs" errors add libfs

And if videos don't work add libvdec

I will gladly be proven wrong, find me one game where this doesn't work Tongue Yes maybe there is some edge case where a game will crash slightly earlier or later with certain modules, but these games don't work properly anyway and crash regardless.

1. What the difference between .sprx and .prx ?
2. Why i can't find libspurs_jq.prx but only libspurs_jq.sprx ?
3. What the libspurs_jq.sprx_ in library list ?
4. Why libsre.prx didn't exist, but only the same one with .sprx ?
ssshadow
Administrator

03-03-2017, 02:18 AM -
Sprx is encrypted prx. Rpcs3 can handle both so there is no practical difference.

Anyway automatic LLE is now in place so none of this matters. Just install the latest firmware from the tools menu and you are set. Auto overrides any manual selection for now.
notq
RPCS3 Tester

435 posts 58 threads Joined: Nov 2017
03-03-2017, 06:24 AM -
(03-03-2017, 02:18 AM)ssshadow Wrote: Sprx is encrypted prx. Rpcs3 can handle both so there is no practical difference.

Anyway automatic LLE is now in place so none of this matters. Just install the latest firmware from the tools menu and you are set. Auto overrides any manual selection for now.

Thanks for the info. Didn't expect it to soon. Which ver do you recommend ? Can it be 4.81 ?
ssshadow
Administrator

03-03-2017, 12:16 PM -
The latest, 4.81 or whatever that is. Just get the update from Sony's site.