why i cant the games
Started by captain_kido

12 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-19-2016, 12:18 AM -
(12-18-2016, 11:45 PM)Neo Cyrus Wrote:
(12-18-2016, 10:25 PM)Annie Wrote: It needs LibResc to be LLEd, then try again. Also, load libsre and libspurs_jq.
Thanks for the info. I'm new to all this, my first time trying this emulation, so I had to look it up. I'm getting mixed info, but the FAQ on this site says to decrypt sprx files. They decrypt into prx files.

I've tried using libresc, libsre, and libspurs_jq files ending with prx and sprx.elf. I'm not even sure what the .elf files are if prx is decrypted sprx. I just get a blank screen no matter what I try. If I load those 3 .elf versions, I get sound, but still a blank screen.

Edit: After looking further into it I see all sorts of recommendations like a video showing sync2, rtc, and fiber LLEs being used to get the game running. No such luck for me.

Zip and post the full log file.

But in general only the US disc version will work it seems: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid234887
And settings used can be seen in this video: http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid233234

In short LLE:
libfiber
libl10n
libresc
librtc
libspurs_jq
libsre
libsync2

They should be .prx files and are essentially parts of the PS3 operating system that the game needs to run.
Neo Cyrus
Unregistered

12-19-2016, 02:03 AM -
Thanks a lot.

I did actually get the game running by just enabling any .prx any suggestions I found anywhere and was going to report back, but your list cuts out a lot of unnecessary ones. The only issue now is that it runs at 56-59fps, and changing the compiler from accurate to fast actually doesn't seem to make any difference. It's stuttering because of it, oh well. I'm just a bit surprised that a Haswell at 4.3GHz isn't enough to hold 60fps. I suppose I can brute force it and try to go 200MHz higher.

Sorry I posted in this section, but it happened to be the first thread regarding it I ran into. The next game I'm attempting to get working is Catherine, but I'll post in the appropriate thread.

Though I'm curious about two things:
1 - I'm still unclear what the .elf files are.
2 - I'm wondering how many threads this emulator uses? It's never perfectly clear by looking at the task manager.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
12-19-2016, 12:55 PM -
(12-19-2016, 02:03 AM)Neo Cyrus Wrote: Thanks a lot.

I did actually get the game running by just enabling any .prx any suggestions I found anywhere and was going to report back, but your list cuts out a lot of unnecessary ones. The only issue now is that it runs at 56-59fps, and changing the compiler from accurate to fast actually doesn't seem to make any difference. It's stuttering because of it, oh well. I'm just a bit surprised that a Haswell at 4.3GHz isn't enough to hold 60fps. I suppose I can brute force it and try to go 200MHz higher.

Sorry I posted in this section, but it happened to be the first thread regarding it I ran into. The next game I'm attempting to get working is Catherine, but I'll post in the appropriate thread.

Though I'm curious about two things:
1 - I'm still unclear what the .elf files are.
2 - I'm wondering how many threads this emulator uses? It's never perfectly clear by looking at the task manager.

That is runs at almost but not quite 60 fps may be a bug in the emulator...

1. Basically code. Think a .dll or .exe in Windows.
2. Many threads, more than you have cores, but of course some will do more work than others. It also depends on which game you are running. I have seen 95-100 % load on my 8 threads i7. In general some threads like the PPU interpreter will be the bottleneck so clock speed would be more important.