Catherine [BLUS30428]
Started by ssshadow

174 posts in this topic
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-20-2017, 07:16 PM -
Here is the video from the official RPCS3 channel, edited together from the footage blastprocessing posted.

BTW it is even faster on Vulkan or DX12, should have used that instead...
magaries
Unregistered

03-21-2017, 02:27 PM -
What libraries are you guys using to make it work? I saw a picture earlier but a lot of them weren't in my libraries, only their sprx counterparts, as opposed to the prx ones
AlexVS
Unregistered

03-21-2017, 06:50 PM -
(03-21-2017, 02:27 PM)magaries Wrote: What libraries are you guys using to make it work? I saw a picture earlier but a lot of them weren't in my libraries, only their sprx counterparts, as opposed to the prx ones
Just use 'Auto LLE', this works is fine on LLVM OpenGL + Xaudio2
But on OpenGL you can look poligon mesh. Vulkan /DX12 more accurate graphics but slightly less performance. Angel
OniEkoh
Unregistered

03-21-2017, 09:40 PM -
Having problems running the game consistently, only had success with one configuration but now it doesn't seem to work. But that's for another time.

Is there a reason why the game has Japanese VAs when the US release had an English Dub? It seems the character's lip synching is to the English Dub as well, making the Japanese voice over out of sync.
Roxxas21
Unregistered

03-22-2017, 01:59 AM -
Any solutions to the xinput not working?
Dustin.G.Rojas
Unregistered

03-22-2017, 07:38 AM -
OK. Let's try this again. I'm having two issues with Catherine. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, if anything, nor do I know if there is a way to fix this. So! Here are my issues:

Firstly, my sound stops and doesn't restart. I don' t get why. It just goes belly up and that's all she wrote. Nothing after. I've tried to pause and resume the emulator but NOPE. Nothing. In fact, when I do that the emulator freezes and doesn't unfreeze. I found that if I skip cutscenes, the sound will keep on, but only for a few minutes. Then all is lost. Again. Very frustrating.

But livable. I can handle that. The second problem isn't so much. See. The game itself freezes. The FPS counter will keep going, but nothing happens on screen. This happens at the opening menu if the sound stops there, and then no matter what, it happens after I finish level one. I get as far as getting the award and then the screen goes black and nothing happens Ever. Well, almost nothing. The FPS counter keeps moving. But the screen is black and that's it.

Anyways, thanks for taking the time to check my stuff out, and thanks for helping, assuming you can (and do).
OniEkoh
Unregistered

03-22-2017, 11:00 AM -
I've been able to get the game running very, very smoothly through the opening splash screens (ATLUS etc.) It drops to 10-20FPS in the Main Menu screen, 15FPS for the first in-engine cutscene, and then 15-20FPS for gameplay.

This is with PPU Decoder: Recompiler (LLVM), and SPU Decoder: Interpreter (fast). I have also ticked all of ssshadow's LLE settings.

Attempting to use SPU Decoder: Recompiler (ASMJIT) causes the game to remain on a black screen (Not showing the bottom-left Loading image or reaching ATLUS splash). It does go through all of the Compiling dialog boxes, but when the game is launched, the last log entry is always:

S {SPU[0x2000005] Thread (CriSr thread)} SPU: Function detected [0x1e1b8-0x1e1fc] (size=0x44)

I have read through the thread a few times, attempted various fixes and different configurations (including using DX12 and Vulkan. OpenGL and Interpreter settings allows the game to run but only at 5FPS), but I've never been able to get the SPU recompiler to work.

Anything stand out in the logs? Also, if the SPU recompiler was to work, would that help the game run at a playable state in 30FPS? Thanks
ssshadow
Administrator

03-22-2017, 01:03 PM -
Don't do manual LLE. Untick everything in the list and use auto. LLVM + ASMJIT will work then.
OniEkoh
Unregistered

03-22-2017, 02:54 PM -
(03-22-2017, 01:03 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Don't do manual LLE. Untick everything in the list and use auto. LLVM + ASMJIT will work then.

Thanks for the suggestion but it didn't work unfortunately. After unticking all LLEs and using Auto, It boots to the same black screen and fills the log with the same green wall of messages (before and after XAudio2 is booted), ending in:

S {SPU[0x2000005] Thread (CriSr thread)} SPU: Function detected [0x1e1b8-0x1e1fc] (size=0x44)

Using the Auto "Load Required Libraries", I am now also unable to get past the ATLUS screen now with the previous working settings of LLVM + Interpreter (fast), or any other combination of recompiler.

This is with the latest build released late yesterday.

Edit: I've attempted reinstalling the firmware just in case (as the post on Auto LLE says you need the original encrypted .sprx), using the load liblv2.sprx and libvdec.prx checkbox.

The only combo that can pass the ATLUS splash screen while having Auto LLE on is Interpreter (fast) for both PPU and SPU. No Recompiler. However, using these settings causes the game to idle on the "Now, grab a snack and enjoy the strange tale of "Catherine"." animated screen when entering the story mode and would most likely yield the same 15-20FPS, maybe worse, in-game.
ssshadow
Administrator

03-22-2017, 04:11 PM -
Did you actually install firmware 4.81 from here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/suppor...dates/ps3/ ?

Someone else used some other firmware (presumably the update on the disc) and also had black screen instead of logo videos.

Delete everything in /dev_flash/, redownload firmware 4.81 from the link above, install it and make sure your settings page looks like this:

When that is OK, switch to LLVM.