14 posts in this topic
jakoaltrd

6 posts 3 threads Joined: Aug 2018
Sad  08-16-2018, 06:43 AM -
RPCS3 v0.0.5-7166-fdcc5adc8 Alpha | HEAD
            Intel i5-3337U CPU 1.80GHz
            ram 8GB 
            GPU GT625m (no vulkan surpport)

a lot of issues had been found when playing the game.

1. rendering issue
when the secen was loaded the first time, it was dark, then it became normal progressly

2. texture precision issue
the facial texture of the chracater should have a dramatic pattern , but in the realtime rendering scene, yasha's face looks like flat shading without texture. here is a comparison.

3.character model issue
character model just like cartton, they are not rendered precisely, some features are lost, make them ulgy and rough.

3. special effect issue
the special effect elements are not blend correctly, they are just rendered as squares. as for the liquid lava, they are like watercolours style.

4. framerate issue
though the hardware is low-end, it was meaningfull to see that my cpu is strugling to render the progress in real time, it was sluggish,but it works.

question: do these issues result from the renderer?

Attached Files
.gz   RPCS3.log.gz (Size: 1.43 MB / Downloads: 48)
Asinine

2,060 posts 83 threads Joined: Aug 2017
08-19-2018, 04:56 AM -
1. This is normal, that's how the new asynchronous shader implementation works. As it loads in shaders for the very first time you will see graphics slowly resolve. See: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7nFjhEf55U
Play for more than 5 seconds and the graphics will go to normal, and if you restart the game it will load in the shaders compiled from the previous run, so it's only an issue when first going to new areas etc.
If you don't like it you can turn it off in the GPU settings, but you will stutter a LOT more especially in Asura's Wrath which is why it was changed.

3. You need to use anisotropic filtering on Automatic AND 512x512 resolution scaling THRESHOLD.

I merged your post into the correct thread, please do not create duplicate threads.
This post was last modified: 08-19-2018, 04:59 AM by Asinine.
cleverest

98 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2018
Sad  04-28-2021, 12:55 PM -
Sadly the game crashed during the into movie of generals all fighting the ugly alien android thingies...

Using latest (well 3 days old) RPCS3 0.0.15-12155

I have a GTX 1650 Nvidia card and had set the **Resolution Scale Threshold to 509x509 (was recommending 512x512 in previous comment, but slider would not allow that, so this was the closest it would) and Anisotropic filtering set to AUTO. Should I try pure vanilla DEFAULTS since the build is much newer than the previous one that was being used?

** I just learned you can use the arrow keys on sliders to set them more precisely so I'm trying 512x512 next...will post again if that fixed it, otherwise I won't...

[Image: p26ino7dyb6rc9gzg.jpg]

Updated to the latest version (as of today) and set the THRESHOLD to 512x512 as previous posts point out...

Same crashing issue, at the same point in the intro opening scenes, once the third general is introduced after his flying kick toward the razor teeth monster starts to explode from his mighty demonic flying karate of doom; apparently it was so powerful that it kicked the arse of my computer too...

[Image: l1mnkd1a4a4db3fzg.jpg]
This post was last modified: 04-28-2021, 01:17 PM by cleverest.
cleverest

98 posts 1 threads Joined: Jun 2018
05-31-2021, 12:29 AM -
Update since my last post, although interest in this game seems to be basically dead.

I'm playing the US version, and wanted to warn about the "playable" status in RPCS3, as it's false. (I'm not sure how to submit logs formally so this will have to do). The game DOES play fine for awhile now with the latest (or within the last day or so) build 0.0.16-12344-a49446c9 Alpha, now finally clearing the intro cinematic unlike what was happening before and documented in the previous post, but it now crashes to the desktop at the end of Episode 1, before Episode 2 starts....frustratingly; I was having quite fun with this game.
GhostFilms

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2022
Heart  09-02-2022, 04:44 AM -
After playing this game entirely on Xbox I wanted to try this game on PS3 Emulation. At first i had some major issues with textures and frames. After some work however i was able to make the game "playable." As such the only things that I noticed was

• minor stutters /frame drops on occasion.
  • some instances of white borders on 1 or more sides of the screen.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X
RTX 3080 EVGA FTW Edition
32 GB Ram
Windows 11 Pro

If these images don't show for some reason they are attached.
GPU Settings

CPU Settings (Don't Think I changed anything here)

The major setting that made a difference for me was switching to "Aysnc with Shader Interpreter" rather than using normal "Async (multi threaded)."

I do have upscaling for my 1440p monitor which does well but you could get better performance with a lower scaling.

As of Writing this post I've complete Episodes 1 and 2 with very minor issues. My suggestion is to make sure you have the FPS unlock mod enabled because the cinematics look amazing at 60 fps over the normal 30.