How do i use one of my PS3 games?
Started by Hugal

7 posts in this topic
Hugal
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 02:22 AM -
In other words, i have a ps3 game i wanna test, the thing is i dont know how to rip it from the cd to my PC, can someone help?
tambre
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 04:07 AM -
Welcome to the forum!

You simply copy them over from /dev_hdd0/game/ and place them in the same folder. If you don't a PS3 with CFW, then you'll need to find a Blu-Ray drive that's capable of reading it. (there's very few that can read PS3 discs)

Please also read the newcomer's guide and see the list of playable games.
If you're having any problems, please also read how to report issues and when reporting statuses of games or are having problems please read the submission guidelines.

Please keep in mind that piracy is not allowed and asking help with piracy, requesting pirated firmware files or games may result in a permanent suspension.
Hugal
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 06:29 PM -
(04-07-2016, 04:07 AM)tambre Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

You simply copy them over from /dev_hdd0/game/ and place them in the same folder. If you don't a PS3 with CFW, then you'll need to find a Blu-Ray drive that's capable of reading it. (there's very few that can read PS3 discs)

If you're having any problems, please also read how to report issues and when reporting statuses of games or are having problems please read the submission guidelines.

Please keep in mind that piracy is not allowed and asking help with piracy, requesting pirated firmware files or games may result in a permanent suspension.

Hey! I did all of that and i already have the game on my PC, but it's giving me an error and i don't know what module to use, can i pm you?
tambre
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 06:47 PM -
(04-07-2016, 06:29 PM)Hugal Wrote:

Hey! I did all of that and i already have the game on my PC, but it's giving me an error and i don't know what module to use, can i pm you?

What error is it?
Hugal
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 06:55 PM -
(04-07-2016, 06:47 PM)tambre Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 06:29 PM)Hugal Wrote:

What error is it?

{PPU Thread[0x1] (main_thread)[0x0044fd2c]} cellGcmSys: cellGcmUnmapEaIoAddress(ea=0x1): UnmapRealAddress() failed
tambre
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 07:00 PM -
Sounds about usual. You won't be able to LLE cellGcm, as it interfaces directly with the hardware.
Hugal
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 07:05 PM -
(04-07-2016, 07:00 PM)tambre Wrote: Sounds about usual. You won't be able to LLE cellGcm, as it interfaces directly with the hardware.

So does that mean this game is unplayable right now? Strange, its so old.
tambre
Unregistered

04-07-2016, 07:09 PM -
(04-07-2016, 07:05 PM)Hugal Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 07:00 PM)tambre Wrote: Sounds about usual. You won't be able to LLE cellGcm, as it interfaces directly with the hardware.

So does that mean this game is unplayable right now? Strange, its so old.

Not sure why you'd think that the age of the game would matter.
As mentioned before, read the newcomer's guide and see the list of playable games.
For all games that I can think of, you're better off playing on a real PS3. Playing them on an emulator currently is just more of a hassle.