Please Help, EBOOT.BIN' failed
Started by LumbeeChief

8 posts in this topic
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 12:00 AM -
Every game I tried to boot on RPCS3 I keep getting EBOOT.BIN failed
Am using RPCS3 v0.0.0.6-6-b21e226

The games I tried were Final Fantasy X|X-2 Remaster, which is Half Playable according to the forums, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm which is also Half Playable according to the forums, the last game is Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch which am not sure the state of. I own all the games listed, I tried booting them from my bluray drive which is able to read the contents of both PS3 and PS4 discs. The way I tried to boot from the disc is click boot game and then navigate to the disc which is in F: which the game shows up as PS3VOLUME in explorer. I tried booting that way but the error I got is:

[REDACTE LOG SPAM]

Please help I don't know what to do. I believe I have all the required files. The files I have in the \dev_flash\sys\external is:
flashATRAC.pic, FlashMP3.pic, libatrac3plus.sprx.elf, libfiber.sprx.elf, libpngdec.sprx.elf, libsail.sprx.elf, libspurs_jq.sprx.elf, libsre.sprx.elf, libssl.sprx.elf

The settings am using in the Core tab is, PPU Decoder set to Interpreter, SPU Decoder set to Interpreter (precise). And for the graphics tab I tried using all Render API's but still no success.

My Specs by the way is:
CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.6Ghz
GPU:Radeon R9 380
RAM: 16GB DDR3 @2133Mhz
Bluray Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH14NS40
tambre
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 05:00 AM -
Welcome to the forum!

Please read the newcomer's guide and see the list of playable games.
If you're having any problems, please also read how to report issues and when reporting statuses of games or are having problems please read the submission guidelines.
The game should be placed in /dev_hdd0/game/.

Please keep in mind that piracy is not allowed and asking help with piracy, requesting pirated firmware files or games may result in a permanent suspension.
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 05:26 AM -
(04-03-2016, 05:00 AM)tambre Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

If you're having any problems, please also read how to report issues and when reporting statuses of games or are having problems please read the submission guidelines.

Please keep in mind that piracy is not allowed and asking help with piracy, requesting pirated firmware files or games may result in a permanent suspension.

I already looked at the newcomers guide before downloading this emulator. Oh and that's very messed up I took the time to copy and paste the log and you marked it as spam [REDACTE LOG SPAM] Why would you do that??? And what's this about piracy? As I said before I own the games Angry

Well it's a darn shame I can't seek the help I need to get this emulator working, after all am trying to help the RPCS3 community by testing all the games I legally own. I been trying for hours and hours getting this emulator to boot at least one out of 20 disc based games I own. All I did was come to this humble forum to seek help from individuals willing to help, and the first replay I get is from a guy accusing me of piracy, completely irrelevant to the topic. Again I legally own these games.
tambre
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 06:53 AM -
(04-03-2016, 05:26 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 05:00 AM)tambre Wrote: Welcome to the forum!

I already looked at the newcomers guide before downloading this emulator. Oh and that's very messed up I took the time to copy and paste the log and you marked it as spam [REDACTE LOG SPAM] Why would you do that??? And what's this about piracy? As I said before I own the games Angry

Well it's a darn shame I can't seek the help I need to get this emulator working, after all am trying to help the RPCS3 community by testing all the games I legally own. I been trying for hours and hours getting this emulator to boot at least one out of 20 disc based games I own. All I did was come to this humble forum to seek help from individuals willing to help, and the first replay I get is from a guy accusing me of piracy, completely irrelevant to the topic. Again I legally own these games.

Because it's simply that. It's useless and hard to read. See how to report issues, which explains how to post the log properly.

I don't think I ever accused you of piracy. That text above I have macrod to a button on my keyboard (+- some issue specific text). I basically post that everytime someone looks a little new. I also got a macro for actual piracy, but I have only ever used it once so far.

Also, considering that it's failing to load every game, there's likely something you have done wrong. Did you place the game under /dev_hdd0/game/ and then launch it from the game list?
Nezarn
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 08:35 AM -
(04-03-2016, 12:00 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: Every game I tried to boot on RPCS3 I keep getting EBOOT.BIN failed

The games I tried were Final Fantasy X|X-2 Remaster, which is Half Playable according to the forums, Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm which is also Half Playable according to the forums, the last game is Ni No Kuni Wrath of the White Witch which am not sure the state of. I own all the games listed, I tried booting them from my bluray drive which is able to read the contents of both PS3 and PS4 discs. The way I tried to boot from the disc is click boot game and then navigate to the disc which is in F: which the game shows up as PS3VOLUME in explorer. I tried booting that way but the error I got is:

[REDACTE LOG SPAM]

Please help I don't know what to do. I believe I have all the required files. The files I have in the \dev_flash\sys\external is:
flashATRAC.pic, FlashMP3.pic, libatrac3plus.sprx.elf, libfiber.sprx.elf, libpngdec.sprx.elf, libsail.sprx.elf, libspurs_jq.sprx.elf, libsre.sprx.elf, libssl.sprx.elf

The settings am using in the Core tab is, PPU Decoder set to Interpreter, SPU Decoder set to Interpreter (precise). And for the graphics tab I tried using all Render API's but still no success.

My Specs by the way is:

Of course they don't work, you can't boot straight from the disc, since the disc is encrypted, you need to rip the game from the disc.
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 02:28 PM -
(04-03-2016, 08:35 AM)Nezarn Wrote:
(04-03-2016, 12:00 AM)LumbeeChief Wrote: Every game I tried to boot on RPCS3 I keep getting EBOOT.BIN failed

[REDACTE LOG SPAM]

My Specs by the way is:

Of course they don't work, you can't boot straight from the disc, since the disc is encrypted, you need to rip the game from the disc.

Well at first I said that I tried booting from the disc, but then I used imgburn to copy the image file from the disc then extracted the ISO, and copy the game folder to the dev_hdd0\game folder, but Tambre above removed that sentence when he flagged my log as spam Dodgy

So yes again, at first I was trying to boot from the bluray drive, but I then made it into an ISO image with imgburn, then extracted the ISO image and put the game folder in dev_hdd0\game and then launch the game trough RPCS3, but I still get the EBOOT.BIN failed, also the games ICONS are blank within RPCS3 as shown in the Thumbnail below.
tambre
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 02:31 PM -
RPCS3 doesn't support ISOs. Also, as the loader says, it thinks that the files are corrupt. The contents of the disc are encrypted and you'll need to decrypt them with some other external tools. RPCS3 can only decrypt the executables and files, if you provide the decryption file, which will be likely required because most games have also some of their files encrypted (ie. .edat format).
LumbeeChief
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 03:15 PM -
OK so how do I decrypt the games on PC? I don't have a jailbroken PS3 Sad
tambre
Unregistered

04-03-2016, 03:22 PM -
See if this helps:
http://www.emunewz.net/forum/showthread....#pid230727