Difference between gl and dx12
Started by vlj

2 posts in this topic
vlj
Unregistered

03-22-2016, 12:03 AM -
Now that the 3 gfx backends are implemented I think it's important to focus on getting all of them in a similar state ; it's also important to polish gl backend since there are several very good gl debugger available which is not the case for dx12 where a lot of debugging feature are absent (Vulkan tools being at the moment even more limited).

Unfortunately there is no list of games that run differently between gl and dx, the states of games are spread between this forum and project's bug tracker so I'd like to use this thread to report when a game is running correctly using a backend but doesn't with another.

So far I know that texture cube are not well supported with gl and Vulkan.
Ani
Administrator

4,264 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-23-2016, 04:48 PM -
I have my test results over on this spreadsheet if it helps somehow

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1...lK0RvpLECg
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
kd-11
RPCS3 Developer

75 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-24-2016, 03:26 PM -
(03-22-2016, 12:03 AM)vlj Wrote: Now that the 3 gfx backends are implemented I think it's important to focus on getting all of them in a similar state ; it's also important to polish gl backend since there are several very good gl debugger available which is not the case for dx12 where a lot of debugging feature are absent (Vulkan tools being at the moment even more limited).

Unfortunately there is no list of games that run differently between gl and dx, the states of games are spread between this forum and project's bug tracker so I'd like to use this thread to report when a game is running correctly using a backend but doesn't with another.

So far I know that texture cube are not well supported with gl and Vulkan.

Theres some kind of vertex issue on GL. Its rarely triggered, but I think its noticeable on G-Force and Prince of persia: Sands of time from the HD collection. You could start there. Actually, according to users, the corruption is absent on DH's rsx-cache branch for prince of persia.