The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [BLUS31572]
Started by M

154 posts in this topic
Jhon1234
Unregistered

06-17-2017, 06:39 AM -
Doing that won't change anything.

new PARAM.SFO contain update info which needs to load for patch folder to work.

Clear Save
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/694913-the-...aves/24739

try to load this save.
If this save don't load that means update & dlc not working in rpcs3 for this game.

also for THE LEGEND OF HEROES TRAILS OF COLD STEEL 2.
both have the same file structure.
falsehead
Unregistered

06-17-2017, 07:30 AM -
(06-17-2017, 06:39 AM)Jhon1234 Wrote: Doing that won't change anything.

new PARAM.SFO contain update info which needs to load for patch folder to work.

Clear Save
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/694913-the-...aves/24739

try to load this save.
If this save don't load that means update & dlc not working in rpcs3 for this game.

also for THE LEGEND OF HEROES TRAILS OF COLD STEEL 2.
both have the same file structure.

I'm sorry for that. I'll update it later, if I found the proper and the correct way to do that.
Btw, I think it's illegal to share that link (*.pkg file) to this thread. CMIIW.
Jhon1234
Unregistered

06-18-2017, 03:49 AM -
can anyone try booting game from dev_bdvd.

Create the folder dev_bdvd next to dev_hdd0 etc.
In config.yml scroll down to the VFS section and change /dev_bdvd/: !<!> "" into /dev_bdvd/: $(EmulatorDir)dev_bdvd/
Place the PS3_GAME folder in dev_bdvd.
louiejoseph0153
Unregistered

06-24-2017, 04:36 AM -
With Nekotekina's libfiber update and PPU LLVM rewrite, the "sandybridge" workaround is no longer required.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
06-24-2017, 08:14 PM -
(06-24-2017, 04:36 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote: With Nekotekina's libfiber update and PPU LLVM rewrite, the "sandybridge" workaround is no longer required.

Thanks, updating OP.
Jhon1234
Unregistered

06-27-2017, 01:30 PM -
F {MFC Thread} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0

hangs in latest build
BLACKSAMA
Unregistered

07-03-2017, 11:18 PM -
(06-27-2017, 01:30 PM)Jhon1234 Wrote: F {MFC Thread} MEM: Access violation reading location 0x0

hangs in latest build

PPU LLVM Is unplayable on the latest build. Mem: Access violation happens every 10-15 minutes, PPU Interpreter seems to work ok, can someone point out which old version worked correctly with LLVM? Thanks everyone.
Green
Unregistered

07-04-2017, 05:13 AM -
(07-03-2017, 11:18 PM)BLACKSAMA Wrote: PPU LLVM Is unplayable on the latest build. Mem: Access violation happens every 10-15 minutes, PPU Interpreter seems to work ok, can someone point out which old version worked correctly with LLVM? Thanks everyone.

Seeing a similar hang as well in Ubuntu 16.04 (OpenGL/nvidia). I'm not sure of what was the last stable version, but LLVM only just started working recently for me. Before 253e7a in LLVM I got around 6 FPS, but somewhere before dda274a the FPS jumped to ~30 FPS. That was in the Fortress Barracks (game beginning). Quite impressive work being done here though.
BLACKSAMA
Unregistered

07-07-2017, 12:32 AM -
*Deleted*

Edit 1: Nevermind I re-read the whole thread and it is the same for a lot of users so I guess is normal. Sorry for the omission. Blush
Edit 2: Ok I am going to post what I found or has worked for me, so far.

1) Pre QT Build Version is not only faster (noticeable) but also has less black texture bugs, I call it locofix version (lol).

https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

2) For locofix version I use Recompiler LLVM, Recompiler (ASMUIT).

3) Memory error / Invalid Pointer, this is strange and I do know the answer to this, to prevent this from happening, I delete all folders in the Data folder forcing the game to compile again everytime I launch the game, when I do that the Emulator never throws the memory exception, if you close the emulator and open it again without deleting the folders in the data folder, the memory exception is usually going to happen in 15 minutes or so.

Anyway thats what I have been using and has been working so far.
Green
Unregistered

07-15-2017, 02:07 AM -
Deleting the contents of the Data folder did little for me, and the game will still lock up after around 25 to 30 minutes of game play. Most of the time the audio will go into an infinite loop, and then when a new game scene is loaded (such as after accepting a side quest or completing an event), the game window will remain stuck at a black screen.

The audio also randomly crackles a lot early on in and throughout the game using Alsa (in Ubuntu 16.04), but adjusting the software volume level a few times will fix the crackling for a short time. (Probably something in RPCS3 that PulseAudio doesn't like.)

-OpenAL is unusable because the audio skips badly.

-Random character black faces are still present as of 25fcde9.

-The "Write Color Buffers" option in OpenGL is a massive fps hit. Avoid using this.

-The Vulkan renderer produces gray screens in most cases. The "Write Color Buffers" option helps to correct this, but the applied fps hit is too great.

-(RSX: FBO check failed: 0x8cd6) It's everywhere in the log file, and probably accounts for ten's of megabytes of the overall log file size.

CPU:
PPU=LLVM
SPU=ASMJIT
Firmware Settings=Automatically load required libraries

GPU:
Renderer=OpenGL
Resolution=1280x720
Aspect Ratio=Auto
Framelimit=Auto
Invalidate Cache Every Frame
Use GPU Texture Scaling

Audio: