The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [BLUS31572]
Started by M

154 posts in this topic
louiejoseph0153
Unregistered

06-10-2017, 09:04 AM -
(06-09-2017, 09:09 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote: I really don't understand the QT or pre QT bits, but if you mean this as the pre QT then yeah. There are black bits that cover the screen and random freezing. Sometimes the sound disappears which is then followed by freezing.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/kd-11/rp.../artifacts

For the latest build, I can get past the Falcom screen, but it needs a handful of restarts, which is tremendously annoying. It freezes when I save sometimes too but luckily the file always gets saved.

Now, is there really a version so far that can eliminate the problems? The latest version IS more stable but the trial and errors in restarting is just unbearable. Plus the game losing sound is totally disadvantageous in long boss fights as freezing is guaranteed when the screen changes.

That version is too old. Its super slow.
I believe this is the latest pre-QT build im talking about
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

Try this ^

(06-09-2017, 11:33 PM)falsehead Wrote: I always get this display (shown in screenshot) when accessing the quick travel menu after certain scenes or dialogues.
Occasionally, I also get loss of sound problem as mentioned in the previous posts.
I use the latest build, and it happens also on previous builds.

Does anyone experience the same thing?

Yes. Nothing you can do about the broken textures. (aside from waiting for updates of course xD)
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-10-2017, 01:05 PM -
(06-10-2017, 09:04 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 09:09 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(06-09-2017, 04:13 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 05:33 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote: what is the problem you're experiencing? Mine is the game's constant loss of sound which guarantees a freeze after a scene change. Its bothersome specially after long boss fights. There is also a freezing when I start up the game... but that might be bearable. If you can suggest a better build then I'm all ears.

In QT, i can't go past the "Falcom" screen. PPU LLVM just freezes the program. If QT build works for you, then go for it(use latest), but for me, ill stick with pre qt. In the preQT build, aside from black textures and random freezes, everything works fine. Try both wx and qt. Go for what works for you.

I really don't understand the QT or pre QT bits, but if you mean this as the pre QT then yeah. There are black bits that cover the screen and random freezing. Sometimes the sound disappears which is then followed by freezing.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/kd-11/rp.../artifacts

For the latest build, I can get past the Falcom screen, but it needs a handful of restarts, which is tremendously annoying. It freezes when I save sometimes too but luckily the file always gets saved.

Now, is there really a version so far that can eliminate the problems? The latest version IS more stable but the trial and errors in restarting is just unbearable. Plus the game losing sound is totally disadvantageous in long boss fights as freezing is guaranteed when the screen changes.

That version is too old. Its super slow.
I believe this is the latest pre-QT build im talking about
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

Try this ^

(06-09-2017, 11:33 PM)falsehead Wrote: I always get this display (shown in screenshot) when accessing the quick travel menu after certain scenes or dialogues.
Occasionally, I also get loss of sound problem as mentioned in the previous posts.
I use the latest build, and it happens also on previous builds.

Does anyone experience the same thing?

Yes. Nothing you can do about the broken textures. (aside from waiting for updates of course xD)

wow i didn't know that they were still making new versions of the pre QT. i'll see if it gets any better. i'm not complaining about speed though, just the sound, freezing, and blackness.

sorry could you give me a brief overview on what Pre QT, QT, and what was the other one... wt?
louiejoseph0153
Unregistered

06-10-2017, 03:51 PM -
(06-10-2017, 01:05 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote: wow i didn't know that they were still making new versions of the pre QT. i'll see if it gets any better. i'm not complaining about speed though, just the sound, freezing, and blackness.

sorry could you give me a brief overview on what Pre QT, QT, and what was the other one... wt?

To be accurate, these versions were "already made".
What I meant by pre QT(its not real term by the way; i just made it up) is the version of the emulator before the merger of the QT branch to master (github) [thus the emulator still uses wx]. For speed, i get consistent 30 fps. I don't get much sound problems or blackness; only the occasional freezing.

QT and wx are GUI.
Before QT, the emulator was still using wx for its GUI. wx was getting, lets just say, "outdated", so the devs tried to do away with it and replace it with a better interface - QT.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
06-10-2017, 10:17 PM -
If you disable GPU texture scaling graphics will be fine, but the game will also be quite slow.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-13-2017, 10:42 AM -
@ louiejoseph0153 and ssshadow

Hi thank you both. That latest pre QT version did so much better. I didn't even need to disable GPU texture scaling. Speed is good, black bits are gone, and the loading doesn't freeze anymore. That's a load off my plate!

I haven't tested the audio problems yet though and the single save file still persists but maybe eventually this game will be perfected.

Speaking of save files... I might as well ask since its I'm itching to find out. Is it possible to get save files from gamefaqs or other people and put it on the rpcs3 save data? I recently tried getting files from both this game and the 2nd. Yet the save file from the first said that "there was downloadable content that wasn't installed" and the second just doesn't load anything. Has anyone actually tried this or does anyone have a clear data that I could ask for?
shikivaruna
Unregistered

06-13-2017, 03:26 PM -
(06-13-2017, 10:42 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote: @ louiejoseph0153 and ssshadow

Hi thank you both. That latest pre QT version did so much better. I didn't even need to disable GPU texture scaling. Speed is good, black bits are gone, and the loading doesn't freeze anymore. That's a load off my plate!

I haven't tested the audio problems yet though and the single save file still persists but maybe eventually this game will be perfected.

Speaking of save files... I might as well ask since its I'm itching to find out. Is it possible to get save files from gamefaqs or other people and put it on the rpcs3 save data? I recently tried getting files from both this game and the 2nd. Yet the save file from the first said that "there was downloadable content that wasn't installed" and the second just doesn't load anything. Has anyone actually tried this or does anyone have a clear data that I could ask for?

Hello. May I ask how did you get rid of the black bits? I am using the version https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts as mentioned in the thread. Everything is fine except for the black bits I get on the faces of characters sometimes, which makes their faces/hair/clothes entirely black - quite annoying.

I would like to specify that I have modified the config file and have changed Use LLMV line to Use LLVM CPU: !<!> "sandybridge"
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-14-2017, 12:22 PM -
(06-13-2017, 03:26 PM)shikivaruna Wrote:

Hello. May I ask how did you get rid of the black bits? I am using the version https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts as mentioned in the thread. Everything is fine except for the black bits I get on the faces of characters sometimes, which makes their faces/hair/clothes entirely black - quite annoying.

I would like to specify that I have modified the config file and have changed Use LLMV line to Use LLVM CPU: !<!> "sandybridge"

well I had GPU texture scaling checked, frame limit on auto, and recompiler for both. I don't think there is anything else other than that.
shikivaruna
Unregistered

06-14-2017, 01:58 PM -
(06-14-2017, 12:22 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

well I had GPU texture scaling checked, frame limit on auto, and recompiler for both. I don't think there is anything else other than that.

Did you update the config file by changing LLMV line to as specified or did you leave it to default which I think was blank?
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-14-2017, 02:10 PM -
(06-14-2017, 01:58 PM)shikivaruna Wrote:
(06-14-2017, 12:22 PM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

Did you update the config file by changing LLMV line to as specified or did you leave it to default which I think was blank?

yes I did that too. I believe that the game won't even boot if you don't do the sandybridge thing.

And I just want to say that I've been stuck on chapter 2's boss for an hour now. It's not even that hard! The problem is that the sound lags all the time during prolonged fights and the moment a scene changes, the game will be guaranteed a freeze before a loading screen. Please! I'm begging here. If anyone could actually find a way to keep the sound from lagging, I would really be grateful.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
06-15-2017, 01:14 PM -
What if you disable audio? Set audio to null in settings.