The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [BLUS31572]
Started by M

154 posts in this topic
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-04-2017, 01:09 PM -
(06-04-2017, 11:39 AM)ssshadow Wrote: You can save pretty much everywhere right? Maybe save and reload fixes audio... But that the audio mixer dies in a lot of games is a known problem, also affects Demon's Souls for everyone and for a few unlucky people Catherine.

yes i can. that's the plus about the game xd. although the audio not dying... and more save files would've really made this perfect but oh well. maybe in the future.

I noticed that the builds get updated every once in a while and finally the last build (june 2) re enabled open gl and the sandybridge fix again. thank goodness for that. i can finally delete my older rpcs3 versions.

one last thing too. i only noticed that the game datas get installed because of this game. I know that i should ask in the appropriate thread, but whenever i try opening diva f 2nd, my game data installation always fail, does that have anything to do with the infinite loading problem there?
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
06-04-2017, 03:41 PM -
Diva F 2nd doesn't work. Not sure about game data but the game doesn't work either way.

RPCS3 got a new GUI backend literally this moment so multiple save slots is something that could be worked on now.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-05-2017, 01:21 AM -
(06-04-2017, 03:41 PM)ssshadow Wrote: Diva F 2nd doesn't work. Not sure about game data but the game doesn't work either way.

RPCS3 got a new GUI backend literally this moment so multiple save slots is something that could be worked on now.

you mean I should try this newest build?
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/rpcs3/rp.../artifacts

Okay. I'll message back what comes up. thanks.

EDIT: I tried out the newest build. The same is still one slot like before... and sometimes it would freeze when I save and also when it reads the data before the title page. But I did notice that the sound disappears a lot less now. On the last build, sound would disappear every two battles. This time I did about 20 and it didn't disappear.

Attached is the log file. Overall its better... I think for the audio at least.
louiejoseph0153
Unregistered

06-06-2017, 01:29 AM -
With the merger of the QT update, the game freezes before or after (it is random) the first loading screen when PPU LLVM is used. It works normally on PPU Interpreter.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-07-2017, 05:29 AM -
(06-06-2017, 01:29 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote: With the merger of the QT update, the game freezes before or after (it is random) the first loading screen when PPU LLVM is used. It works normally on PPU Interpreter.

There's no difference I'm afraid. It still freezes even on Interpreter. But thanks for the tip though. The game is still playable, its just bothersome every now and then with this.
louiejoseph0153
Unregistered

06-08-2017, 02:07 AM -
Its kinda weird how people trying the same build have major difference in experience. I also read(on github) one person with the same problem as mine. Well, as for me, i'd stick with the pre qt merge build and try to finish the game with it.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-08-2017, 05:33 AM -
(06-08-2017, 02:07 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote: Its kinda weird how people trying the same build have major difference in experience. I also read(on github) one person with the same problem as mine. Well, as for me, i'd stick with the pre qt merge build and try to finish the game with it.

what is the problem you're experiencing? Mine is the game's constant loss of sound which guarantees a freeze after a scene change. Its bothersome specially after long boss fights. There is also a freezing when I start up the game... but that might be bearable. If you can suggest a better build then I'm all ears.
louiejoseph0153
Unregistered

06-09-2017, 04:13 AM -
(06-08-2017, 05:33 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 02:07 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote: Its kinda weird how people trying the same build have major difference in experience. I also read(on github) one person with the same problem as mine. Well, as for me, i'd stick with the pre qt merge build and try to finish the game with it.

what is the problem you're experiencing? Mine is the game's constant loss of sound which guarantees a freeze after a scene change. Its bothersome specially after long boss fights. There is also a freezing when I start up the game... but that might be bearable. If you can suggest a better build then I'm all ears.

In QT, i can't go past the "Falcom" screen. PPU LLVM just freezes the program. If QT build works for you, then go for it(use latest), but for me, ill stick with pre qt. In the preQT build, aside from black textures and random freezes, everything works fine. Try both wx and qt. Go for what works for you.
jazjaz36
Unregistered

06-09-2017, 09:09 AM -
(06-09-2017, 04:13 AM)louiejoseph0153 Wrote:
(06-08-2017, 05:33 AM)jazjaz36 Wrote:

In QT, i can't go past the "Falcom" screen. PPU LLVM just freezes the program. If QT build works for you, then go for it(use latest), but for me, ill stick with pre qt. In the preQT build, aside from black textures and random freezes, everything works fine. Try both wx and qt. Go for what works for you.

I really don't understand the QT or pre QT bits, but if you mean this as the pre QT then yeah. There are black bits that cover the screen and random freezing. Sometimes the sound disappears which is then followed by freezing.
https://ci.appveyor.com/project/kd-11/rp.../artifacts

For the latest build, I can get past the Falcom screen, but it needs a handful of restarts, which is tremendously annoying. It freezes when I save sometimes too but luckily the file always gets saved.

Now, is there really a version so far that can eliminate the problems? The latest version IS more stable but the trial and errors in restarting is just unbearable. Plus the game losing sound is totally disadvantageous in long boss fights as freezing is guaranteed when the screen changes.
falsehead
Unregistered

06-09-2017, 11:33 PM -
I always get this display (shown in screenshot) when accessing the quick travel menu after certain scenes or dialogues.
Occasionally, I also get loss of sound problem as mentioned in the previous posts.
I use the latest build, and it happens also on previous builds.

Does anyone experience the same thing?