The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel [BLUS31572]
Started by M

154 posts in this topic
foreveryou79
Unregistered

03-30-2017, 03:54 AM -
(03-28-2017, 03:11 PM)ssshadow Wrote:
(03-28-2017, 05:29 AM)foreveryou79 Wrote: Can someone confirm if this is normal. I am only able to make 1 save and load file?

For now, yes.

If you need more than one save slot, you can manually copy the folders in \dev_hdd0\home\00000001\savedata

Yup. Thanks. I already did that. I am making 1 backup per Chapter starts.

BTW, is anyone able to fix this tiny issue/bug with the screen? Please see the picture

http://i67.tinypic.com/fy340n.png

Can also someone confirm if Cold Steel Part 2 is already playable 'till the end? I tried booting Cold Steel 2 and it loaded. I'm not sure though how far it can go.

See the screenshot.

http://i64.tinypic.com/1el9xj.png
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-30-2017, 12:29 PM -
Yes the first bug will be fixed eventually, it is caused by the same WIP code from kd-11 that speeds up the game.

Trails 2 seems to run just as well as any other PhyreEngine game. Do make a thread for it please!
Bighead
Unregistered

03-30-2017, 09:17 PM -
Yes! It's a happy day to see these games start to become playable in an emulator considering the bad luck I've had with the PS3. I love them and I've played them both multiple times across multiple PS3's (I've had 2 of them die on me but my current one is still kicking), and I look forward to the day I can play them again on my PC in hopefully a higher resolution than 720p. Already tested them out with the build on the first post and they work rather well, the dark transition in the near distance and the other small glitches are the only reason I won't replay them again quite yet.

I'm not sure the developers will see this but I want to extend my thanks for making this possible. You are doing God's work here preserving this generation of games, especially these ones, as is the case with all the authors who put in their time and effort.
Bakuretsu
RPCS3 Developer

22 posts 1 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-30-2017, 10:23 PM -
Games running fairly well right now. Only a few bugs.

In order of annoyingness,

On my faster rig (always gets 30fps and drops to maybe 25 fps at worst)... Occasionally, I will get crashes on a null pointer exception. Or, as it may be better known, memory access violation on 0x0. Then on my laptop, which is a potato (lol), I will regularly yet unpredictably have the music randomly start skipping. Upon skipping, the game is doomed to hang soon, typically on the next load screen but not always. Strangely, the potato rig hasn't experienced the memory access violation (yet?).

Graphics wise, shadows are completely botched. And, the graphics glitch from forever occurs as well. Occasionally, textures will get corrupted. Though, the way they're corrupted is interesting. They seem to get replaced by other textures. Typically, this results in a massive head being rendered in the pause menu. But, can also result in stranger things, like hair being black or Rean's head appearing everywhere. This is fixed with a reset and doesn't seem to cause any other issues. But, is strange.
ssshadow
Administrator

2,494 posts 63 threads Joined: Aug 2017
03-30-2017, 11:25 PM -
Synchronization issues. *Maybe* you will get a better or worse result on SPU interpreter.

The graphical bugs are expected, the code that makes the game fast also causes them because it's WIP.
Egnom
Unregistered

03-31-2017, 11:45 PM -
Does any one get the black screen were you can only see the dialog bubbles and sound nothing else?

Attached is screenshot and log
urukazuto
Unregistered

04-01-2017, 04:23 AM -
(03-31-2017, 11:45 PM)Egnom Wrote: Does any one get the black screen were you can only see the dialog bubbles and sound nothing else?

Change Vulkan to OpenGL,
I have same issue when using vulkan, and OpenGL fixed that.
Roy1227
Unregistered

04-01-2017, 05:14 AM -
(03-31-2017, 11:45 PM)Egnom Wrote: Does any one get the black screen were you can only see the dialog bubbles and sound nothing else?

you need to use kd-11 to play where you can download in post #11
Bighead
Unregistered

04-01-2017, 06:34 AM -
I laughed pretty hard when I went to bring up the menu and this popped up, definitely wasn't expecting it. I love catching the early stages of an emulator, you won't get to see stuff like this otherwise.

[Image: CTlu3VF.jpg]
Ensuno
Unregistered

04-02-2017, 02:31 AM -
Not sure how old this is, but wanted to see if anyone got the openal32.dll message after extracting link from post #11? I can get game to run just with what roy was having issue with. Black screen with just dialog bubbles. Anyone able to assist?