Bug Reporting Instructions Suggestion
Started by komawoyo

1 posts in this topic
komawoyo
Unregistered

02-29-2016, 03:34 PM -
Hello,

I would like to request that the main page on the RPCS3 Github page be updated to include instructions to upload bugs that describes a set of information useful for the developers (ie. RPCS3 version/build, OS etc)

I know that this is in the FAQ and found elsewhere but from experience, I know that many people including myself hardly look at that although it is quite resourceful (have you looked at the FAQ yet?).

This movement will not only save time for developers not needing to request a log and information about the user's setup but also reduce the time required to solve the issue thus producing more time to go through more bugs (effectively).

Code:
(blow is just a quick example of things to include w/ instruction)
Key points to include would be:
1. OS build/version/
     a. cmd > "winver"
2. RPCS3 version/build
3. logs
   > go to main RPCS3 folder and zip *RPCS3*.log
4. instructions on how to reproduce issue/bug
5. etc

An example I found is regarding a bug report that I deemed to be quite use in regards to android rom is below. I hope that this idea can be expanded to RPCS3

tambre
Unregistered

02-29-2016, 04:06 PM -
The README is meant for developers and to give a quick overview for them on how to set up the project and how to get it compiling. Though I guess a reference could be added to FAQ/reporting issues. I might try to get the forum restructured a bit and then write up some new guides and do general cleanup.