A question regarding the installation of rpcs3 on mac
Started by EnderJS

4 posts in this topic
EnderJS
Unregistered

01-28-2016, 11:06 PM -
Well maybe I'm too dumb... But I simply cannot understand how to install it on mac.

There is no .dmg file, I can't use the source code to directly install by typing 'make' in terminal.

Can anyone tell me how to do it? Thx a lot.
tambre
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 05:35 AM -
(01-28-2016, 11:06 PM)EnderJS Wrote: Well maybe I'm too dumb... But I simply cannot understand how to install it on mac.

There is no .dmg file, I can't use the source code to directly install by typing 'make' in terminal.

Read the README.
EnderJS
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 02:27 PM -
(01-29-2016, 05:35 AM)tambre Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:06 PM)EnderJS Wrote: Well maybe I'm too dumb... But I simply cannot understand how to install it on mac.

Read the README.

I read it. But for the part

Remove '-framework QuickTime' from '_ldflags' in /usr/local/bin/wx-config

I'm not sure how to do it. And I don't know how to open this application since it's not shown in my application folder or anywhere either.

Thanks a lot for your help.
tambre
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 02:37 PM -
(01-29-2016, 02:27 PM)EnderJS Wrote:

Read the README.

I'm not sure how to do it. And I don't know how to open this application since it's not shown in my application folder or anywhere either.

Are you a programmer and have knowledge with such build systems? If not, there's probably no point trying to compile.
Also no one on the development team has a Mac (AFAIK). Try taking a look at the travis file and follow the instructions.
EnderJS
Unregistered

01-29-2016, 02:42 PM -
(01-29-2016, 02:37 PM)tambre Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:27 PM)EnderJS Wrote:

Read the README.

Are you a programmer and have knowledge with such build systems? If not, there's probably no point trying to compile.
Also no one on the development team has a Mac (AFAIK). Try taking a look at the travis file and follow the instructions.

Nope. Just a random person who tried on a windows platform and it seems to work, so I would like to see if it also works on a OS X platform.

Ok I will take a look. Thanks a lot.