Steins;Gate 0 [BLJM61303]
Started by Ani

73 posts in this topic
Dont--Panic
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 04:42 AM -
(02-03-2016, 09:25 PM)Annie Wrote: I managed to do it! (Sorry for the double post so quickly one after the other)

Here's how:
I swapped out imv008.usm with a copy of intro.usm because I supposed it would play the intro movie instead of the one that wasn't playing. And it worked.
For those are you with the same black screen issue, try this. Then, press L when the video starts playing and it will hopefully skip you into game.
(PS: Before doing that I re-extracted the game and tested with it to make sure everything was in its original state, wouldn't work, I extracted all the modules from the firmware update that comes with the game and decrypted them (the tool only allows to do it one by one so it took a bit of time xD, also wouldn't work))

This game could be moved into Half Playable and possibly Playable, I don't know if changing one small .usm movie file counts as a "hack" to make the game work.
I'll try to play it as far as I can, and make a small video just demonstrating it works.

Screenshot attached.

If that worked then you could probably replace them all with a one frame video of just a black screen; I quickly created a single frame video if you want to try it.
tambre
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 05:47 AM -
I'd probably consider it kinda workaroundy.
If anyone is able to fully play through it and the one small issue is fixed, then it's technically fully playable.
douggle
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 01:49 PM -
(02-04-2016, 05:47 AM)tambre Wrote: I'd probably consider it kinda workaroundy.
If anyone is able to fully play through it and the one small issue is fixed, then it's technically fully playable.

Yeah, though its odd that some people need to swap out video files while some of us are still using the original unmodified game, but if it works it works.
Ani
Administrator

4,278 posts 105 threads Joined: Aug 2017
02-04-2016, 02:04 PM -
(02-04-2016, 01:49 PM)douggle Wrote:

Yeah, though its odd that some people need to swap out video files while some of us are still using the original unmodified game, but if it works it works.

If people can get through the menu and play with the unmodified version of the game, I think it could be moved to Half Playable / Playable, someone should make a video about it.
The cutscene videos are kinda part of the game since it's a visual novel, I wouldn't call it Perfectly Playable, but Half Playable or Playable yeah.
Is there any debugging option I can activate to see why the game isn't loading/skipping the original imv007.usm file?

It is indeed odd why some people can and some cannot play the original unmodified.
    Desktop: Ryzen 7 5800X,   Radeon RX 6800 XT, 2x8G DDR4 3600MHz, Manjaro Linux
     Laptop: Ryzen 9 5900HX,  Radeon RX 6700M,   2x8G DDR4 3200MHz, Manjaro Linux
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
tambre
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 02:46 PM -
(02-04-2016, 02:04 PM)Annie Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 01:49 PM)douggle Wrote:

If people can get through the menu and play with the unmodified version of the game, I think it could be moved to Half Playable / Playable, someone should make a video about it.
The cutscene videos are kinda part of the game since it's a visual novel, I wouldn't call it Perfectly Playable, but Half Playable or Playable yeah.
Is there any debugging option I can activate to see why the game isn't loading/skipping the original imv007.usm file?

It is indeed odd why some people can and some cannot play the original unmodified.

Not really. Your debugging option is to start inspecting what the game does and then trying to fix it through debugging some of the (relevant) stuff it does.
Ani
Administrator

02-04-2016, 05:43 PM -
(02-04-2016, 04:42 AM)Dont--Panic Wrote: If that worked then you could probably replace them all with a one frame video of just a black screen; I quickly created a single frame video if you want to try it.

Tried it with that file in place of imv008.usm didn't work, same black screen.
Also tried removing the imv008.usm and leaving no file in place and it reproduces the same black screen issue.
It did work only for the copy of intro.usm. Weird.
Messed with Radeon Crimson's settings to try and see if it would change anything (Changed the options that had "AMD Optimized" to "Use application preferences&quotWink, also didn't change anything.

Will try to play the game with the workaround that works though when I have the time.
Old Desktop: AMD FX-8350,     Radeon R9 280X,    2x4G DDR3 1600MHz, Manjaro Linux
Depem0n
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 05:54 PM -
(02-03-2016, 09:25 PM)Annie Wrote: I managed to do it! (Sorry for the double post so quickly one after the other)

Here's how:
I swapped out imv008.usm with a copy of intro.usm because I supposed it would play the intro movie instead of the one that wasn't playing. And it worked.
For those are you with the same black screen issue, try this. Then, press L when the video starts playing and it will hopefully skip you into game.
(PS: Before doing that I re-extracted the game and tested with it to make sure everything was in its original state, wouldn't work, I extracted all the modules from the firmware update that comes with the game and decrypted them (the tool only allows to do it one by one so it took a bit of time xD, also wouldn't work))

This game could be moved into Half Playable and possibly Playable, I don't know if changing one small .usm movie file counts as a "hack" to make the game work.
I'll try to play it as far as I can, and make a small video just demonstrating it works.
Thank you! It helped me , and now i can play it , you save a lot of my time. But , sound is very bad. It is playing .... as on video upper.
Who knows how to fix it?
tambre
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 05:58 PM -
(02-04-2016, 05:54 PM)Depem0n Wrote:

Here's how:

Thank you! It helped me , and now i can play it , you save a lot of my time. But , sound is very bad. It is playing .... as on video upper.
Who knows how to fix it?

Fix is to play in a couple years. Audio isn't really currently a priority and is more or less barely functional with some unresearched things and more. Audio along with user friendliness is usually the last thing to be perfected in most emulators, though currently it might be approved more easily, due to a more "modern" approach, AFAIK.
Ani
Administrator

02-04-2016, 06:35 PM -
(02-04-2016, 05:54 PM)Depem0n Wrote: Thank you! It helped me , and now i can play it , you save a lot of my time. But , sound is very bad. It is playing .... as on video upper.
Who knows how to fix it?

I'd take a blind guess and say you're probably using a somewhat weak processor. In s;g 0 RPCS3 keeps outputting a lot of the same strings in a loop so that could possibly lag you a bit.
Make sure you're not running a lot of other programs that can use up CPU power.
Ultimately, as said above, audio is not the primary focus of the emulator in this stage. I get around 45fps ingame and the audio lags a bit but nothing much imo. It's bearable.
tambre
Unregistered

02-04-2016, 07:25 PM -
(02-04-2016, 06:35 PM)Annie Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 05:54 PM)Depem0n Wrote: Thank you! It helped me , and now i can play it , you save a lot of my time. But , sound is very bad. It is playing .... as on video upper.
Who knows how to fix it?

I'd take a blind guess and say you're probably using a somewhat weak processor. In s;g 0 RPCS3 keeps outputting a lot of the same strings in a loop so that could possibly lag you a bit.
Make sure you're not running a lot of other programs that can use up CPU power.
Ultimately, as said above, audio is not the primary focus of the emulator in this stage. I get around 45fps ingame and the audio lags a bit but nothing much imo. It's bearable.

If you want, you can disable logging to the debug console. Might help with the FPS by a bit. The things will still be continue to be logged in the log. Smile