Yakuza 5 torrent, no .rap file?
Started by smashbrother

1 posts in this topic
smashbrother
Unregistered

01-09-2016, 03:59 PM -
Hey guys. First off, forgive me as I do not know much about emulation, programming, etc.

I never thought Yakuza 5 was going to come out so I got rid of my PS3. Apparently, it's now available on the PSN store for online download only. So I downloaded rpcs3.

I found a .pkg file that matches the GB size of the game. It unpacks in rpcs3, but doesn't open because it says it's missing the .rap files.

I tried to find em but couldn't. Why would someone upload an incomplete version of the file? I'm guessing this wouldn't run on a PS3 either?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, pretty sure people are going to tell me it won't work anyways as it seems this emulator has a limited amount of working games.
tambre
Unregistered

01-09-2016, 06:09 PM -
(01-09-2016, 03:59 PM)smashbrother Wrote: Hey guys. First off, forgive me as I do not know much about emulation, programming, etc.

I never thought Yakuza 5 was going to come out so I got rid of my PS3. Apparently, it's now available on the PSN store for online download only. So I downloaded rpcs3.

I found a .pkg file that matches the GB size of the game. It unpacks in rpcs3, but doesn't open because it says it's missing the .rap files.

I tried to find em but couldn't. Why would someone upload an incomplete version of the file? I'm guessing this wouldn't run on a PS3 either?

Any help would be appreciated. Also, pretty sure people are going to tell me it won't work anyways as it seems this emulator has a limited amount of working games.

RPCS3 in no way supports piracy. RPCS3 is for the preservation of the PS3 hardware and to assist developers/modders/translators/etc of games.
Pirated copies of games wont be supported. Discussion, asking help and links for pirated or illegal materials may result in a permanent suspension from the forum. Since you're new, I have issued you a warning.

Now that's out of the way, please read the FAQ and how to report issues.
Please also remember that you shouldn't expect any commercial games to work, as explained by the FAQ.

Now first off, to currently run any games in a meaningful way, you'll need to obtain firmware files and decryption files (if needed for the game) for the game from your Custom Firmware (CFW) PS3 through a FTP server.

If you want to run any PS3 game reliably or at full speed without any issues or problems, you're probably best off getting a real PS3. You're going to need a PS3 anyways for using the emulator.